Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

"Models for every faction" and having "a significant impact on every Warhammer 40,000 faction" are very different statements.

As usual it's good to temper your expectations with GW. For example, Necrons have received 2 plastic characters and 1 dual build Super-heavy kit (I think maybe the Scythe kit came out after the Codex as well but rules were in it) since the 5th edition Codex was released despite everything that's happened in the intervening years.

Edited by NTaW

How much production capability do people think GW has?

I mean are  GW going to make 'endless spells for every faction' whilst making all the new SM unit boxes & a full new range (sisters of Battle (well I hope they are making them now so they are ready to ship)) whilst still making the existing plastics.?... and thats just for 40K...

Edited by Slasher956

Heres going my lack of sleep induced prediction:

Belakor, Ghaz and Helbrecth. Free for all somewhere around the galaxy. Probably a planet.

On Ghaz I agree. Or some new gigantic Ork, though that would be lame

"Ancient darkness rises" could be so many things in the 40k universe though. My first thought was Necrons but Bel'akor is plausible as well.

"Faith is tested" also could mean everything or nothing. Could be a throwaway line or could refer to a faction with focus on faith stuff like .... Sisters of Battle which we know will come later this year. :wink:

Also something about "faith is tested", "everything has let to this", "psychic awakening" and the developments in the Dark Imperium novels makes me think something is going on with the Emperor as well. :whistling:

Edited by sfPanzer

Isn't there a Cawl book around Sotha?

I'm sure the can fix the pharos beacon, replace the fuse and all that.

The great work from Guy Haley.

With that beacon working on Ultramar! (Who would have guessed) there is no need to the Emperor to be bound to the Throne and boom a new God is born.

"The novel brings the Magos Biologis to Sotha, once the home world of the Scythes of the Emperor, and long before that a key planet in an empire long forgotten. This story has big ramifications for the lore of Warhammer 40,000."

Oh my.

So Orks, Necrons and Imperium?

Helbrecht will follow ghaz to the ends of the galaxy to fulfil his oath of slaying him.

Edited by Sete

I would like to see some new blood, even if it is ancient in age. Getting tired of the same characters crossing the rubricon, getting even bigger new models, and generally being around decades in real life. Is this a rare opinion?

At least the Tau, Drukhari, or Necron factions are unlikely to have an old character in a new model given the scarcity of those factions having psychic powerhouses.

I really hope this is a new "gathering storm" style book, vigilus wasn't.

I'd liek to see multiple "primarch" tier things show up.

Ghaz, whatevers on Tiamet, Belkalor, another primarch, lorgar, fulgrim

"War Calls" is the final part of the Aeldari chant to Khaine. Given that it's Chaos analogues (Greater Daemons) are now all in plastic and much larger and the current model is 25 years old (give or take a few months) I wouldn't be shocked to see it updated to a larger, plastic version.

Hope not, just started painting my old one!!

"War Calls" is the final part of the Aeldari chant to Khaine. Given that it's Chaos analogues (Greater Daemons) are now all in plastic and much larger and the current model is 25 years old (give or take a few months) I wouldn't be shocked to see it updated to a larger, plastic version.

Hope not, just started painting my old one!!

Good news! Your old one will still be legal and it's statlines will be hilariously absurd given that the new model will be four times the size. Enjoy your strength 19, toughness 37 model with 108 attacks!

What before plastic aspects?

Yes. Most of the Aspect Warriors are newer by a good 15 years, Warp Spiders being the exception. The Avatar is more in need of a resculpt. And the Avatar is connected to this event by way of the video. Aspect Warriors aren't and so, are irrelevant to the conversation.

Well they could feasibly release aspects alongside the avatar - after all, no court of the young king, no avatar :)

And then have the avatar of khaine fighting against the avatar of ynnead because... Reasons

Well they could feasibly release aspects alongside the avatar - after all, no court of the young king, no avatar :smile.:

And then have the avatar of khaine fighting against the avatar of ynnead because... Reasons

They could also release the Phoenix Lords in plastic, update the Guardian kit and do some plastic Warlocks, but they won't. This isn't an Aeldari release, it's a release that the Aeldari are part of. If we were getting a new Aeldari Codex and Supplements, then I'd be saying plastic Aspect Warriors. As it is, I think the Avatar of Khaine and some endless psychic powers is sadly the most Aeldari can hope for.

How much production capability do people think GW has?

I mean are  GW going to make 'endless spells for every faction' whilst making all the new SM unit boxes & a full new range (sisters of Battle (well I hope they are making them now so they are ready to ship)) whilst still making the existing plastics.?... and thats just for 40K...

The AoS Endless Spells are made in China.

Thoughts, more on it.

Orks:

Beast ghaz

Skarr Boyz

Models for warp eads

Imperium

Sisters release

Grey knights ( primaris, and a new bigger nemisis)

Yarrick

Templars

Chaos

New khorne zerkers

Angron ( even though I would love for lorgar return and fight the essechiraly for the spirit of the imperiums people)

I think this is what we might get.

Will lead into March of next year when a new loyalist returns. (I still think it's between Russ and lion)

-----

I think Blackstone fortress at the height of the story will reveal that dorn has been lost in the labyrinth trying to get to the control room.

Edited by Triszin

In the video, the most interesting hint is the symbol that is shown at the end (all of the animation prior assembles the elements of the symbol).

sml_gallery_26_548_362102.png

It looks like the stylized "I" of various organizations with the Imperium. We haven't seen that exact symbol used for any previously known Imperial organizations (as far as I can recall). It is similar in many ways to that of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, but is a bit more fancy and adds lines emanating out from the eye. The eye itself is strongly reminiscent of the eyes incorporated into the runes for Aeldari psykers.

Ignoring all of the stuff about special rules, this might be a new campaign/event in the setting, replacing Vigilus and including some developments that will feature some level of significant Warp activity (potentially a Warp incursion to be faced by appropriate Imperial units).

You'll have to forgive my ignorance regarding the symbology of Imperial organizations, but I just noticed something I can't believe has escaped me until now. Even though this symbol is noticeably different from the Adeptus Astra Telepathica symbol, the new BSF Psyker seems to be sporting it. Or at least it looks more like this one than the Telepathica symbol.

ac7nalcztqg21.jpg

Again, I don't know a lot about Imperial symbology so maybe this is just a stylized version of the Telepathica symbol, and even if it is the Awakening symbol it may amount to nothing, but I still find it curious.

Edited by DeadFingers