Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Its been mentioned in earlier pages of this thread but its literally just the Adeptus Astra Telepathica symbol, its just that none of the imperial departments have a standardized art style for the symbols.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

So there's gonna be a preview at NOVA this Wednesday and it seems like it's gonna be a busy one according to the article. This would be the perfect event to shed some light on Psychic Awakening, but I'm slightly worried that with the new AoS army and maybe more info on Space Marine Supplements, plus all the other previews for the other games, they'll keep it under wraps for now. Let's hope they don't.

Edited by DeadFingers

It's official, the Fb page posted that Psychic Awakening will be revealed tomorrow at 8pm EST.

Ahyup.

t07r5jfgu0j31.jpg

They's putting a lot of emphasis on this affecting everyone, so I'm still firmly on the camp of it being 40k Endless Spells.[/quote

I would love if the Tau/necron "powers" are a.i. swarm drone related

Well in AoS they managed to give Khorne Endless Spells by saying that they are not magic, but manifestations of Khorne's fury or something like that, so with 40k they can just use the "TECHNOLOGY!" excuse whenever they want.

Edited by DeadFingers

If I were to speculate, I'd place a small wager on a book with new universal psychic disciplines, and a selection of "predatory" psychic effects (with models). Maybe a small selection of missions to play with Warp Storm effects?

If "a new, galaxy-spanning event that’s going to have a significant impact on every Warhammer 40,000 faction" and "massive news for every Warhammer 40000 player" refer to a loyalist Primarch returning, GW seriously need to rethink their wording for these things. If it was just every faction, then sure, a Primarch returns, he might do some stuff that has an impact on most factions, but I seriously doubt "every Warhammer 40000 player" gives a damn about a Primarch.

However, while I doubt the Psychic Awakening itself to be the return of a Primarch, it might be the start of a series of events that lead up to a Primarch, and maybe some other things, who knows.

Edited by DeadFingers

Well in AoS they managed to give Khorne Endless Spells by saying that they are not magic, but manifestations of Khorne's fury or something like that, so with 40k they can just use the "
" excuse whenever they want.

You could have gone for the classic "NANOMACHINES!", but no... you didn't and now I am disappointed.

The webway expands. Opening up for new portals, new tunnels and new technology.

Ork, men and other races now have the knowledge to open new portals and make new tunnels.

This not only open new zones of conflict, but also new tactics on the battlefield.

If we do get endless spells in space I would welcome technosorceries to my Necron army. Waves of Scarabs, chronometron effects, visible C'Tan conjurations, Cryptek conclaves; there's options!

for necron I could see "time dilation" as a "psykic" equivalent power .

For Tau "A.I, or drone swarms"