Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 point Scout Spam (Playing around with Shock Assault)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts

So with the imminent arrival of shock assault, I was thinking about how best to take advantage of it. One funny idea that occurred to me was just to have a horde of Scouts with combat knives, all of whom could nail a turn 1 charge. A 10-man squad would give you 31 attacks with shock assault at +1 to wound, all for just 110 points each. I then took the idea further and thought that, backed up with some Smash Captains and Librarian Dreadnoughts to take out the heavier stuff and provide some psychic support, this crazy idea might just work. So here is a list I threw together. What do we think? Could this actually be effective on the tabletop? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Battalion

HQ

Smash Captain – 124

Librarian Dreadnought – 140

Troops

10 Combat Blade Scouts – 110

Fast Attack

3 Scout Bikes – 69

Battalion

HQ

Smash Captain – 124

Troops

Fast Attack

3 Scout Bikes – 69

Battalion

HQ

Smash Captain – 124

Troops

Fast Attack

3 Scout Bikes – 69

• Deus-Naps Immortalis likes this

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,545 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators
Looks fun, but a little low on anti tank.
Knights will be the bane of this list, won't they?
  • t-dog1996 likes this

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts

Looks fun, but a little low on anti tank.
Knights will be the bane of this list, won't they?

Yes and no. Knights would certainly be a tough opponent, but it's worth remembering that one Smash Captain can bring down a Knight alone in one turn. Obviously you can only have one true Slamguinius per army but even a baseline Smash Captain can be a real threat, as can Librarian Dreadnoughts. Knights won't get a save against that halberd in close combat, and they'll have difficulty shooting the Smash Captains and Dreadnoughts off the table due to all of those pesky Scouts in the way. In order to avoid overwatch, you could also use the large squad size of the Scouts to have them absorb the fire before the Smash Captains and Dreadnoughts charge. It's hardly foolproof though of course.

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

Hintzy

Hintzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
You might be forgetting the stormbolter on the dreadnoughts, battle scribe shows them at 142 on my end. And thunder hammers on characters are allegedly going up to 40 points. Wouldn't be a problem to trim off a few scouts though.

Zon

Zon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts

This looks both hilarious and potentially very effective. Before shock assault, our scouts were already reasonably threatening in melee with knives. Add shock assault and their natural strength in board control and it seems like the little guys are going to be ridiculously efficient. Pairs of squads working in tandem will be real threats to a lot of units just from the swamp of attacks, and you've got 6 power characters with mobility and precision from our stratagems to tackle the nastier stuff (and flyers!). Plus the scout bikers for mobile disruption, so you cover a lot of the bases for decent lists. Since you mentioned overwatch earlier, the Angel's wing can get a bunch of your units safely into combat too!

Of course, the list seems to be largely dependent on getting first turn, but that's really nothing new for BA lists, and with smart positioning through concealed deployment I think it can be bypassed. Just watch out for leadership bombs and getting tangled up by the large footprints of your own units. If the hammer changes Hintzy mentioned go through and you end up having to tweak some of your units for points, I'd suggest squeezing in power weapons or combis on sergeants if you can. I've found the bit of extra capability on core units to be worth it, especially since you're rocking 9 units.

If nothing else, your opponents' reactions to seeing you drop 100+ models would make it worth it--the red tide cometh!

we_badge_skullchaos.png Formerly Skullchaos with the fun little lambda

Hintzy

Hintzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts

You might be forgetting the stormbolter on the dreadnoughts, battle scribe shows them at 142 on my end. And thunder hammers on characters are allegedly going up to 40 points. Wouldn't be a problem to trim off a few scouts though.

Our points didn't get adjusted to be in-line with the compliant chapters so disregard the thunder hammer part.

Lathspell

Lathspell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts

I was looking at something similar to this list, but with less scouts and using the new tactical invictor suits:

2 BATALLIONS 1 VANGUARD, BLOOD ANGELS [128 PL, 14CP, 1,997pts]
  • Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [51 PL, 5CP, 619p]
    • HQ
      • Captain [6 PL, 124pts]

Selections: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer.

• Chaplain [6 PL, 90pts]

Selections: Boltgun, Jump Pack

• Troops
      • Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts], 5 combat knives and bolt pistols
    • Elites
      • Death Company [27 PL, 240pts], 12 men, jumpacks, boltguns and chainswords
  • Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [24 PL, 8CP, 413pts]
    • No Force Org Slot
      • Battle-forged CP [3CP]
      • Detachment CP [5CP]
    • HQ
      • Captain [6 PL, 124pts]

Selections: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

• Captain [6 PL, 124pts]

Selections: 5. Gift of Foresight, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer, Warlord

• Troops
  • Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [53 PL, 1CP, 965pts]
    • No Force Org Slot
      • Detachment CP [1CP]
    • HQ
      • Sanguinary Priest [5 PL, 86pts]

Selections: Boltgun, Chainsword, Jump Pack

• Elites
      • Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 131pts]

Selections: Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail heavy stubber

Selections: Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail heavy stubber

• Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 162pts]

Selections: Icarus rocket pod, Macro plasma incinerator, Onslaught gatling cannon

• Two storm bolters

Selections: 2x Storm bolter

Selections: Icarus rocket pod, Macro plasma incinerator, Onslaught gatling cannon

• Two storm bolters

• Two storm bolters

I think this list has more firepower punch with the triple redemptor and triple invictor but has nothing to play in the psychic phase. The redemptors can babysit themselves thanks to wisdom of the ancients for 1 cp a round. Turn 1 charge is much scarier thanks to the triple invictor and a forlorn fury 12 men dc with an uwof chaplain to support them. Turn 2 see the three smash captains going in to deal with the big threats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users