Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

I wonder if Agents of Bile will get access to Undivided options... maybe I'll reboot my Undivided stuff if they do.

Given how much ADB has been telling us about GW saying that Chaos Undivided is Not A Thing, at least in terms of a Mark, etc, I can't imagine them changing again now.

What I meant is <MARK OF CHAOS> options - most of the stuff out of Codex: CSM, for example. I'm wondering if they'll be like a Supplement to Codex: CSM.

What are the last two stories mentioned about

I'll provide more in-depth summaries. I imagine we can only guess as to their true meaning though.

The 2nd last story is a transmission from Proloquor Selah Astor starting "Sister most honoured, parts of the Choralynth Trace erupt, despite us initially finding nothing of significance. The populace are being stirred to rise by beings most sinister." They go on to talk about the brink of civil war and lack of numbers I summarized previously, and finish with a recommendation that nearby Astartes be notified. Black Templars, Astral Crusaders, ad Griffons of Repentance are named.

Shot in the dark: I think this could point to Sisters of Battle vs. Chaos Cults.

The last story is marked as an astropath intercept but I'm unclear if the astropath is on a Gloriana- class battleship or the message comes from the ship. Either way this person hates Ghazkhull and has searched in vain across "Sigyrd... the Rathiron Deeps... the Ikogellon Cluster." It seems like a personal log entry since the person seems to be talking to themselves about the variety of bad Ghaz represents, finishing with "He has to be stopped. No matter the cost, he must be defeated."

Shot in the dark: I think this is from Yarrick's perspective since the way it's written seems too human to be a Space Marine.

GW seems like it might be slightly reducing the “no specific models, no rules” thing, so I’m sort of wondering if the Bile Boyz might actually give us the first crack at Chaos Primaris.

Wouldn't Marks and Cult Troops already be this?

I mean we know the Real World reason for Primaris, and it doesn't apply to Chaos Marines.

If all we are looking for is the in universe distinction between a 'normal' Marine of any shade or denomination, and one that is empowered by X (AdMech, Emperor, or Chaos) it should always have been Marks of Chaos and finally Cults.

Biles New Man, is similar to that, but unless he's getting a massive boost to Cawl levels of meta relevance, I don't see how he becomes the linchpin of Chaos Primaris.

Should we read anything into the fact that the (presumed) final entry in Psychic Awakening (Pariah) was likely scheduled to drop in June originally, "coincidentally" about the same time as the rumored new starter set also purported to feature Necrons as one of the factions?

Edited by Lord Nord

Should we read anything into the fact that the (presumed) final entry in Psychic Awakening (Pariah) was likely scheduled to drop in June originally, "coincidentally" about the same time as the rumored new starter set also purported to feature Necrons as one of the factions?

Should we? Not likely. 

Will I? Absolutely :yes:

Necrons can close the rift, Cawl is trying to reverse engineer their tech to do the same. Not stepping them up as a player in this new timeline would sadden me greatly.

Should we read anything into the fact that we're in Engine War month where my bloody boyz are finally getting there book, and GW is hyping up literally every other book but this one? Hopefully they have some really great blog posts planned, because man. Nothing.

Quinns and Deathwatch are getting their PA in a white dwarf as per WC preview so does that confirm Pariah/final psychic awakening as Sisters v Necrons?

If Pariah doesn't reintroduce actual Pariahs if it has Necrons in it, there is a problem. Those were cool. They had a cool design, and a cool concept.

My understanding is that Deathwatch and Harlequins will be in Pariah and that the SoB character is sort of a free-floater faction wise, but that Harlies and DW will have rules previewed in a WD. It had the feel of a stop-gap measure given the times, which makes me wonder if we'll see digital releases of the books as the shipping shut down continues.

When speaking of the book there was no mention of Necrons or Sisters of Battle factions, which could mean there is a 10th book featuring them together.

EDIT: Incorrect information.

Edited by NTaW

My understanding is that Deathwatch and Harlequins will be in Pariah and that the SoB character is sort of a free-floater faction wise, but that Harlies and DW will have rules previewed in a WD. It had the feel of a stop-gap measure given the times, which makes me wonder if we'll see digital releases of the books as the shipping shut down continues.

When speaking of the book there was no mention of Necrons or Sisters of Battle factions, which could mean there is a 10th book featuring them together.

I don't know that the WD is a stop-gap - could they really have gotten a print change on the magazine in that quick knowing that the books may be more delayed? I got the impression the lead times on physical print are relatively substantial, plus won't physical magazines be delayed just as long as physical books would be?

Nothing that I've seen/read so far indicated to me that Deathwatch and Harliquins would be in Pariah. WHC says (granted, misunderstandings/mis-statements have abounded there): "And that’s not all! Before long, White Dwarf will be bringing you juicy new Psychic Awakening rules for the Deathwatch and Harlequins. Neat, eh?" That to me says that the PA rules for Deathwatch and Harlequins are coming out in White Dwarf, not just a preview or something additional.

I just rewatched the video and I did misconstrue what was said.

The only things concretely spoken about the contents of Psychic Awakening: Pariah was that rules for the new SoB and Harlequin models would be in the book (Twitch stream, ~1h 20m mark).

I just rewatched the video and I did misconstrue what was said.

The only things concretely spoken about the contents of Psychic Awakening: Pariah was that rules for the new SoB and Harlequin models would be in the book (Twitch stream, ~1h 20m mark).

I think I missed the video... going to rectify that now!

Edit:

Wait - is the video only posted on Twitch? The only thing I could find regarding Pariah on WHC was a 37 second vid about the Ephrael and Harlie models.

If so, nevermind.

I think it's currently only on Twitch*. There really isn't much more info in the video than there is in the article beyond some back story on the SoB/Harlie duo and a brief description that pariahs are the opposite of Chaos and psykers but that doesn't mean they're on the "good" side.

*For what it's worth I don't have an account, just google'd WHTV + Twitch to find their channel and clicked the most recent video. From there past hiding the chat window it was basically just a YouTube-esque experience.

Edited by NTaW

I also saw that about Deathwatch rules for Psychic Awakening being in White Dwarf. As someone really on the fence about jumping into Deathwatch just for the 'your dudes' customization potential, that was a letdown when I was hoping their treatment would convince me to dive in.

I also saw that about Deathwatch rules for Psychic Awakening being in White Dwarf. As someone really on the fence about jumping into Deathwatch just for the 'your dudes' customization potential, that was a letdown when I was hoping their treatment would convince me to dive in.

To be completely fair, the rules most people got in their "proper" PA supplements don't go much further than what could be in a White Dwarf. Psychic Awakening is extremely light on actual content. Not really comparable to bigger supplements like the vanilla chapter ones or other bigger supplements we got in the past.

To be completely fair, the rules most people got in their "proper" PA supplements don't go much further than what could be in a White Dwarf. Psychic Awakening is extremely light on actual content. Not really comparable to bigger supplements like the vanilla chapter ones or other bigger supplements we got in the past.

Problem is, DeathWatch do need more than just a list of Strats and WL traits... They need a reworked KillTeam entry, as well (imho) as a brand new Phobos Kill Team that doesn't require Intercessors (so Reavers, Incursors, Infiltrators and Eliminators), along with all their missing "Shadowspear" entries

Problem is, DeathWatch do need more than just a list of Strats and WL traits... They need a reworked KillTeam entry, as well (imho) as a brand new Phobos Kill Team that doesn't require Intercessors (so Reavers, Incursors, Infiltrators and Eliminators), along with all their missing "Shadowspear" entries

If you were expecting that then you were expecting too much from PA anyway to be honest. PA only adds a few things but it doesn't really touch what's already in the Codex.

Theoretically:

• Combat Doctrines added
  • New Warlord Traits
  • New Stratagems (confirmed - most likely includes the ones from C:SM that all SM armies have gotten so far).
  • New Litanies (confirmed - either the ones from C:SM and one extra; like C:BA, C:DA, and C:SW, or unique like C:GK)
  • Addition of new units; Incursors, Infiltrators, Suppressors, Phobos characters, Impulsor, etc.

With all that, I don't think one new/updated unit profile for Primaris Kill-Teams is that much. Infiltrator could give 12" deployment denial , Incursor could give access to haywire mine, and Suppressor's utility comes from the  weapon. 

If you were expecting that then you were expecting too much from PA anyway to be honest. PA only adds a few things but it doesn't really touch what's already in the Codex.

Wat? Literally every single SM faction, be it DA, BA, or SW, got Vanguard sheets in PA books. DW not getting it is :censored:exception to this rule. Unless you call adding extra 20+ pages "not touching" :dry.:

Especially seeing they could just print Vanguard kill team instead of 5 separate units, thus saving space...

Theoretically:

• Combat Doctrines added
  • New Warlord Traits
  • New Stratagems (confirmed - most likely includes the ones from C:SM that all SM armies have gotten so far).
  • New Litanies (confirmed - either the ones from C:SM and one extra; like C:BA, C:DA, and C:SW, or unique like C:GK)
  • Addition of new units; Incursors, Infiltrators, Suppressors, Phobos characters, Impulsor, etc.
With all that, I don't think one new/updated unit profile for Primaris Kill-Teams is that much. Infiltrator could give 12" deployment denial , Incursor could give access to haywire mine, and Suppressor's utility comes from the  weapon.

DW is getting 5 pages. Seeing every other marine PA book wasted 2 pages on various chaplain entries to give them litanies, DW will do it too. That leaves 3 pages, one for stratagems, one for litanies, one for doctrine. Seeing all three sources previewing WD didn't mention warlord traits, superdoctines, relics, psychic powers, or extra units/rules, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for those.

Wat? Literally every single SM faction, be it DA, BA, or SW, got Vanguard sheets in PA books. DW not getting it is :censored:exception to this rule. Unless you call adding extra 20+ pages "not touching" :dry.:

Especially seeing they could just print Vanguard kill team instead of 5 separate units, thus saving space...

I'm assuming he meant the "reworked Kill Team entry" wish. 

I'm assuming he meant the "reworked Kill Team entry" wish. 

Considering by that I meant the addition of the new unit entries to the Primaris Kill Team options, I hope the DW do get those, especially with only 5 or 6 pages of rules, because otherwise it looks as though they might not even get access to the new units at all...