BA Codex 0.2 Speculation/Discussion

Indefragable

I'm more thinking along the lines of a flat 6" advancement instead of d6", or at the very least rolling 2d6 and picking the highest in a similar fashion to how melta works or 3+d3". The rule originally applied to rhinos and razorbacks only and was a way of getting our infantry to other side of the battlefield so they could use Red Thirst. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

This has reassured me that quitting 40K as a game and only sticking to it as a painting hobby was perhaps my wisest gaming decision ever..

Never change mate, haha :)

Tbf you might change your mind if the rules have improved once you get more free time (i.e the kids grow up a bit). Things going well?

Since we're wishlisting possible strats, our lucifer pattern engine strat is still serviceable but I feel like it should get a small boost.

So the text should be mostly the same but with a caveat saying "If a vehicle  did not advanced this turn, Heavy weapons count as Assault weapons in the shooting phase". That way you either go full speed or move and shoot with no penalty. I'd even think that would be worth and extra CP since it's every vehicle except fly keyword vehicles.

Edited by Spagunk

This has reassured me that quitting 40K as a game and only sticking to it as a painting hobby was perhaps my wisest gaming decision ever..

Never change mate, haha :smile.:

Tbf you might change your mind if the rules have improved once you get more free time (i.e the kids grow up a bit). Things going well?

Everything's great, and my 3 year old is showing a huge interest in my display cabinet of Blood Angels and upcoming Imperial Fists primaris.  I have to wait a few more years before I enlist her help in painting stuff though :D

As for changing my mind; I don't know.  I was kind of hoping 8E would go a long way into consolidating and streamlining the rules after 7E had completely lost me, but then Primaris happened and rules and whatnot ended up spread over so many supplements and books that even a new and consolidated codex appears to further fragment homogeniety.

I miss the good old days of 3E/4E (particularly 4E which I think had the most innovative Marine codex) when this was a simple pick up and play game and all you had to know to play it was a rulebook and an army list.   Call me a grumpy old fart but if you will but keeping up with all this is just too much 'work' for what is supposed to be a game..

Never change mate, haha :smile.:

Everything's great, and my 3 year old is showing a huge interest in my display cabinet of Blood Angels and upcoming Imperial Fists primaris. I have to wait a few more years before I enlist her help in painting stuff though :D

As for changing my mind; I don't know. I was kind of hoping 8E would go a long way into consolidating and streamlining the rules after 7E had completely lost me, but then Primaris happened and rules and whatnot ended up spread over so many supplements and books that even a new and consolidated codex appears to further fragment homogeniety.

I miss the good old days of 3E/4E (particularly 4E which I think had the most innovative Marine codex) when this was a simple pick up and play game and all you had to know to play it was a rulebook and an army list. Call me a grumpy old fart but if you will but keeping up with all this is just too much 'work' for what is supposed to be a game..

I'm with you appiah. It's a great hobby but unless we write our own rules within game groups it's really not a great wargame.

So a hidden gem my buddy found in the new SM Codex is the Company Champion . 47pts and:

-6” Heroic Intervention

-always fights first in melee

-re-roll To Hit and To Wound vs Characters

Not bad at all, should we get access to that as well. Dude was tailor made to defend gunlines, so we should be prepared to face a few ourselves.