New Space Marines codex and YOU

Neuralshock

68295103_10157469477351055_5762020316339

This is not our codex mk 2 sadly.

However the doctrines do open an interesting door for them to create a hexagrammatron doctrine for us when we get our re-work

I "love" how poorly GW words things.  On Warcom they list combat doctrines as the "last part of the new Angels of Death ability"

So either we don't get the "Angels of Death" rule as mentioned in that quote from facebook, it's different for DA, or the doctrines aren't part of the ability.

Well, let's not despair. C'mon guys.

An update will come soon enough for us.

If we don't get doctrines, we might get something else. If the regular DW and RW get switched for something as ridiculous as a gunslinging stealth powerloader, we will have fun with it anyway. And if we get no new models, at least our collections will be spared having to be thrown into a storage unit or a dumpster for a bit longer, which is good. Even if the changes mean we remain a not-so-competitive codex, it's no big deal, as long as the army retains it's soul and gets at least SOME fixes to its issues.

Let's stay positive! Bad wording and poor communication not withstanding.

I hope we get doctrine equivalents that bring back the synergy between wings; that we get an improved chapter tactic; that we get to customize our successors a bit; and that our replacement bikers are not freaking repulsor bikes (although, that is quite unlikely. Everything floats down here, by now. We all float down here)

I'm pretty sure we won't get anything new, except for phobos stuff and EXO-squad. Maybe slight points ajustments and rules fixing, nothing major though. Anyway, all I want is some buffs to terminators, aside from general +1 attack in the first round of combat, and some love for chaplains.

TBH, Dark Angels are still the best looking space marine army (for me it's best looking, period), so I'm not too worried about lack of new units. I hate primaris stuff anyway.

I think Berzuls right we will get our day in the 'buff sun' might be a month or two...

SM doctrines... But not for the DA... But the DA have 3 'wings'...

GW - Grim Resolve updated to give -1ap too?

RW - Speed of the raven I.e. move and shoot normally?

DW - DW Assault.. double tap? Grim Resolve and -1ap

Just a an idea!

I suspect there will be some poi t adjustments though!

Guest MistaGav

Maybe when we get a codex 2.0 we will get some specific greenwing/Deathwing/Ravenwing doctrines that are tailored to them.

Also I've been thinking, instead of getting specific new Primaris kits but detachments that give certain primaris units the Deathwing or Ravenwing keyword instead.

New Stratagem that lets you designate a single enemy unit to count as <Fallen> for all rules purposes.

Commander: “Why’d you blow up that bus full of puppies heading to the orphanage?”

Deathwing: “the driver was Fallen.”

Commander: “.....whatsoever led you to believe that?!?!?”

Deathwing; <shrugs> “A hunch. Guessed wrong. Whoops.”

Edited by Indefragable

What interests me about the supplements is there seems to be two levels of relics, one lot for the named chapter and one lot for them + successors.  With that and the create your own vanilla chapter with the traits I do wonder, maybe it's more of a hope, that we and BA get rules for successors too.

So GW officially sayd all non Codex Chapter won't get the 2.0 treatemnt the Codex Marines get.

So all we will get are the new Units and some of the Special Rules(Like every other SM Faction get, even the Chaos ones)

Dark Angels will now drop back heavily compared to the other Chapters.

I am so Salty about GWs decision to pass over DA,BA,SW, the black Sea seems sweet against.

Edited by domsto

So GW officially sayd all non Codex Chapter won't get the 2.0 treatemnt the Codex Marines get.

So all we will get are the new Units and some of the Special Rules(Like every other SM Faction get, even the Chaos ones)

I am so Salty about GWs decision to pass over DA,BA,SW, the black Sea seems sweet against.

They will get it with a new codex, just not with the PDF.  That's my hope anyway.

They will get it with a new codex, just not with the PDF.  That's my hope anyway.

I think we will get a new codex with the next wave of primaris units sometime next year

I hope I'm wrong as we are such an uncompetitive codex at the moment we need all the help we can get

I didn't know this until yesterday but we're ranked bottom of the factions in ITC events.

Why would the ITC ranking matter to 90% of DA players?

The ITC format has an extreme bias toward a particular play style and list construction.  It is also easy to design lists that are hard counters to the ITC winner lists.  And when reviewing the ITC mission objectives, it is obvious why those hard counter lists didn't show up.

So ITC turns out to be a Rock Paper Scissors event that has paper on the banned list.

I would loved to be proved wrong.

I mean, I don't think there's been a dark angel tournament winner in 8th of any format, and very very few top 10s

We're not really a useful soup ally for Imperium as other armies do either horde clearing, anti-tank and board control all better

We could always play custom green-marines through the updated codex, until our own comes out -_-

Saddly, I gotta say that, as a successor player, I am tempted to do so.

I hardly ever use many stratagems other than generic ones, plus Speed of the Raven; or special and unique units besides the Darkshroud or the Dark Talon.

My army lists are mostly greenwing, and can be made for the same point costs with a codex-compliant rule set (which is why my successor is very codex compliant).

I love the Dark Angels above all other factions, but I just might remain one in spirit, not in mechanics, for a while, if things keep going the way they are going.

I mean, I don't think there's been a dark angel tournament winner in 8th of any format, and very very few top 10s

We're not really a useful soup ally for Imperium as other armies do either horde clearing, anti-tank and board control all better

Yeah I belive there was a list that did ok at lvo 2018 before gw brought in the rule of 3. I'm at the point until gw bring out a new dark Angels Dex there going to stay in there cases. As I only play in tournaments now and don't want you to take a army with so few good units

I didn't know this until yesterday but we're ranked bottom of the factions in ITC events.

The ITC format has an extreme bias toward a particular play style and list construction.  It is also easy to design lists that are hard counters to the ITC winner lists.  And when reviewing the ITC mission objectives, it is obvious why those hard counter lists didn't show up.

So ITC turns out to be a Rock Paper Scissors event that has paper on the banned list.

I had a similar reply to the guy who told me on fb.  I have a modest 50:50 win ratio in 8th with all flavours of DA taken into account, I'm pretty happy. My meta consists of friends, of varying degrees of beardyness and even a fallen player who I'm yet to beat (all that plasma turned against me!). I'm sure that little admission will earn me some wrath from my DA brothers and sisters :wub:

I don't think you are wrong, considering what too many ITC army lists look like.

"Hi! Here's my Astra Miltarum tournament army list: 3 Imperial Knights,..."

Oh yes, it is Astra Miltarum (and others) that are just beating the living $#@! out of Dark Angels on the ITC scene, not any sort of oh so rare Island of Dr. Moreau freak of nature hybrid army lists.

So, yeah, take any ITC rankings with a dump truck load of salt, as they represent nothing about how a codex is doing all on its own. Anybody who uses tournament stats to rate a codex's capabilities is at best being woefully ignorant.

Edited by shabbadoo