Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine New Releases & Codex 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2413 replies to this topic

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,281 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Well, 2.0 of 8th anyway.

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Animated Trailer.

SMPreOrderPreview-Aug4-Tigurius8qqcjef.j

SMPreOrderPreview-Aug4-Khain15juhvf.jpg

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Invictor2uyjjfeg.j

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Impulsor23hgxe.jpg

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-PhobosLt20hhcr.jpg

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Eliminators22ugdsw

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Infiltrators21jhd.

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-CodexSM3uhhvge.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal, 03 August 2019 - 08:11 PM.

• Henimann, Noserenda, ixzion and 4 others like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,416 posts

Primaris Tigirius and Khan.

Light Dread is actually a piloted exosuit.

Impulsor as the light Primaris APC.

New Marine Codex is for all First Founding Chapters, with them being covered in detail for their unique things with supplements - Ultras and Scars first.

Angels of Death = ATSKNF plus Bolter Discipline plus Shock Assault: +1 A on first round of combat. Will be getting patched into DW, DK, HA.

New Kill Team starter *finally*.

Teaser for Psychic Awakening, which is prob Malign Sorcery IN SPAAAAACE.
  • Noserenda and Quixus like this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
Great stuff on the new rules and some of the units but not really looking forward to having to buy several books instead of one!

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

So they set up the Iron Hands to finally get a named character and have the first character other than Calgar to undergo the Primaris treatment and...

...completely shaft them without a mention so that the Smurfs can get more shine along with the White Scars.

Shocking.

• Majorbookworm likes this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,442 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

White scars are one of the other books as shown in the video, the Psychic awakening seems like endless spells are coming to 40k too which seems cool! All in all pretty nice! 

34625419033_b96a180fe5_o.png

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,920 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Threads merged.

• Noserenda and Naryn like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts

I called Tiggy back after the first blurry pic ;)

Khan looks dope too, I'm glad the Scars are getting some love. I was thinking of converting a WS captain for my Deathwatch but this is perfect.

The new eliminator poses are nice. The warsuit is interesting. It looks better now that we have full photos. The blurry ones made it look a little too spindley.

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
Now they're showing off a White Scars model too. Goodness.

GW must be really into stubbers right now. Got them all over my Admech and Primaris stuff.

Edited by ShibeKing, 03 August 2019 - 08:02 PM.

• Majorbookworm, Subtleknife and Dark Shepherd like this

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,948 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

So much for that 68% chance of the Rubicon working eh? Every bugger seems to be getting the upgrade and coming out fine...

• Guzzlrr, Bryan Blaire and Volt like this

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                                                                                                                              30k:

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra': 18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions;

Geno One-Four-One Akkad; Dominion of Thedas 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland; 901st Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

40k:

Maelstrom Warders: Astral Claws 5th Company; 83rd Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Sol Wardens(SM); Steel Wolves [Brotherhood of the Steel-Eyed-Wolf of the Ordu of Jaghatai](SM); Dorn's Sentinels; Crimson Saints(BA); Void Angels(DA)

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 541st Infantry Regiement; 317th Mechanised Regiment; 265th Tempestus Scion Airborne Company

Deathwatch: Watch Fortress Keep Extremis     Grey Knights: Task Force Urbanae     Adeptus Mechanicus: Forge Fiefdom Vito

Adeptus Custodes: Sodality Beneficiarius     Adepta Sororitas: Order of the Amethyst Tower     Knight House: House Cousland

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights     Aeldari: Craftworld Mor-Righian     Genesteeler Cult: Disciples of the Benevolent Dawn

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
I was hoping for the tank to be less... busy? But the exosuit and tank both seem to continue the primaris design cue of "stick everything on it, that'll be cool". Which really detracts from the model for me.
  • Noserenda, Master Commander Ajax, Interrogator Stobz and 9 others like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,416 posts
Eh, these are reveals. We already know about the IH character so I wouldn’t have expected to see him here. But we know that the IH are getting a book of their own now.

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,112 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Hmmm, why do I get the feeling like I’v seen that Dreadnought before?

Avatar-AMP-Mech-Suit-Colonel-Miles-Quari

• ThatOneMarshal likes this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

I hate seeing the Iron Hands completely ignored after the Feirros reveal three months ago.

BUT on the upside if they're doing White Scars, they've got to be releasing Primaris bikes.

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,509 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

I'm interested to see how the supplements roll out. It reminds me of bolt action. One main rule book and then specific books for the faction/play style you want to roll with. I'm hoping this helps to provide more flavor to the marine armies.

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts
If they are going down the supplement route then it could mean an iron hands specific supplement with him in it. I'm hoping now for a Dark Angel's supplement with Azrael Primaris.
  • Subtleknife and HandsWithLegs like this

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,071 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

Huh, look at that, I actually like everything in this announcement!

• Helias Tancred and Subtleknife like this

Open for Miniature and Fluff commissions; inquire via PM

Instagram Handle: count.hodo

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,281 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Hmmm, why do I get the feeling like I’v seen that Dreadnought before?

Honestly, it feels like it would fit the Guard a lot more for that reason. I know we've already had the Baby Carrier Dreadknight, but it doesn't help the cockpit looks like a Sentinel's either.

• coabeous likes this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

If they are going down the supplement route then it could mean an iron hands specific supplement with him in it. I'm hoping now for a Dark Angel's supplement with Azrael Primaris.

I don't think there's any doubt of that - it's just that the Iron Hands obviously won't be in the first wave with the Ultramarines and White Scars.

• Subtleknife likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,864 posts
Interesting they have gone back to the model of master SM codex books with supplements for other specific chapters.

Really not sure about the Invictor. An otherwise cool dreadnought model that is ruined by having an awkward looking pilot in the centre.

The Impulsor is genuinely cool, a flying rhino for sure, very nice design. Nicer than the Repulsor. Still find low tech stubbers on an SM vehicle weird, but it’s a nice design.

The other Primaris units are just standard kit versions of the shadowspear stuff, so nothing there to comment on really, other than I am amused that the Infiltrators are all squatting :lol:

The Primaris Kor’sarro Khan is inferior to the old model imo.

Tigurius is ok I guess. Is head is weird though, and is pose is not very natural. IIRC he was in a bad way after Vigilus, so he probably got rubiconed to save his life like the mentor marine in ADBs latest novel.

Edited by Robbienw, 03 August 2019 - 08:09 PM.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,054 posts

I hate seeing the Iron Hands completely ignored after the Feirros reveal three months ago.

BUT on the upside if they're doing White Scars, they've got to be releasing Primaris bikes.

Studio Previews are for announcements. As in showing things that haven't been announced and shown already. I'm sure the Iron Hands Techmarine will show up with this release, what with the Chapter-specific supplements and all. They just didn't announce him because, well, they already did.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 August 2019 - 08:08 PM.

• Guzzlrr and Captain Taelos like this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

Well, 2.0 of 8th anyway.

Animated Trailer.

SMPreOrderPreview-Aug4-Tigurius8qqcjef.j

...and a FINE generic Chief Librarian he'll make once you get rid of all the toilet seats.

• Vanger likes this

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,361 posts
  • Faction: Da Bears

I like everything but nothing screams "love".  

Decent start though.

"Never die easy."

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 357 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors

Hah, looks like we all tried to post the news at once. I'll post in this topic since it looks to be the earliest. Khan and Tigurius' new models both look great, the Khan especially is a fantastic update on an older miniature.

I'm not sure how I feel about the rollcage dreadnought. On the one hand, I love the gun and melee weapon arms, but the torso and the EVA style handheld heavy bolter don't really do anything for me. I can't see myself taking this model, although I love the idea of a stealthy dread to go with my Infiltrators. Could be a good opportunity for a Redemptor conversion instead.

The new transport is gorgeous, but I expect I'll be converting a tracked version of it. Not sure how I feel about the mini turret, might leave that off and turn the mounting point into another hatch or similar. Looks like the Rhino style update I've been craving.

The Reaver Primaris Lieutenant is a snooze for me, but I'm sure plenty will find a use for him.

There's also these presumably multi-part Eliminators:

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Eliminators22ugdsw

which I quite like, although I'm dying to see what the las-fusils end up being. Will definitely add some of these to my force.

Finally we have multi part infiltrators:

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-Infiltrators21jhd.

Which looks to have a new unit option with echoes of the Heresy Master of Signals. Seems like lots of fun bits to play around with here.

Finally, there's Shock Assault, confirmed as coming to all Marine factions including Grey Knights, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, and Death Guard. Big win for all factions IMO, and starting to be a step closer to the intimidating marines seen in the lore.

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-ShockAssault1uhche

All in all looks like a great set of releases, can't wait to pick some of these up and play with them on the field. My enthusiasm for my marines has been waning, but this has reinvigorated some interest.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

Uh, you know what Studio Previews are for, right? Announcements and previews. As in showing things that haven't been announced and shown already? I'm sure the Iron Hands Techmarine will show up with this release, what with the Chapter-specific supplements and all. They just didn't announce him because, well, they already did.

Did you watch the trailer? Unless they're being deceptive for some reason, t'll just be Ultramarines and White Scars in the first wave.

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
> Psychic Awakening

So this will be 40k equivalent of Endless Spells, I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users