BA Codex 0.2 Speculation/Discussion

Indefragable

2. Wuut? So the vindicator has gone up to D6 shots all of a sudden? Is that confirmed?

Yup, if you check out the video flip-through of the Codex, the Vindicator is around 30:48. It is now a straight Heavy D6 with no conditions. That gives it a damage output almost on-par with a quad-las Predator but 50 points cheaper. OK it only has half the range but it gets +1T and +2W as well so I think this looks rather tasty now.https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1835&v=QDG0ScWFJuo

Didn’t quite see it actually, since the dude said it’s no change to the Vindicator. Well, we’ll see tomorrow if we get updated weapons as well as points anyways, but a Vindicator for 130 points isn’t that bad!

Man, those stratagems are tasty. Hoping for the exploding vehicle and grav amplification one personally, but I fear we’ll have to wait a bit longer for those. Also, Fire a whirlwind twice? Yes please!

Pretty much as expected.  

Surprised to see we didn't get the points adjustments to the units in the Space Marine Codex.  So some of the points decreases like tactical squads didn't go into effect and regular repulsors aren't more expensive.

Agreed.  At first glance we do not get the new Chaplain Litanies (yet), which is unfortunate.  But on the other hand our character Thunder Hammers are still just 21 points rather than 40, so you win some and you lose some.

-We officially have Shock Assault

-We officially have the new drop pod rule

-A few units, like the Demolisher, got a tiny bit better

-Gravis units got their buff, the less common Intercessor rifles got their buff

-Forgeworld units got Combat Doctrines (not that it helps us any)

-No Litanies yet

-No points changes for us

-No upgraded Chapter Tactic (not many people believed it would happen this quick anyway)

Just a quick list of what I found changed thus far.

Looks like we didn't actually get hit with the Thunder Hammer cost hike, and I was looking to add a squad of Suppressors which seem to be cheaper than I expected.  It's about what I expected, and I'm happy with that.

Looks like we didn't actually get hit with the Thunder Hammer cost hike, and I was looking to add a squad of Suppressors which seem to be cheaper than I expected.  It's about what I expected, and I'm happy with that.

Lol, yup, captain smash still lives.

So do we get the Points Adjustments or No?

Don’t seem ‘em, so our tactical marines and all other war gear cost the same for now.

Not surprised by what we got, surprised that we didn’t get the new point costs from C:SM. Maybe they’ll push another Errata after the codex is available, but let’s see.

Pretty much as expected.

Surprised to see we didn't get the points adjustments to the units in the Space Marine Codex. So some of the points decreases like tactical squads didn't go into effect and regular repulsors aren't more expensive.

Agreed. At first glance we do not get the new Chaplain Litanies (yet), which is unfortunate. But on the other hand our character Thunder Hammers are still just 21 points rather than 40, so you win some and you lose some.

-We officially have Shock Assault

-We officially have the new drop pod rule

-A few units, like the Demolisher, got a tiny bit better

-Gravis units got their buff, the less common Intercessor rifles got their buff

-Forgeworld units got Combat Doctrines (not that it helps us any)

-No Litanies yet

-No points changes for us

-No upgraded Chapter Tactic (not many people believed it would happen this quick anyway)

Just a quick list of what I found changed thus far.

Our Baal predators moved up to 12" flamers that's a plus.

The codex for forgeworld units got doctrines, so does that mean my Leviathan, relic / mortis contemptor, and Sicarans got some love didn't they!?

Sort of, but no. Doctrines does nothing unless every unit in your army has doctrines. As of now those units do not get buffed while fielded in an army with BA units from the codex or index, because those units dont have doctrines.

Erm... maybe I'm reading it wrong but the phobos librarian has access to either obscuration or our own ba powers.

First section, before the data sheets in the blurb just below the list of units we get in the summer update download.

Librarian in Phobos Armour and you decide it is from the Blood Angels, change the final sentence of its Psyker ability to read: ‘It knows Smite and two psychic powers from the Obscuration discipline (see Codex: Space Marines) or two psychic powers from the Sanguinary discipline (see Codex: Blood Angels).’

Edited by Leonaides

It looks like three five man squads of Reivers plus Dante in a charge could give put -4 leadership on an enemy unit. Throw in a Phobos Lt with a Vanguard warlord trait to give +1 charge to the Reivers and that could be quite an effective turn 2 tactic.