Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

If it’s book 6, that might be the end of the series before a reveal of a new version of the game.

I know many people say GW said there were going to be rules for every factions, however I can't find this statement. There has been a lot of PA posts though. The only thing I can find is the first PA post on the PA site that says

"The Psychic awakening is coming, and it’s going to shake things up across the galaxy with ramifications for every faction in the 41st Millennium."

Ramifications doesn't mean rules, a single Primarch-level character is enough to shake up the Galaxy before, I suspect it is enough again.

If it’s book 6, that might be the end of the series before a reveal of a new version of the game.

I know many people say GW said there were going to be rules for every factions, however I can't find this statement. There has been a lot of PA posts though. The only thing I can find is the first PA post on the PA site that says

"The Psychic awakening is coming, and it’s going to shake things up across the galaxy with ramifications for every faction in the 41st Millennium."

Ramifications doesn't mean rules, a single Primarch-level character is enough to shake up the Galaxy before, I suspect it is enough again.

It was part of the Announcemrnt of PA and included a picture, for those to lazy to read, that needed to be adjusted to include missing factions.

So they SAID and SHOWED ALL Factions.

And getting either Russ OR a Beast Ghazkull right before 9th Edition?

Oh yea cool, can't wait for the nerfs a few months later, once the new edition starts.

Nova-WarCom-InShort53ujs.jpg

Nova-Aug29-40k-NewRaceIcons8frs-500x377.

Glad someone could find it.  Going to nitpick and "models you will not believe..." so far its been pretty mild. Yes they are great looking models but its been redone/primarisify of old characters. I can't think of anything new, unless they are including SoB as part of it.

Just finishing reading the handful of fluff pages from Blood of Baal; nothing of real note happens. Maybe there's more to it in the LE copy. References to a Crimson Mentor for the awakening psychics of the human race at the very end, a little tee up for the next book I guess.

I agree with Jarl, I have seen nothing unbelievable in models and will add that I haven't read anything in the three books released that is more than just setup for a later narrative.

Dec. 25th may be a make or break announcement on my end for continued interest in the series.

Edited by NTaW

Glad someone could find it.

You're welcome :wink:

Dec. 25th may be a make or break announcement on my end for continued interest in the series.

I'm sure it's going to be a great announcement (for DA i hope).

First 3 books set up the narrative, next 3 things gets juicy, last 3 ends with a climax.

Glad someone could find it.

You're welcome :wink:

I'm sure it's going to be a great announcement (for DA i hope).

First 3 books set up the narrative, next 3 things gets juicy, last 3 ends with a climax.

I can't see how the first books set up any coherent narrative. They do not move the story in a conspicous manner, especially the 1st (with so fascinating "immortal Drazhar vs immortal Yvraine and immortal Jain Zar + 0 Ynnari development" plot) and the 3rd (BA  stuck in fight with Nids around Baal for years to come). I don't expect other books to deliver any "real" events and I doubt GW ever planned them with intention of moving fluff forward. The whole Psychic Awakening is only testing a new way of updating the game - instead of waiting for your codex+big release you get mini-supplement with a new model (what does not mean that new codices are not incoming).  

Just finishing reading the handful of fluff pages from Blood of Baal; nothing of real note happens. Maybe there's more to it in the LE copy. References to a Crimson Mentor for the awakening psychics of the human race at the very end, a little tee up for the next book I guess.

I agree with Jarl, I have seen nothing unbelievable in models and will add that I haven't read anything in the three books released that is more than just setup for a later narrative.

The only meaningful news is Black Rage for Primaris. Aside form that, tidbits like dealing with psykers without Black Ships. 

Edited by Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Glad someone could find it.  Going to nitpick and "models you will not believe..." so far its been pretty mild. Yes they are great looking models but its been redone/primarisify of old characters. I can't think of anything new, unless they are including SoB as part of it.

Couple of redone xeno witches (all elder are witches)with squads, a heretic witch that was new, and a redone Mephiston that I thought was genuinely great... even though he too is a witch. But overall, I've felt that the models for PA has been really disappointing which is in stark contrast to what has been claimed so far

The only meaningful news is Black Rage for Primaris. Aside form that, tidbits like dealing with psykers without Black Ships.

I am ever dismayed by how "marines centric" everyone's view of the 40k universe seems to be.

Most guardsmen can go a lifetime without ever seeing a Space Marine, let's not even talk about regular imperial citizens. A bunch of Blood Angels going berzerk is at best a footnote in imperial history - if you want it to be considred a novelty at all*. When the population of an entire world gets turned into psykers, when the prayers of a bunch of nonames conjures an impassable wall that literally destroys daemons, when a black ship blows up from the inside, those are major, MAJOR news. If the black ships cannot control psykers, then they cannot be delivered to Terra to feed the emperor join the Astronomican choir.

In what you call tidbits, I see the phenomenons typically associated with chaos gods, except for servants of the emperor. The big E ascending to godhood, that's something else.

Just my 2 cents.

* : oh, big surprise, Cawl didn't fix anything, Primaris Marines are not Marie Sues, how "unexpected"...

I am ever dismayed by how "marines centric" everyone's view of the 40k universe seems to be.

Most guardsmen can go a lifetime without ever seeing a Space Marine, let's not even talk about regular imperial citizens. A bunch of Blood Angels going berzerk is at best a footnote in imperial history - if you want it to be considred a novelty at all*. When the population of an entire world gets turned into psykers, when the prayers of a bunch of nonames conjures an impassable wall that literally destroys daemons, when a black ship blows up from the inside, those are major, MAJOR news. If the black ships cannot control psykers, then they cannot be delivered to Terra to feed the emperor join the Astronomican choir.

In what you call tidbits, I see the phenomenons typically associated with chaos gods, except for servants of the emperor. The big E ascending to godhood, that's something else.

Just my 2 cents.

* : oh, big surprise, Cawl didn't fix anything, Primaris Marines are not Marie Sues, how "unexpected"...

Considering we are talking about Blood of Baal which is all about BA with Nids and non-marines barely mentioned only in order not to call it Codex BA: The Appendix or Devastation of Baal: The Postscript? I dare to claim BR is one of the most important if not the most important "novelty" in the PA3. The book does not contain any significant news for the Imperium as a whole and  if it had not been written, nothing would have changed for the big picture. And yes, BA handling of psykers is a tidbit, because: a). it considers only BA handling of them, a small fraction of Imperium Nihilus. due to The Great Rift most of them cannot be transported to Terra anyway; c). the BA problems end up with "kill some, keep some" solution. As for the rest of your argument, how are more frequent miracles any news? BL already has dwelt on this subject pretty heavily in the last books and the interaction between faith and Chaos played part in Vigilus. PA2 does not introduce this theme but sticks to the existing, albeit fresh, lore. And i can't belive that no Black Ship ever has been lost. Sure thing, circumstances of the loss of this particular one are interesting, but untill they all start going up in flames like some grimdark  Hindenburg-fest this incident will remain a "footnote" as well.

Edited by Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Just my 2 cents.

Gotta agree with you here.

The reference to magnus was also an eye brow raiser for me.

I've been really surprised and disappointed at how slight the PA books have been.

I guess I saw it coming when volume 1 was released, each book only has about 18 pages of fluff, which is of course very little.

As a consequence, each book so far has disappointed and imparted very little info. I had thought we would get something more along the lines of Warzone Fenris duology, or Gathering Storm. But this is more like booklets in terms of narrative.

This got posted in our WhatsApp group. Not sure on which forum he found it:

The events of the psychic awakening all take place before the Plague Wars.
The reason they have done the series is because 'the Indomitus Crusade was being described as Roboute Guilliman going around the galaxy in the vengabus saving the day. We wanted to show how grim it actually was during that time. Each book shows an example of what each faction MAY be experiencing.'
I asked if it was building to a major event and they said 'No! There is something coming and there are subtle hints throughout the books. Which book are we up to?' I responded that I had been lucky enough to have read Blood of Baal as a reviewer. He said 'ah ok. It won't have become clear yet.'
They recognise that the Primaris release and return of Guilliman was done poorly and this is an attempt to fill that in.
I got from what he was saying that this is leading to a new sandbox and the story will stop moving forward.
When I asked if the story arcs from Psychic Awakening have all concluded by the Plague Wars the answer was 'yes' and they both nodded at the same time.

So is this going to end with the last book for plague wars coming out?

Where Robby g is being messed up by Mort, mag and another loyalist shows up to save him

It sounds to me more like nothing of the open stuff in the PA books is continuing by the time Plague Wars comes around, not that there will be another Plague Wars book as finale to PA.

I got from what he was saying that this is leading to a new sandbox and the story will stop moving forward.

I don't like this and sort of don't believe this. There has been so many hints Fulgrim, Angron, Ghaz, new Nids (or is it Orks I forget whatever skar-something), and then the lack of loyalist counterparts for them just to stop. It would be a bad time to stop at this point. The reason why pre-Guilluman worked was that they Primarchs were almost a myth, and the imperium was stuck in constant give-take with everyone. Noone had expectations of it changing, and thus were happy. Now there is expectations to change, there is anger about "when will their Primarch return", the primaris armies feel incomplete, so many questions and the players deserve those answers Edited by Jarl Caldersson

I asked if it was building to a major event and they said 'No! There is something coming and there are subtle hints throughout the books. Which book are we up to?' I responded that I had been lucky enough to have read Blood of Baal as a reviewer. He said 'ah ok. It won't have become clear yet.'

If the "something" hinted throughout the books turns out to be Fulgrim then they aren't being very subtle about it.

If the "something" hinted throughout the books turns out to be Fulgrim then they aren't being very subtle about it.

Was thinking the same thing. Though he also said that it's not clear by PA3 yet so perhaps not Fulgrim after all.

I think the events of Collectors PA2 paints a picture of what's happening. I think it's a fair assumption that the ritual the alpha legion partook in is probably where this story is going. Is big E becoming a god? Is the psykic awakening the literal birth of the God of Imperial faith? Will that have the same ramifications as the birth of Slaanesh ? Edited by Guzzlrr

Was thinking the same thing. Though he also said that it's not clear by PA3 yet so perhaps not Fulgrim after all.

It's true that it could be anything at this point, I'm not sure myself, but if it is Fulgrim, then it isn't subtle at all. He's been active since the Gathering Storm, so at least he fits in this alleged pre-Plague Wars timeline. I'm thinking the Emperor's Children might be the "reinforcements from the Warp" mentioned in Faith and Fury's cliffhanger from that reddit thread.

Or if it is endless spells for 40k, or the Emperor becoming a full Warp entity, or something along those lines, then it's not subtle either.