Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine New Releases & Codex 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2413 replies to this topic

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts
If every chapter is getting a supplement and White Scars are getting a upgrade kit, I would think that the Imperial Fist supplement would be when they release the Imperial Fist upgrade as a standalone.

Does this mean that the others are getting upgrad sets as well?

Ultramarines and Fists already have theirs, White Scars are getting one. I hope a Iron Hands one will have at least a couple bionic bits.

Probably only be like the others and be the pads, a couple heads, a chest, and a couple weapons.

Is love a generic bionic kit to be hot. With the way Primaris legs are made a simple left or right leg swap would be easy, just replace the non bionic leg (or both) with the bionic part.
  • Captain Smashy Pants and Redcomet like this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,182 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

At 1:20 and 1:18 in this vid https://www.youtube....h?v=1i1Ak1pKhfQ

you can make out some of the WS upgrade kit bits:

• Heads for the belts
  • Curved Chainsword with Chapter Iconography
  • Bolt Pistol Hand
  • Head with bionics

• Black Blow Fly, Vanger, Bryan Blaire and 2 others like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts

My apologies if someone else has brought this up, these threads get crowded really fast.

It has been brought to my attention that we should keep a close eye on whether Guilliman and other Chapter-specific characters are in the Codex or just in their respective Supplements. If they were only in the Supplements, that could make them the perfect way to introduce characters, units, and yes, even Primarchs to specific Chapters without having to make a whole new Codex, but just a Supplement instead.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 August 2019 - 08:56 PM.

• Felix Antipodes, Wolf Guard Dan, Bryan Blaire and 5 others like this

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 622 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
Looks good, but I personally don't like all the stubbers on Marine kits, so I hope there are alternatives. I'd assumed it'd be the new autocannons on the dread at least.

And the rules seem to be getting fragmented again between books and updates. Codexes become scrapbooks.
I'm all for updating rules, but we're so overdue having a single consolidated and updated digital source of unit entries.
  • Redcomet likes this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
I have one hope for the new codex: give Primaris access to some sort of drop-pod. New model or the old one, I’m not fussy but SM need to be in drop-pods!!

If they do that, I’ll buy whatever they want me to and I’ll do it with a smile.
  • jeremy1391 and Lord Nord like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,707 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Instead of the Master Codex and Chapter Specific Indexes the Master Codex and Chapter Specific supplement book will keep the lore sections intact. Probably expanded on significantly as well.
  • jeremy1391, Doctor Perils and Redcomet like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 500 posts

Instead of the Master Codex and Chapter Specific Indexes the Master Codex and Chapter Specific supplement book will keep the lore sections intact. Probably expanded on significantly as well.

The potential for more lore, art and mini photos is what will be the main draw for me. Whatever they put in there rules wise is just a bonus.
  • Felix Antipodes likes this

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts

My apologies if someone else has brought this up, these threads get crowded really fast.

It has been brought to my attention that we should keep a close eye on whether Guilliman and other Chapter-specific characters are in the Codex or just in their respective Supplements. If they were only in the Supplements, that could make them the perfect way to introduce characters, units, and yes, even Primarchs to specific Chapters without having to make a whole new Codex, but just a Supplement instead.

It goes both ways too. If they release a wave like vanguard for everyone than they can release a new codex space marines, and those supplements aren't affected. I really think space wolves, blood angels, and dark angels will become supplements, and as a space wolf player I'm fine with that.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Messor

Messor

++ PROCREATOR COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,235 posts
  • Faction: Cold Fire Coalition

I'm very curious and tentatively excited about the references they mad to rules geared towards homebrew successors. I'm loving most of the new models, too. Makes me all the more eager to get back to an Astartes army.

• Black Blow Fly and Dosjetka like this

gallery_26154_15777_721.png

The Liber; it's like a Biscopea for DIYs!

Messor's Content

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,830 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

A White Scars supplement ahead of the rest does make me think we're not seeing Primaris (Jet(Bikes for a while.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,800 posts

THIS IS AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! The new carrier walker is SEX, everytime I kill with it I'm going to shout, 'GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!'

• G8Keeper, Dracos, Black Blow Fly and 7 others like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 404 posts

THIS IS AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! The new carrier walker is SEX, everytime I kill with it I'm going to shout, 'GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!'

This works perfect for you as yours will be painted Yellow!
  • Doctor Perils and Chapter Master Valrak like this

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,991 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The Reaver LT and Eliminators are peachy. The DreadBud Lite is a joke. If here had additional protection of the sarcophagus, cool. Exposed power armour? Please. Thought the sidearm HB is neat.

They seem to be slowly primarizing all named characters. If Calgar was 68% and AdMech are making the process more stable as they go, we can expect it being foolproof down the line and all named Marines going Primaris aside from stubborn holdouts. Tigurius and Khan are a surprise, if there's a Marine that deserves the freaking dibs on the process, it's Pedro bloody fistin' Kantor.

I think this is the way they "primarize everything" and yet eat their cake and have it, too. Firstborn are already labeled with that "cool name", so they won't be left in the dust. They're legacy Marines now though. The new stuff will be mostly Primaris with the odd bit here and there for Firstborn. Maybe two lines alongside as the production and tooling capabilities of GW are growing hugely now?

I love the "kitbash your Successor Chapter rules" thing. I hope that these are a decent fit and that once Templars get their book for their units (+ Primaris Emperor's Champion WHEN!? +), they will be allowed to choose between whatever CT they get officially and what you've bashed yourself (I don't believe in GW doing justice to BT anymore).

• templargdt, redmapa and Silas7 like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts

It goes both ways too. If they release a wave like vanguard for everyone than they can release a new codex space marines, and those supplements aren't affected. I really think space wolves, blood angels, and dark angels will become supplements, and as a space wolf player I'm fine with that.

There are six supplements coming out for the Space Marines Codex. There are six main chapters in that Codex, as the others have Codices of their own. So to think that the Chapters that already have their own books will get Supplements with this release is a bit silly. It makes more sense that the Chapters in the Codex will be the ones getting the extra attention.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 August 2019 - 09:19 PM.

• Vanger likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts
I'm hoping that the imperial fists get a character model along with a supplement, given we already know there are iron hand, white scar and ultramarine characters coming. If it's a recurring character, given the la k of primaris terminator, I vote tor garadon
  • Pork Chop Express likes this

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

If here had additional protection of the sarcophagus, cool. Exposed power armour? Please. 

There is no sarcophagus because the operator of the Invictus is not a gravely wounded/near death Marine but a normal Marine.

• Black Blow Fly, Noserenda and Messor like this

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

I still think GW left the Mark 9 power armor variant in order to represent upgrade old marines as some sort of bridge between the two eras and the fact we have yet to see a Veteran unit plus the idea of Primaris being closer to legion structure does lend to the idea of a Tactical Squad being a Veteran unit as opposed to a grunt.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Minotaurs supplement righttttt
  • CaptainMarsh and m0nolith like this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

I still think GW left the Mark 9 power armor variant in order to represent upgrade old marines as some sort of bridge between the two eras and the fact we have yet to see a Veteran unit plus the idea of Primaris being closer to legion structure does lend to the idea of a Tactical Squad being a Veteran unit as opposed to a grunt.

That’s what I think as well. I really hope it looks like something closer to the classic mk7 armour instead of the mk4 which mk10 takes a lot from.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,707 posts
I know it’s heretical but endless spells in space will be freaking cool. You know it’s going to include a Legion of the Damned firetide or something.

Six Supplements:
White Scars
Ultramarines
Salamanders
Imperial Fists
Raven Guard
Iron Hands

Is enough marine releases to fill a years worth of revenue. If they go two at a time, I bet they finish by Christmas.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 03 August 2019 - 09:27 PM.

• Subtleknife likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos

i hope that it's not just one character for every supplement - would love to see primaris pedro kantor, lysander, Grimaldus, Helbrecht and an Emperor's champion. additional characters for white scars, raven guard, salamanders and iron hands would also be welcome, but im not holding my breath. and, if im allowed to dream, unique primaris units like sword brethren would knock it out of the park. they did it for ultramarine honour guard, so there's no reason they can't do it for other chapters

• Felix Antipodes, Pork Chop Express and zarkkarn like this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,707 posts

i hope that it's not just one character for every supplement - would love to see primaris pedro kantor, lysander, Grimaldus, Helbrecht and an Emperor's champion. additional characters for white scars, raven guard, salamanders and iron hands would also be welcome, but im not holding my breath. and, if im allowed to dream, unique primaris units like sword brethren would knock it out of the park. they did it for ultramarine honour guard, so there's no reason they can't do it for other chapters

Templars aren’t getting a supplement. At least at first.

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
Okay, my guess, each Chapter expansion book will be alongside Upgrade Sprues. We have the Big 4 available now, plus we have seen the Imperial Fists and now White Scars ones. Hand Flamer on the Salamanders one? With a Iron Hands character, I bet we get one for them too. So that makes me think all of them will have one, I just hope BT get one, and that the unique units will include Primaris Crusaders.
  • zarkkarn likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,707 posts

Okay, my guess, each Chapter expansion book will be alongside Upgrade Sprues. We have the Big 4 available now, plus we have seen the Imperial Fists and now White Scars ones. Hand Flamer on the Salamanders one? With a Iron Hands character, I bet we get one for them too. So that makes me think all of them will have one, I just hope BT get one, and that the unique units will include Primaris Crusaders.

That will probably come after 8th Edition 2.0 with the Sacrosanct Chamber analogue

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

The Reaver LT and Eliminators are peachy. The DreadBud Lite is a joke. If here had additional protection of the sarcophagus, cool. Exposed power armour? Please. Thought the sidearm HB is neat.

They seem to be slowly primarizing all named characters. If Calgar was 68% and AdMech are making the process more stable as they go, we can expect it being foolproof down the line and all named Marines going Primaris aside from stubborn holdouts. Tigurius and Khan are a surprise, if there's a Marine that deserves the freaking dibs on the process, it's Pedro bloody fistin' Kantor.

I think this is the way they "primarize everything" and yet eat their cake and have it, too. Firstborn are already labeled with that "cool name", so they won't be left in the dust. They're legacy Marines now though. The new stuff will be mostly Primaris with the odd bit here and there for Firstborn. Maybe two lines alongside as the production and tooling capabilities of GW are growing hugely now?

I love the "kitbash your Successor Chapter rules" thing. I hope that these are a decent fit and that once Templars get their book for their units (+ Primaris Emperor's Champion WHEN!? +), they will be allowed to choose between whatever CT they get officially and what you've bashed yourself (I don't believe in GW doing justice to BT anymore).

I actually like the scout dreadnought.  Regardless I have huge hopes for the custom chapter tactics since GW seems utterly in capable of doing Black Templars correctly IMHO.

• Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Sons Of Dorn VII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users