Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine New Releases & Codex 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2413 replies to this topic

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

Looks like the Scars are getting an upgrade sprue, judging by the trailer.

Totally, there's an intercessor with a lightning bolt chainsword! TOP KNOTS FOR EVERYONE!

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,227 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Staring at it all a bit more im definitely liking it, but yeah the stubbers are getting silly... Dread is probably my fave though the right arm sucks, maybe something stealthy would have been better? Then he grabs the Bolter to GET LOUD. Or actually, 2 fists with bolters would have been fantastic! 

• Dracos and Black Blow Fly like this

BlueBiscuit Raider

BlueBiscuit Raider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

My first thought is that now flail plague marines roll 2d3 on the charge, which makes it much more viable. Still remains the fact that power armored marines need a survival buff, not another damage one.

As for the models, I don't care much for most Primaris except the basic Intercessors, but the Eliminators look nice and the grav Rhino is okay, except for the stubber. Don't really care for the mech.

I'm curious about how this format is going to be applied to the other factions going forward: can we expect a CSM codex with Word Bearer or Iron Warriors supplement in the future maybe?

• Doctor Perils likes this

Oxydo

Oxydo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens, XX

The whole "Simply pick two Successor Tactics from the long list of awesome choices included in the codex and you’re good to go!" does seem to indicate that we'll get infantry and vehicle CTs.

• Master Commander Ajax and Mekhitar like this

gallery_96587_15500_15503.pnggallery_96587_15500_2763.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,227 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Watching the Vid again and there are definitely embossed pads on those White scars too. EXCITE :D 

• Black Blow Fly likes this

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,394 posts

Largish reveal, but not totally unexpected.

Khan getting the Calgarian Rites is a little unexpected - but I suppose GW have a bit of a sticky wicket regarding named characters and the Rubicon process. Make everyone a Primaris, and people will complain that these characters have massive plot armour and the chances of failing the Rubicon are negligible. Kill a character during the process, you upset existing customers. Leave a character in their non-Primaris state and then complaints will be that their favourite character doesn't get a new model. 

Those are definitely White Scars sculpted shoulder pads in the main trailer, about 1:17 into the trailer you can see them to the left of Khan - it's blurry, but that's definitely sculpted and not transfers / painting.

Not sure I'm liking the direction of codex supplements, as we're getting back into the habit of having multiple books to play a list. Main rule book, main codex, chapter approved, Vigilus (optional if you want some of the funky detachments) and now codex supplement and possibly some 40k version of Malign Sorcery? Thats's a lot to keep track of. With regards to the number of codex supplements I figured the 5 would be the other first-founding Chapters not already covered; White Scars, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Iron Hands and Imperial Fists (plus Crimson Fists and Black Templars as prominent successor chapters). I think the Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves won't get Supplements and will simply remain stand-alone codices. 

• Felix Antipodes, Noserenda and Biscuittzz like this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Kenzaburo

Kenzaburo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

Now here's something I wonder: With the wolves usually using troop types kinda unrelated to the standard Codex SM, how can all units within 2.0 used by the wolves? Does that mean Tac squads for them? Apothecarys? Or is CSM only covering Primaris? So that heritage units will be in the supplement and restrict access?

From a first look I kinda don't feel the new models. The transport bugs me with its lack of tracks and ridiculous gun clusters. The snipers, well, the guy on the left will have trouble with bending his left leg to 90 degrees, the armour is already locking up in the knee joint. 

I don't know, I'm just not feeling these. And I miss tracked tanks and old unit types. But this might just be me. Maybe I'll cope with it at some point. :)

• Pork Chop Express and Sea-People like this

Visit my painter profile on Instagram: https://www.instagra...gfused.painter/

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png gallery_48988_15465_5251.png gallery_48988_16045_16337.png

My Titanicus Plog  My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,887 posts

so Supplements are likely

codex 2.0

- Ultras

- Raven Gaurd

- Salamanders

- Iron Hands

- White scars

- imperial fists

I honestly hope the DA, BA, and WOLVES

get  an updated dex soon. especially the wolves.

I LOVE the Impulsor absolutely love it.

Invictor looks OK. wont get them for wolves unless it can take a blizzard shield

so psyche awakening is lorgar?

banana

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,678 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Everything except the dreadnaught is cool.
  • Juggernut and Verux like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

dienekes96

dienekes96

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
  • Faction: 13th Company - Modi's Warpack
I hope the Black Templars get a supplement and a plastic Primaris Emperor’s Champion.
  • Dracos, templargdt, Amadeo and 1 other like this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,887 posts

I think its ok, I hope the grey knights get access to it.

A field of These + Dreadknights is gonna be fun

banana

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,523 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

We’ll have more on these units over the coming weeks, so stay tuned

Please just mean the week up to the preorder and the week up to full release. No dragging out the pre order, or anything else like what happened with the death guard
  • Nusquam and Dark Shepherd like this

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts

Well, 2.0 of 8th anyway.

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Animated Trailer.

SMPreOrderPreview-Aug4-Tigurius8qqcjef.j

...and a FINE generic Chief Librarian he'll make once you get rid of all the toilet seats.

Interesting that both Tigurius and the Shadowspear Librarian have leather gloves. Maybe a new stylized choice for Marine psykers? As if the armor interferes with psychic powers? I know the first Primaris Librarian has gauntlets but he came out two years ago.
  • Redcomet likes this

Boldthreat

Boldthreat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
I think this is great so far. Love that codex cover. I love the build your own successor chapter stuff. I hope we don’t have to wait for the other supplements too long.

I want to like that exo suit thing. If the kit comes with options to cover up the exposed pilot that would make me like it more. But someone will help in that regard if GW doesn’t. The armored coffin of the Redemptor dread would make me like it more.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Old-Four-Arms

Old-Four-Arms

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

At 50 seconds in the Codex clip, artwork of an Impulsor with a missile turret...

Edit : in the front of that same image, it looks as if the Impulsor is at least partially open-topped (between the engine pods).

Edited by Old-Four-Arms, 03 August 2019 - 08:46 PM.

• Vanger, Triszin and Redcomet like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

I'd swap Iron Hands for Blood Angels in your list, but yeah.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant. I got my wires crossed while thinking about the main Chapters.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 August 2019 - 08:47 PM.

• Brother Casman likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts

My first thought is that now flail plague marines roll 2d3 on the charge, which makes it much more viable. Still remains the fact that power armored marines need a survival buff, not another damage one.

As for the models, I don't care much for most Primaris except the basic Intercessors, but the Eliminators look nice and the grav Rhino is okay, except for the stubber. Don't really care for the mech.

I'm curious about how this format is going to be applied to the other factions going forward: can we expect a CSM codex with Word Bearer or Iron Warriors supplement in the future maybe?

Well all the codexes are out, so supplements could be a good way to introduce new models.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts
I believe Phil Kelly said (maybe on WTV?) that the 68% chance in the Rubicon was for the first try (Calgar) and AdMech would learn with each one, so it becomes less risky.

In one of the videos, the Implusor is shown in artwork and the turret doesn’t appear to have the stubbers, they look more like missiles. Might just be artistic licence, but could have options in the kit.
  • Captain Taelos likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts

Warsuit, not dreadnought :D

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Now here's something I wonder: With the wolves usually using troop types kinda unrelated to the standard Codex SM, how can all units within 2.0 used by the wolves? Does that mean Tac squads for them? Apothecarys? Or is CSM only covering Primaris? So that heritage units will be in the supplement and restrict access?

From a first look I kinda don't feel the new models. The transport bugs me with its lack of tracks and ridiculous gun clusters. The snipers, well, the guy on the left will have trouble with bending his left leg to 90 degrees, the armour is already locking up in the knee joint.

I don't know, I'm just not feeling these. And I miss tracked tanks and old unit types. But this might just be me. Maybe I'll cope with it at some point. :)

Yea if we get troop scouts access I’m going to be lolling all the way to the bank.
  • Triszin likes this

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,181 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
“The Space Marines are also set to receive a new codex. Not just any codex, mind, but the best codex we’ve ever made, a tome worthy of Roboute Guilliman himself! First of all, the datasheets included in the book will be available to all the First Founding Chapters and their successors, so whichever Space Marine Chapter(s) hold your allegiance, you’ll be able to use the full spectrum of units available to the Adeptus Astartes – even if you’re a Blood Angels, Space Wolves or Dark Angels player!”

So blood Angels, space wolves and Dark Angels will be able to use cenurions, storm talons etc... that’s a nice little bonus.
  • Black Blow Fly, Brother Ramael, Wraith776 and 2 others like this

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,065 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
This is awesome

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 451 posts

I believe Phil Kelly said (maybe on WTV?) that the 68% chance in the Rubicon was for the first try (Calgar) and AdMech would learn with each one, so it becomes less risky.
In one of the videos, the Implusor is shown in artwork and the turret doesn’t appear to have the stubbers, they look more like missiles. Might just be artistic licence, but could have options in the kit.

I think it will. The Warsuit blurb also says it can function as a heavy weapons platform, so probably options in that kit too, for the arms
  • Black Blow Fly and Burni like this

Marshal Arthur

Marshal Arthur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Assuming the DA, BA, and SW get their own codexes it looks like there's one supplement for each remaining first founding chapter. I assume Templars and Crimson Fists will be rolled into the Fist supplement, which is fine by me. I only hope they eventually make a primaris Templar upgrade kit and some close combat primaris and I'll be good to go.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,887 posts

I don't know, I'm just not feeling these. And I miss tracked tanks and old unit types. But this might just be me. Maybe I'll cope with it at some point. smile.png

Yea if we get troop scouts access I’m going to be lolling all the way to the bank.

shock assualt With Blood claws, and wulfen?, how many attacks

banana

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users