Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

"War Calls" is the final part of the Aeldari chant to Khaine. Given that it's Chaos analogues (Greater Daemons) are now all in plastic and much larger and the current model is 25 years old (give or take a few months) I wouldn't be shocked to see it updated to a larger, plastic version.

Hope not, just started painting my old one!!

Good news! Your old one will still be legal and it's statlines will be hilariously absurd given that the new model will be four times the size. Enjoy your strength 19, toughness 37 model with 108 attacks!

I need to check out the Keeper of Secrets stats then, just painted my RoC era one. :wub: 

I honestly hope no more Loyalist Primarchs ever return, and BobberGee just sorta wanders off and gets lost somewhere. The screams would be delightful. :p

Anyhow, plastic Banshees look good! Hope we see the rest of the metal Aspects come back in the same way. It’d kinda rule if Psychic Awakening, model-wise, ends up being more about filling in places where the models are still old and plastic, tho obviously there appear to be new units as well.

Alright, so now we know what it is, a campaign/narrative event. So here are my two cents:

- With Sisters arriving shortly, this means that the last Codex that wasn't taken to 8th is done. This means that they now have green light to start doing anything they want, from Codices to models. We already know plastic Howling Banshees are a thing, there might be more Eldar in the oven. They can tackle other factions in need like Guard, Nids and Orks too. And to top it off, they can start introducing new armies if they want. This can be anything from Ynnari to Emperor's Children, Lost and the Damned, Tau Auxiliaries/Kroot, etc. The gate's open now.

- With so many factions involved in this campaign, and the tone of the little video they've done, it strikes me as unlikely that it'll be centered around one planet/system like Vigilus was. This sounds bigger, more like a collection of conflicts across the galaxy. We might see something similar to Gathering Storm, a narrative from multiple fronts that interlace as the story progresses.

- If Gathering Storm and Vigilus have been of any indication, GW like to punctuate their campaigns with releases. From big, named characters to entire armies. I expect this to receive the same treatment.

well, im pretty sure they just teased corax

Teased? They just showed off his model:

vDbC8wg.jpg

AMliOCj.jpg

My first thought is that he definitely looks emo enough to be a son of Corax with that haircut.

Regarding the campaign, I noticed that I didn't see any cogs for the Ad Mech to get anything in the update. New codex coming instead?

Edited by Fulkes

no, this.

CtjlZnh.png

admech and wolves werent on the faction logo image, which is now removed.

so as a wolf, I expect my first update in a solid year, I dont expect anything in CA20

Edited by Triszin

I don't think that qualifies as a tease, seems like just a joke. Then again they're incredibly cheeky when it comes to videos, so who knows.

Although considering he's basically a Warp-thing of shadow and darkness, it'd be hilarious if he's the next to show up.

sisters so busy fighting the shadow that they dont realize its corax just trying to hhelp

Some extra speculation.

At the end of the video, the Inquisitor says "Rise or fall, this fate shall not be mankind's alone", while an Eldar rune burns in front of her.

tPBEQQm.png

Now this is not a random rune, it's the Howling Banshees rune. And we know new plastic Banshees are a thing, so I suspect they'll have an important role to play on the Psychic Awakening. What this might mean in terms of model releases, I have no idea, but now we know they're actively involved, so that's a start.

Soooo ... we've learned basically nothing about psychic awakening we didn't already know before. Great reveal lol

Though the claim for it to be as similarly big as the 13th Black Crusade and the Horus Heresy is quite something. Hopefully not again just GW hyping up hot air.

It confirmed to everyone that its a new campaign/narrative moving forward with new rules, models etc. I'm guessing there are a lot more casual people who didn't know what it'd be, but yeah, for us here who figured out it'd have to be that, nothing new was really learned.

I think the corax 'tease' is a painted image, rather than a shot of some mini, blurred and distant?

I just realized that throughout the article, they refer to Psychic Awakening as a "series", so that makes me think it's going to be something that's gonna be ongoing for a while. Less of a campaign by itself and more of a "framework" to introduce various conflicts across the galaxy involving different factions each. Something akin to what Malign Portents was for AoS, moving the story forward, focusing on one faction after another, introducing new armies, setting up future plot points, etc.

It confirmed to everyone that its a new campaign/narrative moving forward with new rules, models etc. I'm guessing there are a lot more casual people who didn't know what it'd be, but yeah, for us here who figured out it'd have to be that, nothing new was really learned.

I think the corax 'tease' is a painted image, rather than a shot of some mini, blurred and distant?

It's this.

http://gavthorpe.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Corax-Anthology-Artwork-2-Neil-Roberts.jpg

Edited by DeadFingers

Barely a preview at all.

So its going to be Vigilus but longer and less connected, sounds like 40k endtimes. :unsure.:

Doesn't help that googling "Psychic Awakening" gets a whole load of results about spirituality.

40k is riffing off the concept from spirituality in the first place, its just that Science Fiction is a big influence on spirituality.

The lore never mattered. Rogue trader is barely recognizable from even 3rd edition's lore.

Except for the 3rd ed Necron codex which is more Rogue Trader than 2nd ed or the later 1st ed White Dwarf articles.