Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
1262 replies to this topic

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

How often does Regimental Standard hook into near-future releases? Curious, given past we've now had a Rumour Engine that strongly suggests, and a Regimental Standard that includes Catachans.

I wonder if they'll be the Astra Militarum faction that gets the most focus in a future PA release.

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

All the next PA books and factions here :

http://www.bolterand...s/#entry5462321

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,492 posts
That list was speculation by Mawr, then someone took it and said look a leak!

It's just sodvulation, not a leak
banana

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
A catachan unit box and character would be great. They have shown what can be achieved with the battle sisters box now and there's no reason it couldn't include appropriate command stuff as well. Would tie in nicely with one of the psychic awakening books. Could also introduce some nice jungle fighting rules.
  • Triszin likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,492 posts

would be cool if PA6 is catachan also.

but The amount of fixes wolves need, and orks could use might fill up a book byitself.

• Dark Shepherd likes this
banana

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts

Valrak has confirmed Greater Good is Death Guard, GSC, as well as dirty fish people

So after book 6 that potentially leaves
Deathwatch/Knights/Chaos Knights/Guard/Admech/Custodes/Harlequinns/Necrons

So books 7 and 8 would probably be the end of it? One or two of those imperium factions could well be in book 6 too

Id say, custodes vs harlequin vs necron

And everyone else in one book

I could see gaurd Orks and wolves for pa5

Looks like youre right, PA to be 8 books, guard and deathwatch probably in saga of the beast, you probably called last book correctly
  • Triszin likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,492 posts
If that's the case, I say the last book will be called "the war in heaven" or something akin

And 50/50 dw are in pa8, or pa6

Edited by Triszin, Today, 12:15 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this
banana

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts

Book 7 icons confirms knights, chaos knight, admech, and... chaos in general? Just an 8 pointed star. Going with Deamon engines, since that'll fit with book theme.

970f25a3.jpg

So that leaves Deathwatch//Guard/Custodes/Harlequinns/Necrons.

Some of which could be put in either PA5 or PA6, supposedly. I'm guessing we'll go at most up to PA9, probably just 8?

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,123 posts

Book 7 icons confirms knights, chaos knight, admech, and... chaos in general? Just an 8 pointed star. Going with Deamon engines, since that'll fit with book theme.

This supplement will see the war for the Imperium’s soul kick into high gear, as Imperial Knights, Chaos Knights, the Adeptus Mechanicus and Daemons of Chaos battle amidst revelations of hidden sub-cults, twisted schemes and even more surprises…

Edited by DeadFingers, Today, 12:01 PM.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts

and Daemons of Chaos battle

Ah. Whoops. There it was.

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

so my speculation boils down to two leftover trees, buth culmilating in an enemy that was not part of the initial icons. As before I am likely wrong ;)

PA6 Orks vs Space Wolves & Guard
PA8 Necron vs Deathwatch
PA9 Harlequins & Custodes(+SoS) vs Enemy
in wich case the enemy would be a follow up on the start of the psychic awakening, and the female inquisitor and her harlequin sidekicks storyline. (both of them in fact.) thus "the force that darkens stars and blackens souls" or something. As I think a whole new xenos faction is unlikely, possibly its just Emperors children with fulgrim then.

or

PA6 Orks vs Space Wolves
PA8 Necron vs Deathwatch vs Harlequins (makes sense with the Szeras rumors)
PA9 Imperial guard & Custodes(+SoS) vs Enemy

in wich case the enemy would be a culmination of the whole growing psykers among humanity angle.. so likely Lost and the damnedish. (not necessarily new models but rather double use guard and some odd allies.) and the Necron story angle is the new danger.

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

or a very unorthodox;

PA6 Orks vs Space Wolves & Deathwatch
PA8 Imperial guard vs Kroot (suprise)     <--- boxset with new Kroot character & unit + old plastic kroot on one side, and Catachans (with ogryns or something.) on the other.
PA9 Harlequins & Custodes(+SoS) vs Necrons

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,639 posts

Seeing Custodes take on Necrons would cool, would love to see the interaction between those two.

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users