Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
1599 replies to this topic

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,484 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Its been mentioned in earlier pages of this thread but its literally just the Adeptus Astra Telepathica symbol, its just that none of the imperial departments have a standardized art style for the symbols.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 23 August 2019 - 08:38 PM.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,274 posts

I think regardless of what form it takes, there will undoubtedly be plenty of witches.

Gonna need a bigger crozius

• Burni, Akylas, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

So there's gonna be a preview at NOVA this Wednesday and it seems like it's gonna be a busy one according to the article. This would be the perfect event to shed some light on Psychic Awakening, but I'm slightly worried that with the new AoS army and maybe more info on Space Marine Supplements, plus all the other previews for the other games, they'll keep it under wraps for now. Let's hope they don't.

Edited by DeadFingers, 26 August 2019 - 07:42 PM.

• Triszin likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,679 posts

I just really hope it leads into a new loyal primarch coming abck

banana

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,526 posts
It's official, the Fb page posted that Psychic Awakening will be revealed tomorrow at 8pm EST.
  • Triszin likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,605 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Hoping to see the new Chaos Sorcerer model!

• Master Commander Ajax and Lord Raven 19 like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,679 posts

It's official, the Fb page posted that Psychic Awakening will be revealed tomorrow at 8pm EST.

*Bangs table*

"Primarch"

*Bangs table*

"Primarch"

*Bangs table*

" Another!!!"
  • Noserenda, librisrouge, RikuEru and 1 other like this
banana

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

Ahyup.

t07r5jfgu0j31.jpg

They's putting a lot of emphasis on this affecting everyone, so I'm still firmly on the camp of it being 40k Endless Spells.

• librisrouge likes this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,679 posts
[quote name="DeadFingers" post="5375477" timestamp="1566925502"]

[quote name="NTaW" post="5375426" timestamp="1566920064"]

It's official, the Fb page posted that Psychic Awakening will be revealed tomorrow at 8pm EST.[/quote]
Ahyup.

t07r5jfgu0j31.jpg

They's putting a lot of emphasis on this affecting everyone, so I'm still firmly on the camp of it being 40k Endless Spells.[/quote
I would love if the Tau/necron "powers" are a.i. swarm drone related
banana

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,136 posts
  • Faction: Cosmic Chorus
I suppose that if my Thousand Sons puts the psychic beat stick on my Vior’la army that just takes it, they’d both be affected, right? 😜

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

Well in AoS they managed to give Khorne Endless Spells by saying that they are not magic, but manifestations of Khorne's fury or something like that, so with 40k they can just use the "TECHNOLOGY!" excuse whenever they want.

Edited by DeadFingers, 27 August 2019 - 05:16 PM.

• Triszin and NTaW like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,274 posts

Finally I can note the number of witches in need of purging

• librisrouge, Reclusiarch Krieg and Lord Raven 19 like this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

Finally I can note the number of witches in need of purging

All of them.
  • Amadeo, librisrouge, Reclusiarch Krieg and 3 others like this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,236 posts
Not sure how "Psychic Awakening" ties with a loyalist Primarch returning. Do they psychically awaken the Lion? Seems to be a bit of a stretch. I am guessing this has something to do with new psychic powers rules. Ho-hum

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,919 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
If I were to speculate, I'd place a small wager on a book with new universal psychic disciplines, and a selection of "predatory" psychic effects (with models). Maybe a small selection of missions to play with Warp Storm effects?
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

TorvaldTheMild

TorvaldTheMild

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 600 posts

I think its the Lion, he'll be awakened by some sort of Psychic power.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

If "a new, galaxy-spanning event that’s going to have a significant impact on every Warhammer 40,000 faction" and "massive news for every Warhammer 40000 player" refer to a loyalist Primarch returning, GW seriously need to rethink their wording for these things. If it was just every faction, then sure, a Primarch returns, he might do some stuff that has an impact on most factions, but I seriously doubt "every Warhammer 40000 player" gives a damn about a Primarch.

However, while I doubt the Psychic Awakening itself to be the return of a Primarch, it might be the start of a series of events that lead up to a Primarch, and maybe some other things, who knows.

Edited by DeadFingers, 27 August 2019 - 06:19 PM.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Well in AoS they managed to give Khorne Endless Spells by saying that they are not magic, but manifestations of Khorne's fury or something like that, so with 40k they can just use the "TECHNOLOGY!" excuse whenever they want.

You could have gone for the classic "NANOMACHINES!", but no... you didn't and now I am disappointed.

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

slitth

slitth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts
  • Faction: The Silver Scaled
The webway expands. Opening up for new portals, new tunnels and new technology.
Ork, men and other races now have the knowledge to open new portals and make new tunnels.
This not only open new zones of conflict, but also new tactics on the battlefield.

hydra_sidnature_by_slitth-dbor4yp.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

You could have gone for the classic "NANOMACHINES!", but no... you didn't and now I am disappointed.

If a Venture Bros clip disappoints you, then there's nothing that can be done.

• Lexington, Triszin, RikuEru and 1 other like this

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,526 posts
If we do get endless spells in space I would welcome technosorceries to my Necron army. Waves of Scarabs, chronometron effects, visible C'Tan conjurations, Cryptek conclaves; there's options!
  • Triszin likes this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Hoping to see the new Chaos Sorcerer model!

Ahh that’s a good shout! That was the only rumour engine picture from the Chaos release that we didn’t see a release for right?
  • Marshal Loss likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,679 posts

If we do get endless spells in space I would welcome technosorceries to my Necron army. Waves of Scarabs, chronometron effects, visible C'Tan conjurations, Cryptek conclaves; there's options!

for necron I could see "time dilation" as a "psykic" equivalent power .

For Tau "A.I, or drone swarms"

banana

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I actually hope that GW uses this opportunity to extend the T'au Empires auxilliary races. I'd die for a Kroot shaman. :P

• andes and Oxydo like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,612 posts
Have seen posted elsewhere that the novella Auric Gods suggests what the Awakening is

Makes me think its new units not endless spells

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users