Why are you a son of Jaghatai

Johanhgg

Why did you join the great hunt?

Ill start.

The reason i challanged myself to stop fearing painting white is because im really attracted to the warrior-poet type of force the white scars are, the sort of careless approach to life itself but When it really matters, they are a dedicated force with stunning display of martial prowess.

The thought of strike and fade and the principle of destroying the for by a thousand cuts really speaks to me!

Chris Wraight. Maybe inspired by Hyenadai. And a little bit of Marco Polo on Netflix.

Chris did absolutely stellar work for the scars and they're my kind of loyalist. They do what's right, for the right reason, and Jaghatai has this Compassion and understanding that outstrips the other Primarchs.

And ko'sarro got doomriders head :p

Chris Wraight. Maybe inspired by Hyenadai. And a little bit of Marco Polo on Netflix.

Chris did absolutely stellar work for the scars and they're my kind of loyalist. They do what's right, for the right reason, and Jaghatai has this Compassion and understanding that outstrips the other Primarchs.

And ko'sarro got doomriders head :p

Yes I agree! Chris wraight couldnt have done better! Scars and The path of heaven is really astonishing work!

Chris Wraight is a huge reason, I always liked the theme of Mongolian / Asian themed marines and Jaghatai always had interested me but Wraight and how the Heresy series expanded their information really made me fall in love with them as a legion/chapter. 

The sense of honor, the fun they have with fighting, their "strike and fade" tactics are uniquely different compared to most other marine chapters. They are well written and actually cool versions of the space wolfs (shots fired...) and for the record; yes I get the irony in that statement given it is actually addressed in the Scars novel in a quite humorous way. 

Also: Jaghatai's "burn" game makes Vulkan jealous. Fulgrim never got over that. (anyone that read the Scars novel will know what I am referencing) 

Great to hear your reasons! Ive always liked the underdogs and its really appaerent that the other legions always underestimated the scars, forgot about them even.

White scars seem to be a nice mix of Raven Guard, with the strike and fade-tactics, and the wolfs, with their sort of tribal behavior.

Scars is like the Dothraki in game of thrones

I never had the Scars on my radar. Seriously never until Scars was released. Chris did a magnificent work in fleshing them out and I fell in love with them while reading.

It's because of him that they've become my fav Legion/ chapter as they're way more balanced and not "overthemed" like the Wolves, Ravens or Sallies, who all suffer from that.

Long speech short: Hai Chogoris!

I have always loved the Lightning Fast tactics of the chapter.  But my eye had always been on the colors of the Destroyers, so when 8th came out and I wanted a fresh new army to play, Destroyers were it!  So happy I can now also play them using my own tag.  (Though I still just use white scars so I don't have to pay a CP for a relic of Chogaris)

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I wanted to like them since getting into Mongol history (I explore military history in my leisure time), but there was so little lore about them pre-2012/2013, I couldn't really latch onto anything.

Then Chris' Brotherhood of the Storm and Scars came out and my prayers were answered.

I always liked the Mongol theme and being fast, but really disliked the look of the bikes. But now with revised rules and access to GSC bikes and quads, I can have scouts bikes and attack bikes that I’m happy to look at and use. Not a fan of the forge world bikes and jet bikes, but if GW eventually release some hot looking SM jet bikes, I won’t grimace at the GSC bike mods.

I always loved the biker marines. Dark Angels are cool and all, but Renegade White Scars on bikes with Chainswords! Comon! How can you say that isn't awesome!?!?!?! Then you can drop in some Daemon Princes for the anti-bigstuff. It just works out so well!

#RenegadeWhiteScarsForLife

@WickedJester - yes, but they are still being slowly worked on. But I would only use the GSC bikes as scouts. Power armor would look silly sitting on them. But I expect that the quads will look nice as attack bikes when done.

I’ve never liked the SM bike models, which deterred me from Scars.

Marines on bikes always struck me as cool, and I liked the fact that not many people picked the Scars. Hence, my first DIY chapter was the WS successor that I named Storm Gauntlets (it’s in the Liber somewhere if you care to search.

Quite a bit later, I came back to real White Scars and did the whole “chopper conversion” thing with some bikes.

Also, how great are The Hu... if by some chance they don’t know about our hobby they should definitely be introduced!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I hope to fall in love with them one day.

They are not the kind of legion i go for mainly due to my negative mental associations with the east (anime, the language strangeness the anime again.....)

But from what i've read in the current posts on forums, they seem to be a legion i'd really enjoy getting into.

A hopeful daughter of Jaghatai here!

I'm enjoying your posts as I work with my two young adepts in choosing armies for themselves. The WS chapter does have an attractive look going for it.

I belive the scars really have a lot to offer. They always have been very underated. But with such rich background, culture and ferocity its hard not to love them. Warrior-poets!