Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine New Releases & Codex 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2413 replies to this topic

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts
Shock Assault combined with Khorne Bezerkers is going to be hilarious. Glad they're ensuring our Heretic counterparts get that rule too.
  • Iron Father Ferrum, Trevak Dal, Volt and 1 other like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts
6 supplements, 2 known. Are DA, BA & SW some of the others? If so that leaves 1?

The lore on the warsuit makes me laugh; stealth Dreadnought!

And yeah, what’s with all the stubbers?!

Nothing has wowed me in the reveal. It’s good stuff, it’s just not blown my socks off as I was hoping.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,887 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
I really like Kor’sarro Khan.

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Looks like the Scars are getting an upgrade sprue, judging by the trailer.
  • Zebulon and BadgersinHills like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

I'm glad that CSM got the upgrade as well!

• Guzzlrr, Iron Father Ferrum, Juggernut and 3 others like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
So much to like but the walker is silly. Stoked for Supplement White Scars and Salamanders!

Kasaro Khan looks a bit similar to the 30k Praetor though. Still badass.
  • Guzzlrr likes this

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 216 posts
  • Faction: IH, SoH, IK

I was waiting for the reveals, and they turned out to be very interesting. At first I wasn't paying to much attention to the Primaris line (I'm all Horus Heresy nowadays), but I like them more with every release.

Interesting but not fully unexpected move with the "one Codex to rule them all" approach. 

I used to be a regular Space Marine, just like you. - but then I took the Horus Heresy in the knee...

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts
Love the two characters a lot, will be getting these.

The grav rhino thingy looks ok, but why all those stubbers...

The power loader mech looks... well meh. Again with the stubbers.

The new codex and sups sound interesting, will be seeing how it pans out and how much each sup costs.
  • Guzzlrr likes this

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,362 posts
  • Faction: Da Bears

Good conversion fodder for Ork players that new walker for some Killa Kans.

• mithrilforge likes this

"Never die easy."

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts
Psychic Awakenings voice over talks about faith, so I’d guess the Sisters launch will be a major part of it.
  • Brother-serpent Tylydox, Lord Nord and Dark Shepherd like this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
I like some of the design elements but overall the models don’t do much for me, pretty much the same reaction I’ve had to all the Primaris stuff so far.
  • Mostwanted, Zebulon and BlueBiscuit Raider like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 747 posts

I totally missed it - the Dreadnought / Invictor has a sidearm. Nice.

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 324 posts

I want it all now.

• Emicus likes this

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 369 posts
The shock assault with Reivers could be nuts as well. With combat blades a squad of 10 gets what, 40 odd attacks?!

I'm liking it for my Ravenwing personally as well.
  • HandsWithLegs likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts

Psychic Awakenings voice over talks about faith, so I’d guess the Sisters launch will be a major part of it.

Probably. If psykers and witches are on the rise, the Sisters will be busy with bolt and flame.
  • matcap86 likes this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts
I'm intrigued by the chosen path. I just hope these planned supplements won't be limited to just first founding... I obviously have a dog in the race that everyone with their own chapter tactics get one....

Now this feels like phobos line has gotten to their logical end point and maybe the next wave can give us a heavy lineup... Hopefully sooner than in another 2 years.
  • Dracos likes this

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,583 posts

im not a big fan of most primaris stuff even the grave rhino has too many guns but that walker i laughed out loud in joy at that, im getting one of them on day one for sure.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,002 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Honestly, this was a really great reveal and I enjoyed it.  

This for me was honestly the best part though:

"That’s not even all – Codex: Space Marines also has extensive rules for Successor Chapter Tactics to support the creation of your own Chapter of Space Marines. Whether you’ve always had a particular theme in mind for your Chapter that you’d like to represent on the battlefield, or simply wish to enhance your favoured play style, you can be your own Chapter Master. Simply pick two Successor Tactics from the long list of awesome choices included in the codex and you’re good to go!"

This was the fourth edition codex and even though I never got to play it (started warhammer when 5th dropped) I've always thought it was the best idea for any codex they've done.

• Dosjetka, Bryan Blaire, ThatOneMarshal and 1 other like this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Wait, they nerfed the +1A for WE but now they un-nerfed it for all marines?

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

6 supplements, 2 known. Are DA, BA & SW some of the others? If so that leaves 1?

Considering the supplements are for Codex: Space Marines, I'm going to guess that Space Wolves and Dark Angels won't be part of them. So that makes it Ultramarines, White Scars, Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels Iron Hands*, and Raven Guard.

* Edited, got confused while listing the main Chapters.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 August 2019 - 08:46 PM.

• evilhomer, Vanger and Dosjetka like this

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,283 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

This for me was honestly the best part though:

"That’s not even all – Codex: Space Marines also has extensive rules for Successor Chapter Tactics to support the creation of your own Chapter of Space Marines. Whether you’ve always had a particular theme in mind for your Chapter that you’d like to represent on the battlefield, or simply wish to enhance your favoured play style, you can be your own Chapter Master. Simply pick two Successor Tactics from the long list of awesome choices included in the codex and you’re good to go!"

This was the fourth edition codex and even though I never got to play it (started warhammer when 5th dropped) I've always thought it was the best idea for any codex they've done.

Yes, I agree. This is freaking brilliant. Especially added to the fact that every first Founding gets a different supplement.

While this won't please the min/max-people, it will surely give us a new view over everything.

I hope every First Founding gets a Primaris Character.

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,927 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Considering the supplements are for Codex: Space Marines, I'm going to guess that Space Wolves and Dark Angels won't be part of them. So that makes it Ultramarines, White Scars, Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, and Raven Guard.
I'd swap Iron Hands for Blood Angels in your list, but yeah.
  • pandion40 likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

Probably. If psykers and witches are on the rise, the Sisters will be busy with bolt and flame.

I'd guess so too. I'm also hoping that a certain sleepy boy in a certain rocky place might be awakened.

Edited by matcap86, 03 August 2019 - 08:26 PM.

• SickSix likes this

Segismundo

Segismundo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts

Shock assault + sword brothers with hammers is... 14.jpg

• Black Blow Fly, Noserenda, jeremy1391 and 4 others like this

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Imperial Knights
I hold judgement until I see what is in the book. Will be interesting to see how the old marines will perform.

Not a fan of Tigurius and the dreadnought.
Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users