Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Except the Templars

We know.

Everybody knows on the B&C.

And i know that you know.

It's a dead horse, twice revived, thrice slain.

Anyone of the Big Four got a big character, so far.

Plus, luckily, all the other First Founding Chapters.

No Crimson Fist, Flesh Tearer or - sadly - Black Templar. Yet.

With the efforts put into last year's survey to show them that nee Black Templars are wanted (similiar to Sororitas the year before) I don't doubt we will see something over time.

...maybe even as versatile and customisable as the DA Master/Lazarus.

But Black Templars already got their spot in PA. So that ship has sailed.

DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Anyone else feel that there will be a Round 2 of PA?

It feels like they are constantly setting up bigger battles/re-matches for the near future.

Hot take idea:

Psychic Awakening will end once all factions got their new rules/update til summer.

Edition 8.5/9 Releases, with update/streamlined/clarified general rules.

... and THEN we get a follow-up to or second half of Psychic Awakening.

Instead of update 8.5 Codices, as would be the norm after a new Edition, the new faction rules/new unit datasheets (with everything from psychic Awakening already incorporated) come inside the new campaign books.

Ideally they split them up like the Curse of the Wulfen/Wrath of Magnus.

One hand, splitted between the two factions/sides involved.

And on the other hanf, they also split them between a slim rules book and a FULL Campaign book. (Not the short excerpts we get for PA)

So you will only need 8.0 Codex + 8.5 Campaign rules book of your faction to play.

Valrak has confirmed Greater Good is Death Guard, GSC, as well as dirty fish people

So after book 6 that potentially leaves

Deathwatch/Knights/Chaos Knights/Guard/Admech/Custodes/Harlequinns/Necrons

So books 7 and 8 would probably be the end of it? One or two of those imperium factions could well be in book 6 too

Except the Templars

We know.

Everybody knows on the B&C.

And i know that you know.

It's a dead horse, twice revived, thrice slain.

Anyone of the Big Four got a big character, so far.

Plus, luckily, all the other First Founding Chapters.

No Crimson Fist, Flesh Tearer or - sadly - Black Templar. Yet.

With the efforts put into last year's survey to show them that nee Black Templars are wanted (similiar to Sororitas the year before) I don't doubt we will see something over time.

...maybe even as versatile and customisable as the DA Master/Lazarus.

But Black Templars already got their spot in PA. So that ship has sailed.

DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Anyone else feel that there will be a Round 2 of PA?

It feels like they are constantly setting up bigger battles/re-matches for the near future.

Hot take idea:

Psychic Awakening will end once all factions got their new rules/update til summer.

Instead of update 8.5 Codices, as would be the norm after a new Edition, the new faction rules/new unit datasheets (with everything from psychic Awakening already incorporated) come inside the new campaign books.

Ideally they split them up like the Curse of the Wulfen/Wrath of Magnus.

One hand, splitted between the two factions/sides involved.

And on the other hanf, they also split them between a slim rules book and a FULL Campaign book. (Not the short excerpts we get for PA)

So you will only need 8.0 Codex + 8.5 Campaign rules book of your faction to play.

Oh boi, what a childish overreaction. I was simply pointing out the assessment might not be accurate, chief. Maybe try not ascribing malice out of nowhere or smashing that mute button.

Oh boi, what a childish overreaction. I was simply pointing out the assessment might not be accurate, chief. Maybe try not ascribing malice out of nowhere or smashing that mute button.

Don't see everything as a personal attack, just because people elaborate on their point.

...else they might think, rightfully so, that they struck a nerve ;D

I just wanted to 'think it through'.

Because I doubt GW has no love for BT or other Successors, as some doomsayers might say.

That they put work into rules (whatever their actual worth ingame) for them at all, shows it isn't so.

And they could easily release Primaris Characters for Successors later on - if we get a PA: Second Round or any other campaign.

One per Primogenitor. Even a new Salamanders-Successor Primaris Chapter or the Wolf Spear COULD be highlighted then.

Valrak has confirmed Greater Good is Death Guard, GSC, as well as dirty fish people

So books 7 and 8 would probably be the end of it? One or two of those imperium factions could well be in book 6 too

Huh. Death Guard vs. TAU vs. Genestealer Cults?

A three-way match? Or the T'au dealing with DG in one system and GSC in another parallely in the same 'Expansion'?

Either way, it sounds interesting, tho I fear 3 factions in 1 book leaves even less space to elaborate on them (...or give each of them a good story arc).

Guard could then easily be moved into the SW vs Orks fight.

The usual "The Guard stands their ground, until help arrives."

...but a reversal of it, with the Guard (and Navy) arriving in full force to aid the Space Wolves could be a nice change.

Ad mech & Knights vs. Chaos Knights?

Deathwatch vs. Necrons, surely.

Maybe the Harlequins are already crossed off (on GW's list) for PA1.

If not they could either have a showdown with Custodes (Something related to Webway Gates, the Golden Throne or anything else noteworthy)

...or Custodes (and maybe Necrons) get folded into the Deathwatch vs. Necrons narrative.

Custodes, with their primary task [Handing out Primaris gene-seed and knowledge to all surviving Loyal Chapters] now (mostly) done, are also tasked to bring the same to the Death Watch Fortresses and their Apothecaries.

Harlequins jump into the conflict secretly for their own mysterious reasons prevent/secure [insert whatever you think worthy here] and vanish.

Custodes v Quinns makes good lore sense but youd feel theyre two too minor as factions to carry a book

In same vein Chaos Knights are too new and small to be a main protagonist, but can defo see them being in the same book as Knights. Think Chaos Daemons havent featured yet so possible Chaos v Custodes/Imperium/Quinns?

Watch v necrons makes sense too. Not sure why but I like Admech v Necrons as a concept

Id say, custodes vs harlequin vs necron

And everyone else in one book

I could see gaurd Orks and wolves for pa5

Edited by Triszin

Probably, but their progenitor species were grassland grazers, not aquatic swimmers.

Off topic I know, but that whole "fish" misconception bugs me to no end.

I mean the whole fish misconceptions is kinda very in-character for Imperium players I guess, considering how the Imperium gives all the T'au vehicles fish names. :biggrin.:

Edited by Panzer

People who know more about Eldar than me can set me straight on this but why werent Harlequinns in the first book? Id be surprised if they were being saved for having a big role to play

They werent, as in, no rules (not even a single mission stratagem like SoB) and their faction icon wasnt represented on the website phoenix rising feature (whereas SoB was on F&F).. could be GW forgot.. could well be that harlequin still get their go.

I personally think they are still to come, next to custodes like others say and other imperial agents types vs chaos daemons, a follow up on things put down in the first book and the preview trailers of PA ( lord inquisitor in communication with the harlequin veilwalker, and the female imperial agent (some think stern) and her harlequin henchman.

Hot take idea:

I've read that GW won't move the plot for quite some time once we're done with Psychic Awakening.

So probably no campaign until everyone get a new Codex.

Watch v necrons makes sense too. Not sure why but I like Admech v Necrons as a concept

AdMech vs Necrons could continue the story threads started in Forgebane so would certainly be plausible.

Those threads actually started even before Forgebane, that was just the first real exploration of them, so I do hope they follow up on it more.

I expect ghaz in pa6.

I don't expect Ragnar, imho.

:(

I’d say there’s a strong possibility of both. As has been noted, every other SM Chapter featured so far in PA has gotten a Primaris Special Character of some kind, and I doubt they’d skimp on the most popular Chapter of all. For Orks, between some of the weird Legends mismatches and preview images, it’s looking pretty likely that we’re going to be getting a sizable greenskin release with The Saga of the Beast, and Ghaz seems like a no-brainer to include along with it.

How often does Regimental Standard hook into near-future releases? Curious, given past we've now had a Rumour Engine that strongly suggests, and a Regimental Standard that includes Catachans.

I wonder if they'll be the Astra Militarum faction that gets the most focus in a future PA release.