Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Despite Faith and Fury, I suppose an Emperor's Children update with Fabius isn't impossible. We had the Traitor Legion supplement for about six months before 8th edition dropped and rendered the supplement invalid. Even Fabius's own novels are as much about the III Legion as they are about Fabius.

It's a slim possibility, but not totally unlikely.

Despite Faith and Fury, I suppose an Emperor's Children update with Fabius isn't impossible. We had the Traitor Legion supplement for about six months before 8th edition dropped and rendered the supplement invalid. Even Fabius's own novels are as much about the III Legion as they are about Fabius.

It's a slim possibility, but not totally unlikely.

Very unlikely. Better don't hold your breath.

Keep in mind, too, they hinted that Custodes and Sisters of Silence would be combined into "Talons of the Emperor" for their PA book. If I were to make my own predictions:

Harlequins vs Necrons vs Deathwatch -- two ancient foes facing off in Eldar vs Necrons and the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Xenos hunting down both

Talons and Sisters vs Death Guard -- direct involvement of Mortarion requiring the Emperor's "finest" in the Custodes as well as two forces dedicated to facing down witches in the Sisters of Battle and Sisters of Silence

Ooh, I like this.

We now have concrete information on factions involved in War of the Spider:

"Along with background on the battles taking place amid the ruins of the Cadia System, the book will include new rules for the Adeptus Custodes, Sisters of Silence and Imperial Assassins. There are also additional rules for each of the seven Plague Companies of the Death Guard and a new Chaos Space Marines sub-faction called Agents of Bile, representing the twisted creations of the Clonefather."

af8bfb6b.jpg

I guess this really does leave us with Deathwatch, (maybe Sisters,) Harlequins, and Necrons in the 9th (and final?) PA book.

I wonder if Agents of Bile will get access to Undivided options... maybe I'll reboot my Undivided stuff if they do.

I would imagine that's the case given Bile's refusal to submit to the Chaos Gods. The main traitor legions were covered in Faith and Fury so now we'll see renegade Chapters represented with the 'pick your faction rules' allotment with Fabius as a non-aligned HQ option.

Makes me wonder if we'll see Cypher (/Luther?!) and the Fallen represented at some point if Fabius is getting a sort of subfaction status.

I hope there is actual twisted enhanced marines, not minis but rules. That would fit the Aesthetic of my Hellbound perfectly. C'mon GW I ask you to not mess this up, this one thing... 

I hope there is actual twisted enhanced marines, not minis but rules. That would fit the Aesthetic of my Hellbound perfectly. C'mon GW I ask you to not mess this up, this one thing... 

Well there already kinda is. The current Bile can already enhance chaos marine units as is.

Well there already kinda is. The current Bile can already enhance chaos marine units as is.

Watch +1 S or +1 T be his entire Chapter Tactic.

Call me greedy but I want more!!!! ;) 

Minis would be nice but as Fabius himself is getting a resculpt I cant see us getting Enhanced guys as well :( 

Very curious to see what the Plague Marine companies get as well, kinda flipflopping between Deathguard or World Eaters and this may sway my decision 

His little Quasimodon't buddy is jacking the insidey-bits of a Primaris, would be cool if you could field some have-a-go hero/DIY Primaris as his retinue.

Way too much to hope for a specific kit I think, but maybe some embiggened possessed that were designed to bash well with Intercessors would......also be way too much to hope for :)

I've quickly read over the "Tales of Awakening" (or whatever it's called) from Saga of the Beast and it has less salient tidbits than previous PA books.

Will have a proper read after my morning coffee and see if I can find something more interesting.

Here are summaries of the PA:6 Echoes of Awakening blurbs. I can go into more detail if anyone is interested in a specific entry.

• Refers to an Imperial citizen stopping a Dark Eldar invasion by herself with crushing displays of psychic power only to turn on the other citizenry once the alien threat was eradicated.
  • Potentially Fabius talking about how the Emperor's works are "truly a marvel" but "flawed on so many levels, they demand improvement. They demand perfection."
  • Blood Vipers Space Marines route T'au forces only to get wrecked by a rising Genestealer Cult and be forced to retreat in defeat.
  • Imperial Task Fleet has been stranded in "space that has not been charted in eight centuries" presumably by the shadow in the warp caused by an incoming Tyranid fleet.
  • Potentially a Custodian speaking of the Death Guard and saying "the bitter teachings of an ungrateful son and the malevolent churnings of the Eye have turned these Death Guard into beasts."
  • A report to an Inquisitor that the Deathwatch have failed to stop an Ork waaaagh and that several companies of Astates have been added to the fight.
  • Imperial troops report engaging Shining Spears and that they were "faster than lightning" and "glowing with blazing light".
  • Report within a local government regarding increased insurrections in the area, looks like either Chaos or Genestealer Cults.
  • Sister of Battle communique saying the planet they're on is on the brink of civil war but lack the numbers to quell any uprisings. Black Templars, among other Astartes, are in vicinity and being notified.
  • Imperial communique about Ghazghkull and the writer's desire to find and stop the beast. Which of Helbrect and Yarrick cruise in a Retribution-class battleship?
Edited by NTaW

So Psychic Awakening is probably leading to a larger change by the "conversion to a new status quo in the setting" than I was really expecting - GW sounds like they are giving themselves some design space on new Eldar, I'd expect some bigger changes with Chaos, especially Marine/daemon blends...

im going to guess

Massive speculation below

PA 7 is delayed till July.

PA 8 is now august

PA 9  is sept.

the rumored warhammer V9 is delayed til next year

im going to guess

Massive speculation below

PA 7 is delayed till July.

PA 8 is now august

PA 9 is sept.

the rumored warhammer V9 is delayed til next year

For UK/Europe/Australia I'd say that checks out

New Primaris chamber could be the big summer push.

Its a catch 22 of they desperately want to make up lost profits but people will be broke. They should hopefully get a bit of a bump when they do reopen as people will be low on supplies, have created a wishlist from so much quarantine hobbying

I wonder if Agents of Bile will get access to Undivided options... maybe I'll reboot my Undivided stuff if they do.

Given how much ADB has been telling us about GW saying that Chaos Undivided is Not A Thing, at least in terms of a Mark, etc, I can't imagine them changing again now.