Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

You guys are clearly missing the key word. Psychic AWAKENING

And we all know there is one very important sleeping beauty in the lore right now!

That's right, the Lion is waking up from his nap, 100% confirmed 

:wink:

Posting on multiple accounts isn't allowed, Valrak.

And we all know there is one very important sleeping beauty in the lore right now!

Now that's just rude, unlike Valrak, as a loyal son of Caliban I only get excited about the possibility of the Lion instead of any rumors of any lesser primarchs

Now that's just rude, unlike Valrak, as a loyal son of Caliban I only get excited about the possibility of the Lion instead of any rumors of any lesser primarchs

Lesser?

And you think the Lion awaking with psychic powers would be an outstanding example...

...oh boy, I know someone who will have a back-breaking-berserker mood once he hears of another "gifted" Brother

Don't forget that GW said it'll affect all factions so it won't be a faction specific event like something about the Emperor or a Primarch. I'm 99% sure it'll be some aftereffects of the warp rift that still ripples through the galaxy.

the golden throne failing and the Emperor transending in to the star child ...

demons now enter terra - chaos

Start child being an actual god - imperium

damage to the webway - all aeldri 

turning off the beacon that the nids have been heading for - nids

psychic backlash of a new god being born - tau get psychers

the wards around the dragons prison on mars failing complety - necrons

general confussion and war in the galaxy - orks

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

The future awakening of humanity as a psychic race has been in the lore since the days of Rogue Trader as the greatest threat (the Emperor even launched the whole Great Crusade to help mankind avoid such fate). Just imagine all the humans in the galaxy becoming as psychically attuned as the Eldar where before the Fall: it might be the birth of a new Chaos god (but this won't happen, I think).

The Rogue Trader fluff wasn't that humanity's growing psychic power was a 'threat' but that it was a dangerous step on the road to a positive win condition. The Great Crusade wasn't about avoiding humanity becoming a psychic race which is unavoidable, it was about controlling it.

The first detailed Emperor fluff was that his goal was to manage and promote humanity's transition into a psychic race. The Old Ones were psychic but didn't create chaos and the Orks don't either because they're psychologically too well adjusted even if that's to violence.

Its all derived from New Age themes which were part of the SF influence soup that went into 40k.

Don't forget that GW said it'll affect all factions so it won't be a faction specific event like something about the Emperor or a Primarch. I'm 99% sure it'll be some aftereffects of the warp rift that still ripples through the galaxy.

Yeah, I don’t really think it’ll be the emperor. However it’s hard to see how that wouldn’t affect all the factions :)

Endless spells, one is gorkamorka and one is a ghost primarch Sanguinius, summoned by the psychic awakening and pleas for deliverance from millions of humans in imperium nihilus

I'd rather see the Ghost of Ferrus manus leading the Legion of the Damned.

I think they have "something" planned for sanguinius, whether its "possesion" or the proto primarch I dunno.

Ghost Ferrus leading the LotD would be epic and sort of a catch-all Imperial ally.

Orks getting Gork/Mork style entities would be fun. Everything Ork is pretty fun.

Chaos will likely get increased access to Daemon summoning, though I hope it will be something more inspired.

What would Eldar factions get, just ever-more increased psychic abilities?

Necrons, as stated, could easily get Pariahs and noctilith terrain but maybe something to do with the C'Tan would be a fun twist? A return, in part anyway not across all Dynasties, to the lore of yesteryear when they were they masters of the Necrons, not shards enslaved by them (3rd edition).

Tyranids are similar to Eldar in that I feel like they will just get far more effective in the psychic phase.

I'm interested in endless spells in space, and would be interested in seeing physical psychic barriers as cover or other sum such models akin to what AoS got. That being said I hope it's optional for matched play.

As a DA player, I've got 0 interest in the Lion coming back. I'd rather see Dorn, Corax, Vulkan, Russ, and Ferrus all come back before the Lion.

Because it's just going to be a let down no matter what, and will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth here.

Really hope this has something to do with the psychic awakening of the human race, but even Endless Psychic Powers would be preferable to the Lion waking up.

If the leaked white dwarf preview means anything, I fully believe the Lion will be the next loyal Primarch to return .... although it would be my last choice as well (together with Dorn to be honest).

Unless GW goes full-derp and joins the meme train. Then it could become 'interesting'

can't spell rebellion without lion after all :teehee::tongue.:
Edited by sfPanzer

I really hope it isn't endless spells in space. I don't want everything to become psyched focused in game. I know that psykers are important to the lore for all sorts of good reasons, but they're already important enough to gameplay.

I really hope it isn't endless spells in space. I don't want everything to become psyched focused in game. I know that psykers are important to the lore for all sorts of good reasons, but they're already important enough to gameplay.

Doesn't matter if they ultimately want you to pick up another £15 Expansion Book + £20 box of Psychic Power models.

I don't think "psychic awakening" has anything to do with the Lion awakening unless Aeldari/xenos psykers help to awaken him or something along those lines.

I also think it would make more sense from a commercial perspective to hold really big-name Primarchs like the Lion or Russ in reserve , in case 40K ever needs a major sales boost. Guys like Vulkan, Corax, the Khan, and even the ghost of Ferrus Manus could return to the setting or make appearances before someone as popular as the Lion or Russ returns.

It doesn't have to be strictly psychic for factions who don't use psykers. AoS has Khorne "endless spells" too and they are simply a manifestations that get summoned by Slaughterpriests. Likewise SoB can probably manifest miracle stuff with their faith. :P

It doesn't have to be strictly psychic for factions who don't use psykers. AoS has Khorne "endless spells" too and they are simply a manifestations that get summoned by Slaughterpriests. Likewise SoB can probably manifest miracle stuff with their faith. :P

Yep.

Necron could get more imprisoned ctan or some crazy tech thing.

Tau could get mini drone swarms, or something with ai.

I agree with whoever said they expect " endless spells + malign portents"

So models for every faction + a campaign