New Space Marines codex and YOU

Neuralshock

As each chapter starts having access to every primaris model, it doez become homogenized. It would not surprise me if the begin putting ALL astartes inside one core codex, with special supplements for each to include the small variations.

As each chapter starts having access to every primaris model, it doez become homogenized. It would not surprise me if the begin putting ALL astartes inside one core codex, with special supplements for each to include the small variations.

That was actualy what i hoped was happening with the new Codex and Supplements. One Codex for everybody with a Supplement for the Chapter specific things.

I could live with Dark Angels beeing a Supplement.

But well.....hopes and dreams

Now Codex Marines got a Codex 2.0 and a Codex 2.5 in the same time.

Even if we get a new Codex i doubt it will be as powerfull, As the the SM Codex and the Supplement combined.

Basically Ultras and so on have now 2 Codex worth of Stratagems, Relics,....

Edited by domsto

Not sure if it had been adressed by now. But today i discovered that they changed the wl-trait "target priority" from the phobos guys.

It only affects <chapter>-phobos-units in the new codex. 

So there will be no more +1 to hit for inceptors and hellblasters anymore :sad.:.

Edited by Isual

Not sure if it had been adressed by now. But today i discovered that they changed the wl-trait "target priority" from the phobos guys.

It only affects <chapter>-phobos-units in the new codex.

So there will be no more +1 to hit for inceptors and hellblasters anymore :sad.:.

Considering this change was in codex SM and they haven't released any FAQ stating "use these WL traits" I would say follow the index protocol and use the shadowspear rules as they are.

Hey guys

September white dwarf is nothing more then some story a painting page and a special mission someone in the Facebook dark Angels group posted some screen pics

Did they at least tease a date for an updated codex?

I am currently holding off buying intercessors and upgrades in the hope we will be getting a start collecting box like the wolves.

Im holding off on buying anything, except older kits. I am waiting to see what new units might be released with the new updated codex. Specially with regards to Primaris versions of unique DA models and units (Primaris Darkshrouds, terminators and bikers,  maybe?)

Hey guys

September white dwarf is nothing more then some story a painting page and a special mission someone in the Facebook dark Angels group posted some screen pics

Ugh, I knew it could be something like this :/ anything new and interesting needs to be painted blue and gold first

Hey guys

Ugh, I knew it could be something like this :/ anything new and interesting needs to be painted blue and gold first

Yeah they are gw poster boys unfortunately

I've seen the pics but they've been taken down already - the group admins are (rightfully) pretty wary of posting copyright material.

There was nicely painted Primaris Greenwing army, a how to paint article for a Deathwing Redemptor Dread, and a Hunt the Fallen mission, with mission specific strategems for both the DA and the Fallen.

However, the most interesting thing I've read so far is that selected Primaris are now part of the Inner Circle, and that Deathwing Primaris exist, utilising "the heaviest types of Mark X armour (so Gravis, presumably) and Repulsers. I should clarify, I didn't get chance to see this myself (it was taken down too quickly) but people are talking about it in the comments section.

Edit: some more info from the comments section:

The Inner Circle decreed that the Apothecarion should put grievously wounded Marines through the Rubicon, to increase the numbers of Primaris they can trust.

Master Balthazar is dead, replaced by Master Lazerus, who after being seriously wounded became the first member of the Inner Circle to cross the Rubicon.

Primaris now serve within both the Deathwing and the Ravenwing.

The reluctance to use DA gene-seed is now gone.

Edit no.2 Here's a link to some of the pics:

https://www.miniwars.eu/2019/09/white-dwarf-angeles-oscuros-primaris.html?fbclid=IwAR0P5TdLNBtdz9VAuK-d6Nn5VgFEnXUl5GVr5kcWj2POwjNVaWJll3ceNsk&m=1

Edited by Spaced Hulk

I've seen the pics but they've been taken down already - the group admins are (rightfully) pretty wary of posting copyright material.

There was nicely painted Primaris Greenwing army, a how to paint article for a Deathwing Redemptor Dread, and a Hunt the Fallen mission, with mission specific strategems for both the DA and the Fallen.

However, the most interesting thing I've read so far is that selected Primaris are now part of the Inner Circle, and that Deathwing Primaris exist, utilising "the heaviest types of Mark X armour (so Gravis, presumably) and Repulsers. I should clarify, I didn't get chance to see this myself (it was taken down too quickly) but people are talking about it in the comments section.

Edit: some more info from the comments section:

The Inner Circle decreed that the Apothecarion should put grievously wounded Marines through the Rubicon, to increase the numbers of Primaris they can trust.

Master Balthazar is dead, replaced by Master Lazerus, who after being seriously wounded became the first member of the Inner Circle to cross the Rubicon.

Primaris now serve within both the Deathwing and the Ravenwing.

The reluctance to use DA gene-seed is now gone.

Edit no.2 Here's a link to some of the pics:

https://www.miniwars.eu/2019/09/white-dwarf-angeles-oscuros-primaris.html?fbclid=IwAR0P5TdLNBtdz9VAuK-d6Nn5VgFEnXUl5GVr5kcWj2POwjNVaWJll3ceNsk&m=1

Nice to see a member of the group on here :P

It was only a matter of time really, the frustrating bit is all this lore could of been in the codex from the beginning. There is nothing earth shattering here really.

Very true, it's also better than nothing

The stratagems for the mission look fantastic, there's one that lets deathwing move D6" after deep strike, one that gives a unit a 4+ FNP for a phase when near an objective, and one that lets a ravenwing unit with a bolter make a single hit roll that halves an enemy movement and subtracts 2 from advance and charge. Sadly, they can only be used in the mission, but if this is the stuff they are thinking of for DA right now I'm super excited for the next version of the codex!

well the WD Article is a huge disappointment. No new Rules, no new Codex, nothing. There are some hard times ahead off us. but not only for us but also for SW and BA.

This 3 Chapters will sooner or later disapear from the Tables as many will change to a Codex Chapter. Dark Angels already had the worst Codex from the Marines and they really needed a huge Update. But it seems as long as you are not Blue GW doesn't care about you.

I will now lay my Dark Angels to sleep and wait for better days