New & Improved Flesh is Weak!

I am extremely excited about the changes. I haven't played 40K since early May because everything became so stale. This brings hope again! Personally I can't wait to throw down my Razorbacks and Contemptor Dreadnoughts and laugh as they shake off wounds and ignore a large portion of the damage table! 

Though I am sad to see Killshot go away (from what I heard) as that was a big strategy I used for awhile. 

Both my main 2k list have got significantly better just through the new angel of death, chapter tactics and doctrines cant wait for the supplement.

I'm expecting a group overwatch strat, a way to boost the fnp, some devastor doctrine buff, fire twice with heavy weapons strat, a vehicle relic, technomancy discipline, a machine heal thyself strat and this is pure wishful thinking but reanimation protocols(its in the fluff)

Yeah if I was in GW finance, I would be kicking behinds to get IH contemptor and levi FW models ready lol.

You mean this one? :whistling:

http://www.evil-games-shop.de/WebRoot/Store15/Shops/78108884/55F2/E669/37AB/E5C8/1A24/C0A8/2AB9/F85E/Iron_Hands_Legion_Contemptor_Dreadnought.jpg

I still don't care for predators. I know it's Forgeworld but it take a sicaran any day over a pred of any variety. Vindicators might be good now also when run in multiples.

I think ironclads can work as a T8 front line unit that has to be dealt with. I think they're overpriced though and pay too heavily for T8. I'd take an invictor for 17 points more than the cheapest ironclad :(. If ironclads had some kind of movement bonus or something to help them get up the board that would help.

Stormraven was always one of the better units in the codex but now it's just simply great.

It's nicely tougher with the FNP (you should get around ~3W back)

If it's  charged by something that can fly it has a big chance of wounding it now that 1/3 of it's many shots hit

And it would have to lose 10 wounds (+ the ones you save with the FNP) to be forced to use the second profile of the damage table

The doctrines also make it an even better unit. Can't wait to know what ours is

Edited by JustPurgingInTheRain(Fin)

The xiphon is a great tank hunter now with doctrines, fire twice strat and the chapter tactics it's pretty durable, and personally with the amount of dreads and tanks I run I'll be staying in dev doctrine until turn 3 at least

This is the second time I've seen you mention the fire twice stratagem and I can't see one anywhere (except for Suppression Fire for Whirlwinds and Thunderfire Cannons). What are you referring to?

Stormraven was always one of the better units in the codex but now it's just simply great.

It's nicely tougher with the FNP (you should get around ~3W back)

If it's charged by something that can fly it has a big chance of wounding it now that 1/3 of it's many shots hit

And it would have to lose 10 wounds (+ the ones you save with the FNP) to be forced to use the second profile of the damage table

The doctrines also make it an even better unit. Can't wait to know what ours is

Those Hurricane Bolter sponsons will be scary to charge

Anyone hyping for an Iron Hands supplement thingy? I am abit, will you haveto use the Iron Hands chapter tactics to able to use it, anyone have any of those supplements which have been released and can tell? Or can  you use custom chapter stuff and still use it?

Please excuse grammar, Spelling mistakes and such.

Edited by Token

I'm excited for it as I've just started my first loyalist space marines army - Sons of Medusa.

Reading the Ultramarines rules you have to be Ultramarines or a successor to benefit from the 'super-doctrine'. You don't need to have the Inheritor of the Chapter, chapter tactic so can use the 'pick two traits' one.

- The Iron Father gives units within 6 inches of him a 5+ invulnerable save.

- He automatically repairs 3 wounds on any vehicles once per turn

- A stratagem allows you to perform the repair action twice; another psychic power allows you to heal up to D3 wounds on any vehicles, meaning you can heal up to a maximum of 9 wounds on a vehicle of your choice.

-There is a way to turn a dreadnought into a character

The Iron Hands deal in logic after all, not hearsay :tongue.: A Dreadnought character would be nice, but they're not exactly brilliant currently. Handy to keep it safer from shooting at least.

As IFF said, assuming these are true it's pretty much all about healing vehicles which is a bit shallow and boring. A 5++ doesn't do much most of the time either.