Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

How often does Regimental Standard hook into near-future releases? Curious, given past we've now had a Rumour Engine that strongly suggests, and a Regimental Standard that includes Catachans.

I wonder if they'll be the Astra Militarum faction that gets the most focus in a future PA release.

Valrak has confirmed Greater Good is Death Guard, GSC, as well as dirty fish people

So after book 6 that potentially leaves

Deathwatch/Knights/Chaos Knights/Guard/Admech/Custodes/Harlequinns/Necrons

So books 7 and 8 would probably be the end of it? One or two of those imperium factions could well be in book 6 too

Id say, custodes vs harlequin vs necron

And everyone else in one book

I could see gaurd Orks and wolves for pa5

Looks like youre right, PA to be 8 books, guard and deathwatch probably in saga of the beast, you probably called last book correctly

Book 7 icons confirms knights, chaos knight, admech, and... chaos in general? Just an 8 pointed star. Going with Deamon engines, since that'll fit with book theme.

970f25a3.jpg

So that leaves Deathwatch//Guard/Custodes/Harlequinns/Necrons.

Some of which could be put in either PA5 or PA6, supposedly. I'm guessing we'll go at most up to PA9, probably just 8?

Book 7 icons confirms knights, chaos knight, admech, and... chaos in general? Just an 8 pointed star. Going with Deamon engines, since that'll fit with book theme.

This supplement will see the war for the Imperium’s soul kick into high gear, as Imperial Knights, Chaos Knights, the Adeptus Mechanicus and Daemons of Chaos battle amidst revelations of hidden sub-cults, twisted schemes and even more surprises…

Edited by DeadFingers

so my speculation boils down to two leftover trees, buth culmilating in an enemy that was not part of the initial icons. As before I am likely wrong ;)

PA6 Orks vs Space Wolves & Guard
PA8 Necron vs Deathwatch
PA9 Harlequins & Custodes(+SoS) vs Enemy
in wich case the enemy would be a follow up on the start of the psychic awakening, and the female inquisitor and her harlequin sidekicks storyline. (both of them in fact.) thus "the force that darkens stars and blackens souls" or something. As I think a whole new xenos faction is unlikely, possibly its just Emperors children with fulgrim then.

or

PA6 Orks vs Space Wolves
PA8 Necron vs Deathwatch vs Harlequins (makes sense with the Szeras rumors)
PA9 Imperial guard & Custodes(+SoS) vs Enemy

in wich case the enemy would be a culmination of the whole growing psykers among humanity angle.. so likely Lost and the damnedish. (not necessarily new models but rather double use guard and some odd allies.) and the Necron story angle is the new danger.

or a very unorthodox;

PA6 Orks vs Space Wolves & Deathwatch
PA8 Imperial guard vs Kroot (suprise)     <--- boxset with new Kroot character & unit + old plastic kroot on one side, and Catachans (with ogryns or something.) on the other.
PA9 Harlequins & Custodes(+SoS) vs Necrons

How often does Regimental Standard hook into near-future releases? Curious, given past we've now had a Rumour Engine that strongly suggests, and a Regimental Standard that includes Catachans.

I wonder if they'll be the Astra Militarum faction that gets the most focus in a future PA release.

My local GW manager told me the time table from Regimental Standard to pre order, but I cannot remember how long sadly. But there us a fixed time table

Maybe bad news for Wolves in the lore if theyre up against Ghaz without major allies

Very bad news indeed. Ghaz will have to find some more mates before the Space Wolves find him. Otherwise it'll be over before they get to the fun bits.. :biggrin.:

Edited by Karhedron

Looks like 9 books now

Maybe bad news for Wolves in the lore if theyre up against Ghaz without major allies

Wouldn't be surprised if pa6, has ghaz beat wolves down, mortally wound Ragnar, something happens and ragnar is sucked into the warp.

Then wolves go on the Jason and argonauts quest in the upcoming audio drama to find him and he becomes primaris and heavy handed hints of Russ returning