Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine New Releases & Codex 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2413 replies to this topic

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts
I can't speak for anyone else, Ishago, but for me it's disappointment from a customer who was planning to buy in big to the second wave of primaris releases and now am likely to hold on to substantially more cash than I intended. The impulsor and executioner had me excited but the walker is just not good.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,966 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I don't love it either, visually, but I certainly don't hate it.
I do really like the rules however - it's a great pressure unit.

It's not something I'm rushing out to buy as I still have quite a few things to get through and I'm much more excited about the Impulsor and Las Fusil Eliminators.
  • Bev'an likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Seriously? Get over yourelves. It's not a Guardsman sitting inside a Sentinel. So this whining about the unprotected pilot makes no sense even in the physics of a 40k universe.

3+ armor save sitting inside a 3+ armor save. Give it a break for the 1000th time we get you don't like Phobos armor. How about we find a more constructive addition to the conversation? 

How the hell is a thick dreadnought plate able to shrug off autocannons the same as power armor which is much thinner and vulnerable to autocannon fire?

"Lore" has always been that land speeders (and rhinos when you could fire from the top hatch) weren't counting as open topped because power armor offers the same protection veichle armor does

So yeah,there is that

Edited by Fenriwolf, 17 August 2019 - 07:24 AM.

• Irbis likes this

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
Looks pretty easy to combine with the redemptor, the inner hull pieces look the only difference for the pilot will have to wait for the kit to try but it’s grown on me a lot more. the swing down glacis piece in lieu of the roll cage could work.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

I can't speak for anyone else, Ishago, but for me it's disappointment from a customer who was planning to buy in big to the second wave of primaris releases and now am likely to hold on to substantially more cash than I intended. The impulsor and executioner had me excited but the walker is just not good.

I am in the same boat. Except I don’t particularly like the hover truck look of the Impulsor.

So far 0£ has left my wallet for this release.
  • Robbienw likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,315 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Moving back to the book, the most interesting aspect for me, lore wise, is the confirmation that Primaris marines who are recruited and trained 'in house' (as opposed to delivered by Cawl) start off their lives as Scouts.

Apparently the ones created by Cawl and trained almost entirely via Hypno-indoctrination were less adaptable than ones who have been trained on the field.
  • Kinstryfe, Machine God, robofish7591 and 1 other like this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 576 posts

I don't know if it has been already mentioned, but did people catch, that Thunderfire cannons are now BS 2+ and the accompanying techmarine is 4 wounds now instead of 2?

Also there is now a "new" unit called Ancient in Terminator Armour?

• CaptainMarsh likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 216 posts
Maybe it was meant to be 11 wounds for being a less armour plated dread but they added 2 on for a living Primaris pilot

Should be a load of other new models in the coming next week preview tomorrow

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,966 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Seriously? Get over yourelves. It's not a Guardsman sitting inside a Sentinel. So this whining about the unprotected pilot makes no sense even in the physics of a 40k universe.

3+ armor save sitting inside a 3+ armor save. Give it a break for the 1000th time we get you don't like Phobos armor. How about we find a more constructive addition to the conversation?

How the hell is a thick dreadnought plate able to shrug off autocannons the same as power armor which is much thinner and vulnerable to autocannon fire?
"Lore" has always been that land speeders (and rhinos when you could fire from the top hatch) weren't counting as open topped because power armor offers the same protection veichle armor does

So yeah,there is that

Yep, that is what the lore always said and I remember it clearly.

I guess people like to pick and chose and ignore whatever isn't convinient for their biased arguments.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,315 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I don't know if it has been already mentioned, but did people catch, that Thunderfire cannons are now BS 2+ and the accompanying techmarine is 4 wounds now instead of 2?

We also lost 'chapter' ancients.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,051 posts

so wait, the only truly new model on preorder this week is the invictor? (along with previously not available on their own characters?)

Pretty sure that utterly dashes any hope of having the grav rhino in time for a late ETL vow ermm.gif

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
So what’s left to release? The Lt, troop box, sniper box and Impulsor?

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 576 posts

We also lost 'chapter' ancients.

Well, they became Company Ancients now.

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,263 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Come, gather around the fireplace...

And so it was, that the coveted release of the Space Marine Codex 2.0 had come. People rejoiced, gnashed their teeth, jumped up and down, and ate candy.

https://www.games-workshop.com/

What did this mean for the people that had been talking, whining, discussing, and derailing this thread? Well, not much except that they now needed to take their discussions to the various sub-forums, because this thread is now...

CLOSED!!!

• Montford, Kinstryfe, Black Blow Fly and 18 others like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users