Wolves 2.0 Speculation

PeteySödes

No point adjustments for anything, no role changes.

We get the new rules, only sevitors and beasts are excluded.

Wording on battle leader is odd.

We can have 2 battle leaders in the same slot?

And he always has terror troop, but the alt build only has a blade and heavy pistol. Which means the pack leader is actually better because he can use a carbine and a blade

Edited by Triszin

I expect points adjustment to come with chapter approved now as we didn't get it this time. Hopefully with no hammer hike as we dont have all the marine bonuses as of yet. Theoretically we did benefit from the point adjustment on the stuff from the vanguard box though so thats nice at least.

As to the battle leader it was actually weird that we havent been able to have 2 per slot all along as thats what other marines get

Edited by jbickb

So all in all we got a nice boost... 

my favorites 

1. shock assault

2. updated drop pods

3.updated aggressors

4. cheap chatacter hammers

5. updated vinidcator

6. Phobos runepriest can take tempestas powers

Also do aggressors always fire double shots during overwatch because in the opponents turn they will always be stationary

The rulebook says

"Warhammer 40,000 is played in a series of battle rounds. During each battle round, both players have a turn. The same player always takes the first turn in each battle round – the mission you are playing will tell you which player this is. Each turn consists of a series of phases...etc"

The new aggressor rule says

‘When this unit fires Overwatch or is chosen to shoot with, models in this unit can shoot twice if this unit did not move this turn (opponent's turn always ramain statinary) "

Thoughts???

Also do aggressors always fire double shots during overwatch because in the opponents turn they will always be stationary

The rulebook says

"Warhammer 40,000 is played in a series of battle rounds. During each battle round, both players have a turn. The same player always takes the first turn in each battle round – the mission you are playing will tell you which player this is. Each turn consists of a series of phases...etc"

The new aggressor rule says

‘When this unit fires Overwatch or is chosen to shoot with, models in this unit can shoot twice if this unit did not move this turn (opponent's turn always ramain statinary) "

I have to admit, that was my reading also. Aggressors now look very shiny indeed!

ad 1. Nice, but I still miss the -1AP from doctrines :(

ad 2. Drop pods - love it. With BC droping in, and wulfen with will run across the board just to be in 12" from the pods its a nice murder combo. And if those BC are from Vigilus Detachment rerolable 3d6 charge is just sweet :)

ad 3. Aggressors - now i love them. With 4/5 hits on 2+ with power fists they are brilliant. And If you will not be able to charge after their arriving, there is a hell lot of shoots (firestorm ability).

ad 4. For a short while I'm affraid

ad 5. Still meh, but better

ad 6. For Phobos Librarian - WS 3+ (instead of our Rune priests 2+) and more expensive rune sword than Vanilla SM force sword. If they give him 2+ to hit, then i can pay more for the sword.

yes its -1 like the power fist

For me aggressors ae gonna take the role of the wulfen in the hunt.... ok they dont have an inv save or thunder hammers but...

1. they are cheaper (5 wulfen = 6 aggressors )

2. they have thoughness 5 and 3 wounds

3. they can benefit from wulfenstone 

4. The most important thing, they can shoot the turn they arrive (if they fail the 9" charge doesnt make it that big of a deal like the wulfen who cant do anything if they fail that charge)

Edited by lonewolf81

yes its -1 like the power fist

For me aggressors ae gonna take the role of the wulfen in the hunt.... ok they dont have an inv save or thunder hammers but...

1. they are cheaper (5 wulfen = 6 aggressors )

2. they have thoughness 5 and 3 wounds

3. they can benefit from wulfenstone

4. The most important thing, they can shoot the turn they arrive (if they fail the 9" charge doesnt make it that big of a deal like the wulfen who cant do anything if they fail that charge)

Aggressor w/ impulsor? Atm.i think they are the only unit worth transporting in it

it cant transport gravis so wolves have the best way to deploy them...via on the hunt ...otherwise you need a repulsor which is expensive...

i will laso try thunderwolves with the new sock assault... +1 from there and + 1 from wulfenstone makes them a bit playable..we will see...

Edited by lonewolf81

it cant transport gravis so wolves have the best way to deploy them...via on the hunt ...otherwise you need a repulsor which is expensive...

i will laso try thunderwolves with the new sock assault... +1 from there and + 1 from wulfenstone makes them a bit playable..we will see...

how'd I miss that.  dough!

As I wrote in the other Thread I am considering an Impulsor with Intercessors, maybe even with that new Thunderhammer on the Pack Leader, instead of a 3rd Grey Hunter Squad. I realize that Hellblasters would probably a better choice but I wouldn`t know what to drop for them. 

My Thought was that together with a Shield Dome and the added survivability of Intercessors over Grey Hunters it would give me a tougher Unit to grab Objectives towards later rounds. Maybe even go Assault Bolters on them?

Not sure if we get the same Usage out as them as Coex Chapters without Tactical Doctrine and Stratagems, And True Grit works better on regular Bolt Rifles. My Math-Fu is non existent.

Hard for me to give up on the 3rd Assault Gun though. 

Edit: We are going to play an Urban Conquest Campaign, with Hard Cover and Rules for obscured Units plus our Psychic Powers an Impulsor and Intercessors could become hard to shift.

Edited by Oshikai

Didn't even personalise the data sheets. It must have taken longer to explain how to replace all the key words than actually just changing them. And as for 'not needing codex SM', is the obscuration discipline included? No. "see codex SM". They couldn't have made less effort if they were on holiday. I need to stop reading the naieve wishing posts on here. At least TH weren't increased.

And I see nothing about hammers for intercessors. This one keeps on giving...

Edited by One Two Wolf