Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

In the video, the most interesting hint is the symbol that is shown at the end (all of the animation prior assembles the elements of the symbol).

sml_gallery_26_548_362102.png

It looks like the stylized "I" of various organizations with the Imperium. We haven't seen that exact symbol used for any previously known Imperial organizations (as far as I can recall). It is similar in many ways to that of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, but is a bit more fancy and adds lines emanating out from the eye. The eye itself is strongly reminiscent of the eyes incorporated into the runes for Aeldari psykers.

Ignoring all of the stuff about special rules, this might be a new campaign/event in the setting, replacing Vigilus and including some developments that will feature some level of significant Warp activity (potentially a Warp incursion to be faced by appropriate Imperial units).

It could be a new Imperial organization that gets founded to deal with the rampant psychic energies unleashed by the Great Rift or whatever.

Thats the purview of the Ordos Heriticus (sp?) & the Black Ships run by the SoS/ Adaptus Telepathica any way so why would they need a new one?

It could be a new Imperial organization that gets founded to deal with the rampant psychic energies unleashed by the Great Rift or whatever.

Thats the purview of the Ordos Heriticus (sp?) & the Black Ships run by the SoS/ Adaptus Telepathica any way so why would they need a new one?

Who knows. Time will tell.

There already was a 'Great Awakening' in the lore, just before the 13th Black Crusade, when there was a boom in humans that got psychic powers.

GW has a nasty habit of using (almost) the same name for different but comparable events/vehicles/characters (looking at you Tauros Taurox!)

This seems to be the next campaign, I expect it to be around mass psykers awakening happening in the Imperium which might also be the strengthening of Chaos in real space as the psyker epidemic calls forth demons like they did in the Age of Strife. This will be a good opportunity for Lorgar to come back and for Grey Knights to get a new codex and maybe new models, hell all they need is two boxes, one for Terminators and the other for power armor units and you got like 80% of the army updated.

Well it could be a campaign book that includes endless spells you know how much GW love those books.

so with that in mind could be a mixture of alot that's already been said, i would expect new rules for models usable by most/all factions to be in some sort of campaign book.

Endless Spells, but with a Malign Portents-esq Worldwide Campaign to go along with it. 

This, as well as Astra Telepathica / Navis Nobilite cooperation with Eldar via Death God's priestess who zapped Robbie G. Hence the mixed symbols.

Implications for xenos with this are far more interesting-

Prime Ork Weird boy

Necron Pariah unit/ assassin type character

Nid psyker that fries its own buddies to boost its powers, wounds itself to heal others (?)

Farseer wraith constructs (like libby dreads, do these already exist?)

Tau- vortex/ stasis/ chrono tech (?) 

Dark eldar possesed slaneeshi wynches, super mandrakes (?)

It looks like the stylized "I" of various organizations with the Imperium. We haven't seen that exact symbol used for any previously known Imperial organizations (as far as I can recall). It is similar in many ways to that of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, but is a bit more fancy and adds lines emanating out from the eye. The eye itself is strongly reminiscent of the eyes incorporated into the runes for Aeldari psykers.

Its the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, its not like those symbols are always drawn the same way, they wouldn't add a new symbol that was differentiated just by eye lash extensions.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Its the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, its not like those symbols are always drawn the same way, they wouldn't add a new symbol that was differentiated just by eye lash extensions.

I interpret it as the 'eye' of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, that has become more radiant, i.e. more powerful.

The only "current look" at Necrons post-rift I'm aware of comes from Revenant Crusade, where they are (with the exception of some madness here and there) universally trying to close the rift because they really hate the warp stuff.

I demand Necron-themed noctilith scenery.

Demand! You hear me GW?!

*shakes fist at cloud

The future awakening of humanity as a psychic race has been in the lore since the days of Rogue Trader as the greatest threat (the Emperor even launched the whole Great Crusade to help mankind avoid such fate). Just imagine all the humans in the galaxy becoming as psychically attuned as the Eldar where before the Fall: it might be the birth of a new Chaos god (but this won't happen, I think).

So, I am inclined to think this will be a story event, and a pretty big one too, as it won't be focused on a single planet, but spread in the whole galaxy.

The future awakening of humanity as a psychic race has been in the lore since the days of Rogue Trader as the greatest threat (the Emperor even launched the whole Great Crusade to help mankind avoid such fate). Just imagine all the humans in the galaxy becoming as psychically attuned as the Eldar where before the Fall: it might be the birth of a new Chaos god (but this won't happen, I think).

So, I am inclined to think this will be a story event, and a pretty big one too, as it won't be focused on a single planet, but spread in the whole galaxy.

In an empire split in half and beset on all sides it would be a great plot device to suddenly enable huge segments of the population to jump into the fight (on whichever side they support). Looking forward to seeing the chaos forces reaction to this and more over the top Grim darkness