Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine New Releases & Codex 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2413 replies to this topic

Kriegsmacht

Kriegsmacht

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,611 posts

The Marines look neat but that walker makes me think someone in the design department was watching Matrix revolution a little too much. Neat idea for a walker though in this setting.

The flesh is weak but Twinkies are forever...

Burn the Heretic, the witch, the mutant in the name of oooo cake!

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,107 posts

It goes both ways too. If they release a wave like vanguard for everyone than they can release a new codex space marines, and those supplements aren't affected. I really think space wolves, blood angels, and dark angels will become supplements, and as a space wolf player I'm fine with that.

There are six supplements coming out for the Space Marines Codex. There are six main chapters in that Codex, as the others have Codices of their own. So to think that the Chapters that already have their own books will get Supplements with this release is a bit silly. It makes more sense that the Chapters in the Codex will be the ones getting the extra attention.

I just don't understand why they'd say that all the units in the book would be available to all the first foundings and then mention those three by name if they weren't being included in the process. I don't think it will be limited to the six either black templars should have their own.

My point of view is that there are a lot of units in there that I don't have access too, its very likely that my existing codex becomes the supplement (basically I'm allowed to use everything in my codex that isn't in the new marine book), and we get a release down the road but I think its a matter a of time before we become one.

• Doctor Perils likes this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,828 posts

So are we saying one Primaris Character for each supplement?

White Scars -  Kor’sarro Khan
Ultramarines - Chief Librarian Tigurius
Salamanders - ?
Imperial Fists - Lysander?
Raven Guard - ?
Iron Hands - Iron Father?

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
I don’t think the number of Codex Supplements in the stack is meant to be representative and limiting to only the First Foundings without their own books currently. If they were it should show the Ultramarines and White Scars, then 4 redacted ones.

As a BA and SW player I’m A-OK with them becoming supplements.
  • FlamingDeth likes this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,485 posts

I much prefer the new Tigurius model is a massive improvement over the most recent model with his face peering out from a toilet bowl, the Primaris on has a pretty nice face sculpt. If this new warsuit can sneak about in the game rules when things like Eldar Wraithlords cannot I'll be fairly bemused by it.

That new Khan model is fairly impressive and I am glad the White Scars get some love.

• Ishagu likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,106 posts

White Scars - Kor’sarro Khan
Ultramarines - Chief Librarian Tigurius
Salamanders - ?
Raven Guard - ?

Salamanders: he'stan
Raven gaurd: shrike
  • Dracos and Nusquam like this
banana

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
It would be neat to get a more in-depth black templars supplement later down the road with the next wave of (hopefully close combat focused) primaris and perhaps Dorn?
  • Red_Shift likes this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,045 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens, Black Templars

White Scars - Kor’sarro Khan
Ultramarines - Chief Librarian Tigurius
Salamanders - ?
Raven Guard - ?

Salamanders: he'stan
Raven gaurd: shrike

Almost certainly.

• Zebulon likes this
1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg Sons Of Dorn VII

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,848 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
There is no way to translate Shrike to Primaris since they don’t have assault marines. It would also be pretty silly to mark an inceptor or suppressor Shrike given that Primaris have zero assault units beyond reivers and flamer aggressors.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 03 August 2019 - 09:51 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
Can't wait to see he'stan in some hulking gravis armour tbh
  • Doctor Perils likes this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,032 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

There is no sarcophagus because the operator of the Invictus is not a gravely wounded/near death Marine but a normal Marine.

The sarcophagus is literally there, it's the whole torso. The Marine is placed in the space normally occupied by the tank with the crippled Marine in it, which is normally enclosed with ceramite. This guys is wearing one of the lighter forms of the armour (Infiltrator) and is really high and completely exposed, which is utterly ridiculous. What is he actually protected by since he can't use cover in that huge thing? Those bumpers and a prayer?

Why not give him the same kind of plate that would enclose that same chassis? There's no "coffin", there's a Marine that can exit the machine, but why lose the protection?

2iGtawH.jpg

It's just as ridiculous as this old dumb thing:

01.jpg

• totgeboren, Leif Bearclaw, Majorbookworm and 3 others like this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,470 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Chapter Master shrike would be fine, after all, hes a Chapter master he can wear what he wants. There are no Primaris troops using the Gauntlets of Macragge after all lol

• Nusquam likes this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

Okay, my guess, each Chapter expansion book will be alongside Upgrade Sprues. We have the Big 4 available now, plus we have seen the Imperial Fists and now White Scars ones. Hand Flamer on the Salamanders one? With a Iron Hands character, I bet we get one for them too. So that makes me think all of them will have one, I just hope BT get one, and that the unique units will include Primaris Crusaders.

I think Black Templars will definitely get one at some point, if not during the initial wave then very soon after.

Looking back, it seems like the Index Astartes articles in White Dwarf were consciously coordinated to feature chapters that would not be getting the supplement treatment. I thought it was bizarre to do the Crimson Fists ahead of the other non-Smurf Codex Space Marine chapters, and then I REALLY thought it was bizarre when the next chapter they did was the Blood Ravens, but now it looks like they knew there was no need to flesh out the First Founding chapters as they'd be getting their own supplements soon.

They also haven't featured Black Templars in the Index Astartes yet, so in light of the above, you may take that as a positive sign.

Edited by Lord Nord, 03 August 2019 - 10:00 PM.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,045 posts

It would be neat to get a more in-depth black templars supplement later down the road with the next wave of (hopefully close combat focused) primaris and perhaps Dorn?

It would but I wouldn't count on it.  I'm really hoping for some Black Templars (and I guess Crimson Fists) love in the Imperial Fists book, but I doubt it.

• Brother Chaplain Ryld likes this

Oxydo

Oxydo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens, XX

I'm hoping the supplement allows us to get 1-3 unique variations of generic units for each Chapter, kinda like tyrannic war veterans. White scars getting biker veterans or bikers as troops for instance.

gallery_96587_15500_15503.pnggallery_96587_15500_2763.png

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,616 posts

It goes both ways too. If they release a wave like vanguard for everyone than they can release a new codex space marines, and those supplements aren't affected. I really think space wolves, blood angels, and dark angels will become supplements, and as a space wolf player I'm fine with that.

There are six supplements coming out for the Space Marines Codex. There are six main chapters in that Codex, as the others have Codices of their own. So to think that the Chapters that already have their own books will get Supplements with this release is a bit silly. It makes more sense that the Chapters in the Codex will be the ones getting the extra attention.

How? huh.png They really should just roll everyone into supplements, after all, it worked pretty well for HH and no one complained. Hay, DA and BA already are Codex chapters, you can frankly fit them in the same size book as UM or IF no problems. 

One thing I am puzzled about though, why GW hid the 6 supplement books? Guessing what they should be is trivial, is there a curveball in there?

I just don't understand why they'd say that all the units in the book would be available to all the first foundings and then mention those three by name if they weren't being included in the process. I don't think it will be limited to the six either black templars should have their own.

Why? Templars have what, a grand total of 3 unique units? Honestly, I don't see why they can't be rolled into IF book, simply make Emperor's Champion available to all IF successors (after all, original EC was IF and all IF descendants send their champions to duel feast), rename IF melee veterans to Sword Brethren (again, they were IF unit originally), and done, you can fit the two BT characters and melee focused rules on one page in IF supplement, that's about the whole extent of what they had before and it would help IF gain a bit of unique identity as well...

• Felix Antipodes and Lord Marshal like this

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,045 posts

There is no way to translate Shrike to Primaris since they don’t have assault marines. It would also be pretty silly to mark an inceptor or suppressor Shrike given that Primaris have zero assault units beyond reivers and flamer aggressors.

Doesn't matter.  They'll stick him in that ridiculous looking primaris jump armor and let him keep the Raven's Talons.  

• Silas7 likes this

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

The Marines look neat but that walker makes me think someone in the design department was watching Matrix revolution a little too much. Neat idea for a walker though in this setting.

I love it. It's a dreadnaught that infiltrates(great) and looks like the cargo loader from aliens(even better). I'm getting at least a couple.

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,828 posts

Did anyone else notice White Scar chain sword? Maybe the founding Chapters will be getting an upgrade kit similar to what the Fists got?

EBFCQ2uWkAA122F.jpg

Edited by LordValrak, 03 August 2019 - 10:09 PM.

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,807 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Vehicle CT almost certainly confirmed.

Don't say I didn't tell you all well in advance 🙂

Also let's not call it codex 2.0. This is clearly not following the chaos Template which was very much a v2 update.

Edited by Ishagu, 03 August 2019 - 10:11 PM.

• Biscuittzz, Silas7, Oxydo and 1 other like this

-~Ishagu~-

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,107 posts
@Irbis - Cause templers have a lot of fluff, they have a large following, and because their options are limited (you notice it says all first foundings can use every unit). They should have a bit more to compensate for that.

Edited by Black_Star, 03 August 2019 - 10:10 PM.

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts
I always enjoy reading your posts, Ishagu. But you throw enough ideas out that eventually you have to be right. :)

Edited by ShibeKing, 03 August 2019 - 10:11 PM.

• mithrilforge, CaptainMarsh, templargdt and 3 others like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts

How? huh.png They really should just roll everyone into supplements, after all, it worked pretty well for HH and no one complained. Hay, DA and BA already are Codex chapters, you can frankly fit them in the same size book as UM or IF no problems. 

One thing I am puzzled about though, why GW hid the 6 supplement books? Guessing what they should be is trivial, is there a curveball in there?

The reality of the situation is that there are 9 main Chapters, of which 3 have their own Codices, and this Codex is getting 6 Supplements. Either the 3 Chapters with their own separate books are the ones not getting a Supplement, or 3 of the 6 Chapters in the Space Marines Codex are getting ignored for no good reason.

As for why they're hiding the Chapters featured in the Supplements, specially when the video already confirms White Scars, I have no idea.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,106 posts
The concept of the war suit is growing on me. A big imperium version of the crisis suit
  • Dracos likes this
banana

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,094 posts

Codex is more-or-less as expected. Curious about the Supplements though.

Psychic Awakening... has a lot of potential. Obviously the story hook of "Humanity has been getting more and more psychic over time" has been around forever, if they finally pull the trigger on that in a big way, it could be really neat. 

Hopefully they let Tzeentch capitalize properly.

• Noserenda, templargdt and Bryan Blaire like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)