What are you looking forward to most in the RG supplement?

While I agree with you, I'll be happily surprised if we do see a RG primaris character. Perhaps a new Primaris leader will rise through our ranks but Shrike decides that he doesn't want to cross? There's a number of narrative takes that could be done...

or....

We get Corax :D

It would be an outstanding move on GWs part to have Corax be the next loyal Primarch to return.

But I'm not going to hold my breath. As close as the RG supplement likely is, we would have heard a rumor about it by now.

Finally had a chance to have a quick look through the new codex and there's a little bit about Raven Guard fighting the Tau and Shrike sending off task forces with objectives unknown but not a lot of new fluff, hopefully the supplement will go into more detail.

I have mixed feelings about the white arms being removed.  I always thought the white arms made no sense, but I suspect it's just a move to make the scheme easier to paint using the contrast system.

And finally, small points reductions on lightning claws and Land Speeder Storms (finally)!

Finally had a chance to have a quick look through the new codex and there's a little bit about Raven Guard fighting the Tau and Shrike sending off task forces with objectives unknown but not a lot of new fluff, hopefully the supplement will go into more detail.

That makes my Black Library submission idea that much more plausible :)

Ooh... that give my army some good lore backing as well. I've always wanted them to be an 'off the books' force that was sent off and turned into a sizeable force through piratical ways... I actually liken them to not-as-bad Red Corsairs.

Also with the LSS getting cheaper I guess I need to paint mine up.

Ooh... that give my army some good lore backing as well. I've always wanted them to be an 'off the books' force that was sent off and turned into a sizeable force through piratical ways... I actually liken them to not-as-bad Red Corsairs.

...like the Carcharodons? Sent off during the heresy to go wreck things elsewhere, and resupplying by any means considered necessary?

...like the Carcharodons? Sent off during the heresy to go wreck things elsewhere, and resupplying by any means considered necessary?

I didn't realize that was their fluff... so yes? 40k piratical assassins who like knives... that's what I'm going for :smile.:

Were the Carcharadons in the Badab War? I remember a great bit of lore that was on a podcast about how they dropped out of warp on the edge of the system requesting permission to join the battle... I thought that was so awesome.

Sorry if this question doesn’t belong to this topic. Since the new codex drop are we without SFTS? Because they have addressed the lack of our chapter master in the codex but not the lack of our unique stratagem.

There are indications that Carcharodons are the descendance of the terran Raven Guard elements - which didn't really get along with Corax, considering they were absolutely ruthless/bloody, and used to enslave the population they liberated to keep the crusade going. Hints are that Corax sent them off into the void, to go wreck stuff somewhere else, but not within eyesight of him. Which they did for 10k years - destroy a threat to mankind, loot any resource necessary to keep things going, repeat.

Were the Carcharadons in the Badab War? I remember a great bit of lore that was on a podcast about how they dropped out of warp on the edge of the system requesting permission to join the battle... I thought that was so awesome.

Better...they dropped a full chapter fleet next to the inquisitor commanding the loyalist side. After conferring with the inquisitor, they were tasked with defeating the Mantis Warriors - which was a problem until then, since they used hit and run tactics.

Well, being out of the imperial supply structure and in need for more stuff to prosecute such a costly war, they started off with a scorched-earth policy on Mantis Warriors worlds. Loot any machinery/resources/slaves workforce, annihilate anything left over after that. Which did provoke the Mantis Warriors to react, so it was working after all.

And their way of destroying the power generators on Badab prime worked, where others would have needed more time. Side effects applied, like annihilating the planetary surface and killing the entire population.

There are indications that Carcharodons are the descendance of the terran Raven Guard elements - which didn't really get along with Corax, considering they were absolutely ruthless/bloody, and used to enslave the population they liberated to keep the crusade going. Hints are that Corax sent them off into the void, to go wreck stuff somewhere else, but not within eyesight of him. Which they did for 10k years - destroy a threat to mankind, loot any resource necessary to keep things going, repeat....

...Side effects applied, like annihilating the planetary surface and killing the entire population.

That's the type of lore I had in my head, didn't know it already existed. Makes me feel a little validated because I was going to straight up have my guys be OK with looting from other 'questionable' chapters if it served their cause.

Also that last line sounds like it would just be a minor footnote at the end of the report, lol.

Sorry if this question doesn’t belong to this topic. Since the new codex drop are we without SFTS? Because they have addressed the lack of our chapter master in the codex but not the lack of our unique stratagem.

Good point its no longer in the Rule book... Was it released in the faq? Otherwise maybe not until we see our book.

Speaking of which, if rumours are to be believed were up next in 2ish months...

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2019/08/rumors-black-templar-vs-orks-box-codex.html?m=1

Also says all these supplements for new Primaris characters... Likelihood of Primaris Shrike increases :D

If the rumors are correct and it's RG and IH I find it odd that they would release both of the black chapters simultaneously. Given GW's desire to always have contrasting colors in releases I would think they'd split them up. Also if the 'every 2 months' bit is true that is frustrating but for me, not terrible. Soccer is on so I won't get too many games in between now and then.

I am slightly bummed that I started a successor now that upgrade sprues and transfers are coming out but oh well, c'est la vie.

Also if the 'every 2 months' bit is true that is frustrating but for me, not terrible.

Playing with half a codex? No thank you.

Well, that at least means I'll find spare time to get my AdMech back on track. Those get single new releases instead of invalidating units regularly, feels less frustrating.

Good point its no longer in the Rule book... Was it released in the faq? Otherwise maybe not until we see our book.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2019/08/rumors-black-templar-vs-orks-box-codex.html?m=1

Also says all these supplements for new Primaris characters... Likelihood of Primaris Shrike increases :D

Not having SFTS in the book is a good thing in my eyes.

With drop pods being exempted from the reserves rule, it's a slight hint that it may return to something closer to its original form.

I doubt it will be as strong as it was before, but something would be cool.

Maybe a Strategem that lets us grant the Concealed Positions rule to units that don't normally have it?

I wonder what they will do with Shrike, and I want to see a Primaris Chaplain with a jump pack, or at least a grav chute.

I want to see a stratagem where Land Speeder Storms get their flash-bang effect for the Cerebus Launcher back. I would like -1 to hit on 1 unit for 1CP.

I just hope we are more than just stealth in the supplement. I want to see ways to hinder my opponent and disrupt their rhythm. Just so waging asymmetrical warfare stays fun. And no Alpha Legion ripping of our stuff!!!

I'm kind of peeved at GW .... They gave a bunch of really awesome stealth mechanics to the GSC that would have been awesome as RG abilities. I don't want to take anything from GSC and copy/paste can be pretty lame, but I'd like to see something as flavorful for Sons of Corax. I mean serious their bikes get a -1 to hit so a would "borrowing" a couple deploy/redeployment shenanigans be soooo bad?

I was just thinking something like GSC blip deployment would be really cool for Raven Guard. I would be happy with a straight copy paste, as it would make them play totally differently than any other space marine chapter. But I think that is too radical a departure for GW

Redeployment or first turn "deepstrike" in your own deployment as you come out of the shadows would be great.

Why just your own deployment zone? As a stratagem it would cost CP .... which, to me at least, are much more precious than army points (and Primaris can’t use drop pods :().

Redeployment or first turn "deepstrike" in your own deployment as you come out of the shadows would be great.

Why just your own deployment zone? As a stratagem it would cost CP .... which, to me at least, are much more precious than army points (and Primaris can’t use drop pods :sad.:).

So your opponent doesn't know where you are, it's like blips without the actual blips. Or Lord of Deceit without placing them first.

Rant ... I'm looking forward to people stop saying Strike from the Shadows doesn't exist lol. So it might not, but something as good will.

Finally after decades something remotely as deep as the Ultramarines (okay maybe not that deep but ... ) something that will give Chapters like Salamanders and Raven Guards some "feel goods" :smile.:

Edited by Dracos

Getting the flash-bang effect back on the Cerebus Launcher on the Land Speeder Storm, if only as a Stratagem.

Our Scouts, and Vanguard, acting like real recon, and having forward observer abilities for artillery, and homing devices to allow drop pods and deep strikers/teleporters to arrive within 3 inches of them but more than 1 inch from enemy units.

Also, make our jump packs great again. I like being a jump pack ninja.

Also says all these supplements for new Primaris characters... Likelihood of Primaris Shrike increases :biggrin.:

0% chance hes got a jump pack.  Gonna be floot slogging Shrike.