New Space Marines codex and YOU

Neuralshock

Hello all, the world of power armor is about to be shook and I can't help but wonder what cool combos await. Unless I miss my mark, it seems like the DA will be getting access to the nuts and bolts (literally) of the new codex (centurion devs!). But I think this also means we get access to the librarius discipline along with the shrouding discipline from the vanguard librarian, might of heroes on a squad of DWK, along with righteous repungnance, can you imagine?

The combat doctrines, multiple chapter tactic, and litanies of battle all sound very interesting which leads me to believe you can swap tactics to match the opponent and litanies to make chaplains more than just a reroll aura. All in all very cool, what do you guys think?

Edited by Neuralshock

Neuralshock, I doubt we will have access to those disciplines. Just because they put the generic dataslates into one book instead of reprinting them in seperate codices doesn't mean we will get all the boons of all the others.

I think the chapter specific stuff will be in the supplements such as RW, DW and unique characters, but I think it's more likely they will do work to get marines working better on the table, than giving chapters access to a lot of stuff they didn't already have.

Guest MistaGav

I'm really holding out for Centurions as them in a bubble of Azrael and a Darkshroud will be fun!

Maybe if we get the indomitus veteran Detachment as well could be good too.

Guest MistaGav

White Scars can now fire their Attack Bikes without penalty?

Think the Ravenwing will get such a consideration, down the line?

I was thinking and hoping for the same thing when I read that! Itd be even better if it applied to landspeeders too.

Steele yourselves, gentlemen. We'll probably get our updates tomorrow. Looks like all these new tactics apply to vehicles as well so whatever they've added to grim resolve the "-wings" will benefit.

Fingers crossed!

GW have confirmed there'll be no change in chapter tactics.

Sorry guys. Keep playing causal

Link? Because the last line of the enhanced chapter tactics is that DA/BA/GK/DW/SW are getting free updated rules as well

Oh, I can see them doing that. Realistically, The major updates for non-C:SM books will likely come a month or two after this new book shakes everything up so we'll have to witness the ultra-smurfs tearing up the charts. Just like last time

GW have confirmed there'll be no change in chapter tactics.

Sorry guys. Keep playing causal

Link? Because the last line of the enhanced chapter tactics is that DA/BA/GK/DW/SW are getting free updated rules as well

3GHYuhH.png

No new Chapter tactics. We just get the new rules.

Edited by Gederas

I'm excited for what will come.

You are new to Dark Angels, aren't you. :teehee::D;)

Nowadays I prefer to be optimistic, there is already enough of people that can fill "the sky is falling" role everytime anything new comes out and they excel at it. As I'm never going to be as good pessimist as them I decided to specialize in the optimism part. ;) Plus keeps my blood pressure low.