Speculation on points drop for Roboute Guilliman

BLACK BLΠFLY

No question the infantry are the big winners. I like the psychic discipline also, but the white scar one is better.

I'll be taking a Chaplain I think, and it's worth upgrading Intercessors to Veterans.

Yea the more I hear about his Litanies.... wow that's good. Isn't one of them a feel no pain of 5+? That plus Transhuman Physiology can make a large Veteran Intercessor squad, or Termies  extremely solid against a very tough target.

Important to not it's now much more expensive to run vet Intercessors from a cp standpoint.

It's 1/2 cp. 1 for a 5 man unit, and 2 for a 6-10 man unit.

It's so 2cp for all their shooting strats like rapid fire. Possibly 3cp for the stalker strat. I can't remember, sorry.

This will all add up real quick if you run more than 1 unit. Even just 1 ten man unit will be 4cp to rapid fire once.

Ah damn. All the vids I've watched said the litany was 5++ fnp not just against mortals.

Lol I watched a vid where a guy read the rule out loud and then said it does something else.

Ah damn. All the vids I've watched said the litany was 5++ fnp not just against mortals.

Yea I heard that too. Darn.

Well I just found out that Guilliman lost Adeot of the Codex (CP farming ) Warlord trait and it’s something more like Trajann’s Heroic Intervention trait. Don’t quote me on that of course I’m getting this from videos of players that don’t know Ultramarines very well. I just hope they read it wrong.

Edited by Prot

It's true that he did lose that Warlord trait.

Luckily we gained access to a nice Psychic Power allowing us to generate additional CP, and we can take an additional Warlord trait by burning a CP.

I think if/when I'm running a generic character this would be a good investment.

I actually think it's pretty absurd that he doesn't get the Ultramarines tactic, but you can take a random character in a regular auxiliary detachment and they get their Tactics and rules.

If he doesn't get the Ultramarines tactic does he actually benefit from the Tactical Doctrine bonus (Scions of Guilliman) that other Ultramarines get?

Edited by Ishagu

Lost reroll wounds, doesn't get his own tactic unless you take another two hqs..

50 points wasnt enough. It's not '90points more than calgar and a lt' it's in addition to!

Or you can run 2 lts with overlapping aura and gman. What a tax.

Guilliman changed so much more than people realize.

Several things key off ADEPTUS ASTARTES rather than INFANTRY or BIKE.

Guilliman now qualifies for the following strats:

Honour the Chapter (Fight Twice)

Transhuman Physiology. (1s, 2s and 3s, fail to wound regardless of special rules)

Fall Back and Regroup (fall back and shoot/charge normally)

Running Might of Heroes on him now generates 8  S9 -4 3D attacks (or 8 S14 -3 D4 with the fist) potentially fighting twice!

Edit: Chaplains can also grant him a 5+++ against MW and/or exploding 6s in melee.

He's going to rampage through enemy lines, duel Knights to a standstill and be a giant pain in the ass for people.

Edited by Cruor Vault

Not to mention he's firing 6 shots a turn at AP-2 and D2, using the Tactical Doctrine.

How is he getting this? His weapon isn't a Bolter.

Unless they have specified this somewhere.

The extra Strat support is indeed good, but I'll wait to see the exact wording in the book as we might be missing things

Edited by Ishagu

It's a Rapid Fire Weapon, which is what the Tactical Doctrine impacts (along with Assault Weapons).

It doesn't rapid fire at max range, that's what I mean. He gets an extra AP, yes.

Edited by Ishagu

It really bums me out that once again, the Ultramarines Primarch doesn't really benefit from Ultramarines rules.

You can't even give him the CT in Apocalypse sized games because as of right now the other Astartes Lords of War don't have the Angels of Death keyword, and taking them would erase access to the Doctrines.

Edited by Ishagu

Well Apocalypse is a side game that isn't really that popular by all accounts.

Besides that, I'd like to see clarification on his bolter. It's a bolter in the fluff but technically it's just the Hand of Dominion now.

Speaking of which; it's a really solid choice now. D4 and S12 and now he doesn't reroll all wounds you might use it

Shooting is still good mind. Guilliman shouldn't be a gunline thing and I'm sure with advancing Ultramarines now taking advantage of the Tactical Doctrine, he'll be up close more often.

Basically that's why his points cost is what it is. He's getting stuck in more than babysitting a couple Repulsors and Centurions.