Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

It's a reverse if Dulan, tzeemtch playing on darkangels need to hide)go after the fallen has the da running I'm circles getting bogged down.

In part 2

Space wolves arrive, end up fighting cypher, Luther and tsons. They get cypher emprisoned and deliver him to darkangels. Angels are pissed, but wolves/russ say delete the records ( ala lion deleting heresey records if wulfen).

Reverse Dulan would be an absolutely baller move after Warzone Fenris. “We’re even.” *mic drop

I guess I should bring this here too. Drazhar Vs. Jain Zar by Igor Sid, apparently a piece from 2018, but surfacing just now and not seen before.

Drahzar-vs-Jain-Zar-Print.jpg

I don't think anyone could argue that this is not exactly what is going down in Phoenix Rising, considering the recent reveals and rumours. It seems they might finally settle the "mystery" of who Drazhar really is, which would fit the title.

And speaking of rumours, this is exactly what Kikasstou's rumours predicted. He mentioned Incubi before they were revealed, promised a new model for a Dark Eldar character that "was never updated", which people guessed was Drazhar, and asked cheekily "who could be leading the Banshees? :wink:" (paraphrasing from French, but the cheekiness stands). For the moment, he's been spot on, which means that his other rumours are gaining a lot of credibility, so...

Maybe we should start making space on our shelves for the big bad green?

Alright, so since the other topic got locked, and this discussion fits better here anyway, let's bring the latest wave of whispers to the table. Please beware and excuse the wall of text, quite a lot happened.

First off, Valrak's latest source:

LordValrak, on 19 Sept 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

Will post more when i'm allowed, hes going to give me information on the Awakening, he mentioned my certain obsession may be pleased...

Got anything, Valrak? Or do you still need to keep it under wraps?

Not given the green light yet, mate, even with his images he gave me, we see the model in the actual codex :smile.:

I'm talking Awakening, hopefully I will get more news soon :smile.:

He's keeping quiet for the moment, but it seems his contact has given him some interesting info, and might still have some left for later. For now, theorizing about this is practically chasing smoke and can spiral out of control quickly, but it's still interesting.

Then, there's coldfyre's input:

Just thought i'd toss it out there that 12 days ago, someone on reddit claimed that they had a source and we were getting banshees and incubi. Incubi were revealed a few days ago, so I feel a little more comfortable that there *might* be some validity to these:

https://imgur.com/a/06SLNoy

LordValrak hinted that "his obsession" will bear fruit, i think it's going to be Russ and later Angry Ron!
https://imgur.com/a/qnMvEJP

Of course, a random person on Reddit isn't really the most trustworthy source, but like coldfyre says, plastic Incubi were mentioned before their reveal. I don't know how easy it might have been to randomly predict plastic Incubi for someone more familiar with the Eldar and their recent plotlines, but one can't deny that they were correct.

And finally, because humbleness is overrated, here's my own post from that thread.

I did hear a long while ago that Angron and his boys in red are "sitting on a shelf waiting to be revealed".

With the amount of time models can sit painted and ready to go but still unrevealed, as some Rumour engines prove, I can believe GW have a storage full of future releases. And as you all know, I'm an advocate of the remaining Traitor Legions not being an "if" but a "when" and "which one first". But with that said, this new rumour specifically mentions that the time frame is unknown, only that they exist. Until we know more about Psychic Awakening and its ramifications, it's too early to seriously say World Eaters will be coming with it.

On the other hand, Kikasstou's rumours promise Ragnar Vs. Ghaz, and thanks to Valrak's code-digging and some investigative work, we know the fourth location is right on Sortiarius/Prospero, so Russ is slowly but surely becoming the prime candidate for the next loyalist Primarch. At least for the moment, and until more things are confirmed, unofficially, since we're basing all of this on rumours, with Sortiarius/Prospero being the only solid piece.

The identity and validity of that source still escape me, as I believe it was late last year when I heard that info, so I cannot remember what other predictions and claims were made. But like I said, models can sit unrevealed for a long time, so it's not impossible.

And now it's time to theorize on this, so get your tinfoils hats ready because here it comes. Disclaimer, despite me theorizing this, it doesn't mean I believe it's what will happen, I'm just spitballing:

The Thousand Sons either will play a part on the return of Russ, even if unwillingly, and/or they actually have Russ trapped somewhere on Sortiarius.

The two solid pieces of the puzzle are:

• Magnus and the Thousand Sons seem to know where Russ is.

in Battle of the Fang, the Thousand Sons attack Fenris, mentioning that Russ "cannot come to their aid now, as you well know". Even Magnus acts coy about his location when he speaks to Russ' statue. One might even muse that not only do they know where he is, but might be responsible for getting him there. Admittedly, that story is from 2011, but afaik there's no reason to believe that the Thousand Sons knowing where Russ is has been retconned.

• The fourth location for Psychic Awakening is right on Sortiarius/Prospero.

This is no rumour, this was pulled from the code on the official Psychic Awakening page by Valrak, and I put the complete galaxy map over it. Sortiarius and Prospero are not just in the area, they're right where the campaign icon would be. I don't think there's much wiggle room there.

There's not that much more to the theory, really. I just thought about it after Valrak and coldfyre's posts. I just think that if a Primarch is to return, it'd be at the end of the campaign. Since for now the last location seems to be the Thousand Sons' turf, Russ strikes me as the most likely, and the Thousand Sons being involved in his return, even if "accidentally", would be a suitable twist.

Edited by DeadFingers

I heard the exact thing about Angron well twice actually, one rumor was that he and zerkers were done and just chilling and multiple other sources (i think one was hastings) said they had a release date but were shelved for an unknown reason so who knows when they will come out.  Since Khorne sells so well maybe they're using them as an emergency release......the thought of that is terrifying.

The two indisputable facts are:

• Magnus and the Thousand Sons know where Russ is.

in Battle of the Fang, the Thousand Sons attack Fenris, mentioning that Russ "cannot come to their aid now, as you well know". Even Magnus acts coy about his location when he speaks to Russ' statue. One might even muse that not only do they know where he is, but might be responsible for getting him there. Admittedly, that story is from 2011, but afaik there's no reason to believe that the Thousand Sons knowing where Russ is has been retconned.

Just to advocate a slightly more cautious approach: the gloating of a Daemon Primarch in a single novel does not = an indisputable fact. Magnus may well know where Russ is - but he may not. His monologue at the foot of Russ' statue isn't exactly clad in certainty. Even if the former is true, he could just be referring to the Eye of Terror, or his visions, ala Mortarion in Lords of Silence, may be incomplete or fractured in some way; alternatively and more simply still, something may have changed in the millennia since the events on Fenris. A lot of what you're stating is eminently plausible, but let's not get carried away. Some other aspects of that novel have been retconned/altered already (e.g. the shards of Magnus plotline).

That being said, Russ coming back for a second assault on Prospero/Sortarius would be great marketing and a plot that would really pump the community up. If he is the next to return that does seem a safe bet.

I'm still really hoping for Fulgrim & the EC. There have been lots of hints - Fulgrim speaking to Guilliman in GS, an unnamed and named appearance in the CSM and IH books respectively, and references in recent BL fiction to the EC being more united than ever. Perhaps the first PA book will set up his return in connection with the ongoing Eldar storyline - I'm looking forward to getting some actually information on the plot.

Edited by Marshal Loss

Just to advocate a slightly more cautious approach: the gloating of a Daemon Primarch in a single novel does not = an indisputable fact. Magnus may well know where Russ is - but he may not. His monologue at the foot of Russ' statue isn't exactly clad in certainty. Even if the former is true, he could just be referring to the Eye of Terror, or his visions, ala Mortarion in Lords of Silence, may be incomplete or fractured in some way; alternatively and more simply still, something may have changed in the millennia since the events on Fenris. A lot of what you're stating is eminently plausible, but let's not get carried away. Some other aspects of that novel have been retconned/altered already (e.g. the shards of Magnus plotline).

Not to disagree with you, because I do agree on it not being indisputable, I did edit that part so as not to sound overconfident, but I am leaning more on the conversation between the sorcerers than Magnus' monologue. They seem very confident that Russ is incapable of coming to the Wolves' aid, a confidence that seems to indicate knowledge of Russ' whereabouts and/or capability to return at the present moment, which admittedly was M32, so it's been quite a while since that conversation happened and Russ might not be in the same situation he was back then. I guess the major revelation from his return, besides the return itself, will be just where he's been all this time, and doing what. That should be an interesting story.

But again, I came up with that theory out of incomplete information, as we're still very much in the dark about Psychic awakening and what it might entail, and posted it for the sake of spitballing, discussion, and adding something to the post beyond just other people's quotes. It might not hold a lot of water beyond Sortiarius/Prospero being a location and the rumours of the Wolves playing an important role, but if anything remotely similar ends up being the truth, I will be amused. :biggrin.:

And let's not forget that even the rumour monger from coldfyre's post just says that they exist, and that they have no idea when they might be released. So for all we know, Russ may be very well sitting on a shelf, only for the Lion to return before him. But I do think Russ seems more likely for now.

And speaking of sitting on a shelf without a hint of a release date, about Angron or Fulgrim being next, like I commented on the other thread, outside of the lore setting up their returns, with Fulgrim being more active, the rumours have been 50/50 on them. Last I heard, Fulgrim was "being worked on" a bit before the leaks for Wrath and Rapture last year, and I should mention that the very same rumour mentioned the "harp mounted on a flayed man" before anyone saw that model. And as above, Angron and the World Eaters are allegedly "sitting on a shelf waiting to be revealed", but even then, Psychic Awakening might not be their time.

For now our best lead seems to be Kikassou, at least until Valrak and his contact have something to say, but he's mentioned nothing about Primarchs yet. With that said, he did mention Ragnar Vs. Ghaz, and that matchup is nothing to sneeze at either.

Edit: By the way, by "IH" I assume you mean the Iron Hands? What mention of Fulgrim is in there? I haven't heard.

Edited by DeadFingers

It is still far too shaky to be considered a fact, imo, but that boils down to a matter of perspective. One could argue that this is certainly the sort of lore that could be retrofitted to suit the ongoing narrative in any case.

We haven't had reliable Primarch rumour mongering since Sad Panda was active. I get the sense that PA will reveal pretty quickly what kind of revelations we can expect from that series. In the case of Primarchs, where there is smoke, there is not always fire.

What if it's something we haven't even thought of, in that it's on Sortiarius, but it's not Russ' return, but the Lion getting his long-awaited revenge against Russ by kill-stealing? "Suck it, Russ! That's twice now you're too slow, but I WIN THIS TIME!"

I suggested it would be a reverse Dulan campaign.

Thousand Suns and tzeemtch have dark angels running around in circles via the fallen. Bogging then down.

Russ/wolves show up beat the piss outta the fallen/cpher/Luther/tsons and tell the darkangels they deleted allkbowlefge of the fallen. And assist them in the future on there hunts.

I also think there's a good possibility of

Angron appearing

Then beast ghaz appearing

Then Russ appearimg,in thAt order. In within a year. * A year from angrons release

Edited by Triszin

As far as I know, the Beast was the name/title of the particular Prime-Ork (or the six of them) during the War of the Beast, but not all Prime-Orks are the Beast. The reason they were called "Prime-Orks" was because of the comparison to Primarchs, each Beast commanding a "Legion" (Clan) of their own. So one's a name, the other a designation, or at least that's how I understand it, but I could be wrong.

The reason Ghaz is associated with the Beast in particular and not just being called a Prime-Ork is because of "Mag Uruk Thraka" being retconned into the Beast's title, meaning "I am Slaughter".

Edited by DeadFingers

Would there be any difference between a beast ghaz and prime ork ghaz or are they the same thing ?

Same thing. Just people know what a primarch is.

For Orks it's called beast*.

Expect for the part where a beat duplicates its self 6 times and runs multiple campaigns at the same time

Would there be any difference between a beast ghaz and prime ork ghaz or are they the same thing ?

My interpretation of it was that ‘Prime Ork’ was an Imperial designation given to exceptionally powerful Green-skins. It was vague enough however that they could retcon it to be some sort of power up.

EDIT: Though personally I hope they stick to the former.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax

Honesty hoping that Orks get some of their final resin-to-plastic conversions for this (Kommandoz/Tankbustas, characters, etc) rather than crazy new units.

Seeing how the first releases for the event are Banshees, Incubi, Jain Zar and Drazhar, and that Ghaz and Ragnar are rumoured, it wouldn't surprise me to see more metal/resin kits being finally replaced. Thankfully.

But with that said, the basic Boyz kit could use a refresh too. I guess it depends on how big the campaign release might be, and/or if there will be a followup for some of these releases later on.

Expect for the part where a beat duplicates its self 6 times and runs multiple campaigns at the same time

Which is also what Ghaz seems to be doing, as seen in the Ork codex. Except there's seven of him?

OrkGalaxyMap.jpg

Hmmm a beast sighting at hydraphur. Thats close to where the second psy awakening campaign is, and BT are rumoured to come in the second one. Edited by Sete

Which is also what Ghaz seems to be doing, as seen in the Ork codex. Except there's seven of him?

OrkGalaxyMap.jpg

Hmmm a beast sighting at hydraphur. Thats close to where the second psy awakening campaign is, and BT are rumoured to come in the second one.

Well there are also Waaaghs close to where the first and third campaigns are supposed to be. Orks can just be included anywhere. :D

But with that said, the basic Boyz kit could use a refresh too.

Kinda doubt this one’s in the works. GW’s been fairly reticent to re-do existing plastic troop kits for a while now. Literally the only one I can think of since mid-7th is the new CSM box, and the only ones redone for years before that were some of the basic Marine kits. It’d also confuse the line a lot, since nearly all Ork plastics are built to be compatible with that kit.

...tho I may be biased, here, as I still love the current Boyz kit and don’t want to see it go anywhere. :p

Well...

From Kikasstou:

Black Templar is not a SM supplement. It is only the SM supplements that must be released by the end of October (IF and Salamanders). Given the news that is starting to filter, I expect an announcement this WE of the preco of these supplements for the following week. The BT rules will be in the Psychic Awakening Tome 2 supplement. October is Volume 1 with Drukharis and Eldars. My personal opinion is that it should count rather end of the year I will say. The BT vs Ork box is from the flank. If there is a box with each release of psychic Awakening tome, in this case it would be rather BT vs Chaos especially since we always have an engine rumor about a chaos wizard. But I repeat nothing about regarding a box for now.

It is poorly translated.

Edited by Sete

Good to see more confirmation on the BT getting their rules in the PA book, tho I wonder what this means for their future. Campaign books don’t tend to stay in print that long, tho I suppose we could see them corralled into their own Supplement eventually.