Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

- another loyal primarch appears (corax or russ)

I gotta ask, why Corax? Wouldn't Vulkan make more sense as a second choice for a Primarch return with Armageddon as the background?

Corax has been speculated to the Labyrinth and back - he's still around during the 41st, confirmed, so he's very likely.

Corax has been speculated to the Labyrinth and back - he's still around during the 41st, confirmed, so he's very likely.

I don't dispute that, but in the context of Armageddon, I don't think he'd be the most approporiate choice for a return. Unless he's there specifically for Angron, since his mission still is hunting down his traitorous brothers, but with Ghaz on the scene too, I feel like Vulkan would be a better choice. I'd even put him slightly over Russ in that specific scenario.

Looks like the Tau are getting a new Shadowsun model that has weapon options and can be taken with any Sept for PA.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/04/reveals-from-the-new-year-open-day-2020gw-homepage-post-1/

Do you think guys think PA5 is Tau vs GSC? I know some of the Shadowsun pics show GSC but the caption says they have to wait to reveal who the Tau play against.

Edited by Putrid Choir

I know but on the post from January 4th (today) on the community site just shows Shadowsun by herself and says:

"Shadowsun drops in alongside the release of book 5 of Psychic Awakening, titled “The Greater Good”, but we’ll have to wait a little bit longer before we find out who the T’au will be up against."

My thoughts is it might not be GSC, why show pics of them but then say we don't know who the Tau are fighting.

The screenshot is a quick grab from the video ad, only enemy models shown are GSC.

I think it's a safe bet they are the other side but there's always the chance the studio set up GSC pics just for the ad and didn't just pull the pic from the new Psychic Awakening book.

Edited by NTaW

They held the Chaos Sorcerer back about eight months to fit with PA, it could be they've done the same with Shadowsun, and the pictures of her with GSC are just old shots. 

Seems much more likely it is going to be Tau vs GSC, though :biggrin.:

Edited by Knight Artorias

Short of the video for Shadowsun is there any other reason to believe it's the GSC? I thought death guard were the leading candidates?

shadowsun could have been shown off with models that complimented her scheme.

that doesnt necessarily mean she will be fighting GSC.

But "The greater good"

I could see it being Deathwatch & Tau vs Genecults

Come on guys, since when have GW ever made promo videos for a model that don't directly relate to the event the model gets released with? It's obviously going to be vs GSC whether we like it or not.

My money was on DG but I guess picking up the plothook of the planet where they studied a Genestealer exemplar and then suddenly lost communications with is fitting for something like PA as well.

True, I don't know enough about all the different fluff going on to be a judge. Well the good news is Shadowsun's model looks cool, seems to be getting wargear options and can go with any sept. I know alot of tau players wanted a character that could be any sept, hopefully this pans out. Edited by Putrid Choir

So, I had a thought - why are Space Marines not affected? You'd think with thousands of humans waking up as psykers, SM would start doing so too, especially seeing geneseed can somehow make some of them psykers anyway. It's kind of weird there is no mention of chapters close to the rift having to create whole company of librarians for emergency training, or fielding a squad of psykers in every company. Or is it for gaming reasons, to not upset TS and GK players?

I mean, it's not like it's unprecedented in the lore, Blood Ravens are supposed to have dozens of psykers, to the point they use them to predict and coordinate attacks, especially when technology is unreliable. IMO, 'psychic chapter' rules would fit PA better than most of the SM stuff we got in it and be much more interesting supplement than most of them so far...

Because Space Marines apparently don't evolve anymore. They are a good step apart from regular humans and basically an evolutionary dead-end created by artificial means. Plenty humans have the potential to become psykers but a fully grown Marine either is one or is not.

So, I had a thought - why are Space Marines not affected? You'd think with thousands of humans waking up as psykers, SM would start doing so too, especially seeing geneseed can somehow make some of them psykers anyway. It's kind of weird there is no mention of chapters close to the rift having to create whole company of librarians for emergency training, or fielding a squad of psykers in every company. Or is it for gaming reasons, to not upset TS and GK players?

I mean, it's not like it's unprecedented in the lore, Blood Ravens are supposed to have dozens of psykers, to the point they use them to predict and coordinate attacks, especially when technology is unreliable. IMO, 'psychic chapter' rules would fit PA better than most of the SM stuff we got in it and be much more interesting supplement than most of them so far...

To be fair there are also "levels" for psykers and this could be increasing "latent" psykers that may not ever manifest powers or manifest them on inconsequential levels. 

You being psychically attuned could be "crushing a tank with your mind" or it could be something simple as "snapping your fingers to create a small spark" or something akin to it.

So all these "psychic awakenings" (which is a cool theme, to be fair) could be either very destructive or totally benign depending. I think we will have those answers when Ritual is released.