Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Not to sound like a broken record, but if that's not Endless Spells in 40k manifesting I don't know what is... right down to the 'holy manifestations' for the devout/non-psyker factions.

Pretty much. Flock of golden eagles, pillar of purging flame, Emperor angelic/golden spirits, that's three that sound very specific and uh, sculptable, for lack of a better word. Almost like their descriptions are based on models they've had in a shelf somewhere for a while.

Even the faith shield could be turned into one. In AoS we have a Prismatic Palisade endless spell that's supposed to be HUGE in fluff too.

Very annoyed that such a substantial chunk of lore is behind the LE paywall. I wouldn't mind so much if it was 16 pages of lore added on to a campaign book that already had 100 (like a limited edition novel having a short story at the end) but when F&F effectively only has c. 18 pages to begin with it really feels like we got shortchanged.

Here is the passage that people seem most interested in:

Yet, as the blood of the faithful spilled, spears of golden light broke through the stained armaglass windows of the Honorificum. As the prayers of the God-Emperor’s servants echoed over screams and gunfire it seemed, to astonished onlookers, that the dead souls of Benediction arose to protect the living.

Golden, skull-faced spirits swept forth from ancient tombs and reliquaries, rising high into the heavens to encircle the Grand Honorificum. These manifestations formed a shield of impassable light, a radiant halo that filled the faithful who looked upon it with renewed hope. Daemons and heretics that attempted to force their way through this aegis of faith were burned to ashes. Even the Word Bearers’ artillery could not force a breach in the shield. Where the golden light of the Saint’s Wall shone, the barrier between reality and the nightmare realm of the warp was remade.

Very annoyed that such a substantial chunk of lore is behind the LE paywall. I wouldn't mind so much if it was 16 pages of lore added on to a campaign book that already had 100 (like a limited edition novel having a short story at the end) but when F&F effectively only has c. 18 pages to begin with it really feels like we got shortchanged.

Here is the passage that people seem most interested in:

Yet, as the blood of the faithful spilled, spears of golden light broke through the stained armaglass windows of the Honorificum. As the prayers of the God-Emperor’s servants echoed over screams and gunfire it seemed, to astonished onlookers, that the dead souls of Benediction arose to protect the living.

Golden, skull-faced spirits swept forth from ancient tombs and reliquaries, rising high into the heavens to encircle the Grand Honorificum. These manifestations formed a shield of impassable light, a radiant halo that filled the faithful who looked upon it with renewed hope. Daemons and heretics that attempted to force their way through this aegis of faith were burned to ashes. Even the Word Bearers’ artillery could not force a breach in the shield. Where the golden light of the Saint’s Wall shone, the barrier between reality and the nightmare realm of the warp was remade.

Golden colored AoS Spirit Hosts seems like a cool conversion opportunity at least. 

This is not a "Big Bang" story in the same way as Gathering Storm where several plot hooks were activated at once (Pylons, Fall of Cadia, awakening of Ynnead, return fo Guilliman). This looks more like developing plot hooks for future use. I think that taken over the course of the entire Psychic Awakening, the whole thing will be more "portentious" than background redefining.

From kdash on dakka

Heavy salt.

In a laterpost he implies it's Russ.

I don't believe it, but would be cool

he only new rumours that i've heard, from someone that is usually "on the money" is as follows;

The new model for the DA is a brand new character not previously seen before.

The character release for the Sage of the Beast book is an "enormous" release in terms of game impact. It is apparently one that "people have been guessing at" for a long time now. Which furry SW character could that be, i guess?

Still not 100% sure on who will be vs the T'au in their book, but, as the characters getting released have mainly been Marines so far, i feel like it will probably be Deathwatch, with them also getting their first named Primaris character

Guilliman was basically released out of nowhere with virtually no buildup. That being said I don't think this rumour is at all accurate.

He was in the climax of the Gathering Storm, not in the middle child of the series

Guilliman was basically released out of nowhere with virtually no buildup. That being said I don't think this rumour is at all accurate.

He was in the climax of the Gathering Storm, not in the middle child of the series

Didn't say otherwise; the point was that it was brought about at great speed with virtually no leadup. The leak of his arrival was so shocking at the time it completely derailed GW & FW's marketing for the first quarter. And unlike the Gathering Storm, Psychic Awakening is not a consecutively occurring narrative. I don't think he'll drop in the middle of a series either, thus my skepticism, but I also don't think "they wouldn't drop a Primarch out of nowhere" is much of an argument