Wolves 2.0 Speculation

PeteySödes

Question, do Infiltrators push away drop pods?

yes

Infiltrators special rule trumps other rules

Hard counter against GSC

Not quite as useful against drop pods because a shooting unit will still unleash hell at 12"

FAQS

Q: If a unit has a rule that says enemy units cannot set up within a certain distance of it (e.g. Omni-scramblers), but an enemy unit has a rule that says it can set up within a certain distance (e.g. Vexilla Teleport Homer and Lying in Wait), which takes precedence?

A: The rule that says you cannot be set up within a certain distance (in the example instance, Omniscramblers) always takes precedence

Official FAQ

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/warhammer_40000_shadowspear_en-1.pdf

Edited by TiguriusX

If DA's are getting a supplement...

BA and SW's should as well, along with DW and GK.

If so, we may yet see the option to get Stormravens.

Babycarrier-slung Dreadnoughts, as laughable as some might think it is, will be a seriously great threat and press unit with a 'Raven, 10 GH's, WGPL, and 1 HQ backed up by a FGA & BS/SB V-D! They start on the table turn one and can move FAR and press hard! Let alone two, or, just send one and back it up with some units On The Hunt!

Edit: Or, 10 BC's! Still going to hurt, might even work better in some cases!

Edited by Karack Blackstone

Minor change that saves points.

Helix adept now REPLACES an infiltrator rather than being an extra.

so an MSU squad of 5 can take one for a cheap upgrade instead of required 6 minimum.

That is a worthwhile upgrade for the list I run.  Can clean up random wounds from mortars and wyverns and stay in cover longer.

If DA's are getting a supplement...

BA and SW's should as well, along with DW and GK.

If so, we may yet see the option to get Stormravens.

Babycarrier-slung Dreadnoughts, as laughable as some might think it is, will be a seriously great threat and press unit with a 'Raven, 10 GH's, WGPL, and 1 HQ backed up by a FGA & BS/SB V-D! They start on the table turn one and can move FAR and press hard! Let alone two, or, just send one and back it up with some units On The Hunt!

Edit: Or, 10 BC's! Still going to hurt, might even work better in some cases!

I don't think they are getting a supplement, I suspect they are getting a brand new dex. After all Darkangles and blood angles came out fairly fast after marines proper. I suspect they will be getting a new dex. but we will find out soon enough

There were 6 supliments and 6 codex compliant first founding chapters, so my guess is that the 6 supliments will be Ultras, white scars, imperial fists, iron hands, salamanders and raven guard. Then successor chapters can be built using the relevant supliment.

Then us, the blood angels and the dark angels will get their own dex as usual.

I have no knowledge of it, it just seems logical to me to do it that way. But I guess GW aint always logical

Edited by Yoyo ninja

I'm liking the new phobos rune priest now he can take wolf psychic powers, looks good for a t1 charge or making to hit rolls difficult any where for an opponent, and add infiltrators or incursors for a supporting screen, everything else just makes us better in general so bikes to me seem like a lot more fun, and an infiltrator gh drop pod combo t1 can be fun

I'm liking the new phobos rune priest now he can take wolf psychic powers, looks good for a t1 charge or making to hit rolls difficult any where for an opponent, and add infiltrators or incursors for a supporting screen, everything else just makes us better in general so bikes to me seem like a lot more fun, and an infiltrator gh drop pod combo t1 can be fun

I'm really excited about eliminators. I think the build with 2 las fusil and the instigator bolt carbine is going to be sweet. And for sub 100 points.

I am looking forward to Eliminators too although in my case I have adequate anti-tank so I am looking forward to trying out some super-snipers.

I played a game vs imperial guard yesterday with sock assault... I won by 1 point in the fifth round and I had more on the board at the end than he did,which is unusual when I play against that army :)... All in all the +1 attack is great for hidden powerfist and combos really nice with wulfen stone.

PS 1 I still think jumpack Runepriest is alot better than phobos one ... The ability to jump over units is super good for assault...

PS 2 I also played 4 thunderwolves (all shields, 2xpowerfists) the last of them was man of the match cause he managed to take 2 vp in the last round by defending an objective.. Sock assault boosted these guys...

Edited by lonewolf81

Minimal to zero if you ask me... There are other chapters and non marine armies (... and sisters.. ) first in line for updates (we had an outdated book but it was released as one of the last 8th edition codices) ... They will probably announce the other 2 vanilla sm supplements during Nova... Edited by lonewolf81

Yeah, sadly with the slow roll they seem to be doing I would say we are looking at early next year (jan-mar) at the earliest. Despite our dragging at the back of the pack, GW does not seem eager to fix things. At least not super fast. But plus side new units to paint and rules to investigate might have given us the bump we need. But I wouldn't plan on having more than we have now. Edited by jbickb

I wonder how long until 9th edition? Judging by the history of edition it seems to be about every 3-5 years, and 8th is 2 years old. so another year or two? At that point I would rather not have another codex for 8th edition and have a early jump on 9th edition, instead of waiting over a year for our codex.

I wonder how long until 9th edition? Judging by the history of edition it seems to be about every 3-5 years, and 8th is 2 years old. so another year or two? At that point I would rather not have another codex for 8th edition and have a early jump on 9th edition, instead of waiting over a year for our codex.

Id say 2, dont think they would release all these updated codexes and supplements including sisters to have them invalidated next summer

The Wulfen dreadnought was a nice add, new model from existing kit. Is there anything else they could do like that?

I dont know that coming in to an edition early is beneficial. I mean space marines were book one in 8th and they quickly fell behind the curve. I would rather be in the middle. And actually in the middle, unlike 8th where the book that was clearly written with the other non codex chapter books was released 6 months after them.

Weren't GW making noises when 8th launched that they were moving towards longer editions, especially as they added the chance to iterate on the rules with Chapter Approved and the big FAQs? So we wouldn't see a '9th edition' any time soon. Or did I imagine that?

Weren't GW making noises when 8th launched that they were moving towards longer editions, especially as they added the chance to iterate on the rules with Chapter Approved and the big FAQs? So we wouldn't see a '9th edition' any time soon. Or did I imagine that?

That does ring a vague bell but I can't recall if it was a solid aspiration or just an idea.