Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Exodites and corsairs are supporting yvraine and ynnari.

Final battle in the book is described as avengers endgame coalition of eldar dudes vs the slaanesh warband trying to kill yvraine

But they don't want to spoil it

Also in case anyone was doubting it, the hunter Slaanesh send after Yvraine is indeed the Keeper of Secrets Shalaxi Helbane.

Yep! Spoilers in case anybody cares

Apologies if this has already been suggested but given the events in 'The Great Work' and the line in the prophecy could we be seeing a return of the C'tan, not the shards but the full blown beings. This would then be a threat to every faction. Sort of a restart of the war in heaven? I mean 'turn stars and souls black' is a pretty big hint!
Edited by Typhoid_Tony

I am not expecting a box set on PA2 release.

BT: Primaris Emperor Champion Upgrade sprue

Chaos: Sorc and Vigilus kits.

This book might be Imperium vs Chaos and not BT vs Chaos.

The location is close to the eye of terror, so I suppose its the imperial counter attack on the cadia system as described on gathering storm.

So... Is that the Armageddon region on the map? Or the Sortiarius/Prospero? 

So many possibilities

So... Is that the Armageddon region on the map? Or the Sortiarius/Prospero? 

So many possibilities

If the order is right, it should be the second map, so the currently unknown location between Armageddon and Terra.

I think it's worth mentioning that during the Phoenix Rising preview stream they showed a map that had some noticeable differences compared to the currently available maps on the Codices and Rulebook, such as the location of some Craftworlds being different, and some names and locations here and there that I personally had not seen before.

Sorry for the quality, but it's the best I could find.

HyQuoZN.jpg

Edited by DeadFingers

I think the numbers are just various conflicts unrelated to the main storyline. It's a bit hard to read the text, but 5 is about Vigilus and 6 about the Planet Killer on Sangua Terra.

If I remember correctly from what we know about the narrative, the final conflict of Phoenix Rising takes place on Iathglas (or however it's spelled), the place next to Macragge, which is exactly where the Phoenix Rising icon is on the Psychic Awakening site. Iyanden seems to have moved as well, as it was right around the same spot before, and has now moved further into the Galaxy across Ultramar and Necron territory.

Edited by DeadFingers

Interesting that Lugganath is near Picina, and that the corsairs seem to support the Ynnari more - given Lugganath's greater ties to the Corsairs and Harlequins, I wonder if this means that their "Black Sun" outlook will also lead them into Ynnari arms as well...

Not sure if this is news as I've been away for a few days, but a "four-armed snake creature" is sighted by imperial forces in PR. C'mon Fulgrim!

Narrative was terrible though, wouldn't recommend a purchase for people on the fence about it

Edited by Marshal Loss

Four-armed snake creature has stretched back to the Gathering Storm narrative, and Fulgrim was called out explicitely in the Iron Hands supplement when he killed the Iron Captain of Clan Raukaan.

....I (and everybody else) am well aware of all of these things. But given the ending & the escalating nature of Slaanesh's involvement in the narrative, Fulgrim being hinted at yet again in GW's latest flagship series is most certainly noteworthy.

....I (and everybody else) am well aware of all of these things. But given the ending & the escalating nature of Slaanesh's involvement in the narrative, Fulgrim being hinted at yet again in GW's latest flagship series is most certainly noteworthy.

Fair enough, though from what you posted it sounded as if this was the first time that you had heard of any hints of Fulgrim's return.

Personally, I don't see how it is any more noteworthy than Fulgrim's appearance in the Iron Hands supplement, or Perturabo's battle with Mortarion in the Death Guard codex, seeing as while Slaanesh has certainly been heavily involved in the current narrative, it has been from the perspective of its daemons, rather than the Emperor's Children.

Different. Ulthwé ally with some Imperials to fight what is obviously Fulgrim, but are annihilated.

Now that is an intriguing little bit of potential hinting right there.

I really hope I was correct in my theory that this narrative with Shalaxi failing to kill Yvraine is the setup for a future conflict between the Ynnari and the Emperor's Children. It'd certainly be more interesting than Fulgrim going for the rematch against Guilliman. We all know the blue bugger would survive and it'd go against what they said about "trying to make the galaxy feel bigger again", since that'd be the third Traitor Primarch Guilliman would fight. 

Edited by DeadFingers

Fair enough, though from what you posted it sounded as if this was the first time that you had heard of any hints of Fulgrim's return.

Personally, I don't see how it is any more noteworthy than Fulgrim's appearance in the Iron Hands supplement, or Perturabo's battle with Mortarion in the Death Guard codex, seeing as while Slaanesh has certainly been heavily involved in the current narrative, it has been from the perspective of its daemons, rather than the Emperor's Children.

My post made it clear that I wasn't sure if it had been posted already somewhere else when I was away, not because I wasn't sure if it was important.

Well I didn't say it was more or less noteworthy than any other appearance though, did I? It doesn't need to be any more or less noteworthy than any other on an individual level to be important. There is a colossal difference between a one-off name drop and a developing pattern, with Fulgrim quite obviously fitting into the latter. We now have rumours of his presence in 5 separate studio publications since February 2017: 2 of these mention him by name, and of those 2, 1 actually included him speaking. Streets ahead of any other rumoured Primarch. We know that PA has been written far more recently than previous materials and yet he is still being dropped in on a regular basis. It may mean nothing, or it may be future-proofing - part of a scheme to demonstrate that Fulgrim was active in the century preceding the present day so he can be introduced without upending the Indomitus Era narrative. Whether he is with daemons or his Legion matters little. Either way, this appearance is indisputably noteworthy.

It may mean nothing, or it may be future-proofing - part of a scheme to demonstrate that Fulgrim was active in the century preceding the present day so he can be introduced without upending the Indomitus Era narrative. Whether he is with daemons or his Legion matters little. Either way, this appearance is indisputably noteworthy.

Or, and I realize it's a stretch, even a way to reinforce the idea that he has been active for a while previous to events post-Indomitus Crusade like Vigilus so that they can introduce him into the Indomitus Crusade/Psychic Awakening timeline.

It may mean nothing, or it may be future-proofing - part of a scheme to demonstrate that Fulgrim was active in the century preceding the present day so he can be introduced without upending the Indomitus Era narrative. Whether he is with daemons or his Legion matters little. Either way, this appearance is indisputably noteworthy.

Or, and I realize it's a stretch, even a way to reinforce the idea that he has been active for a while previous to events post-Indomitus Crusade like Vigilus so that they can introduce him into the Indomitus Crusade/Psychic Awakening timeline.

I don't think that's a stretch mate, depending on what GW do with the narrative there's a good chance you're right

As for the video - really keen to see the Word Bearers (& a variety of other Legions) appear. Keen keen keen.