Why are you a son of Jaghatai

Johanhgg

White Scars were always my favourite chapter of the marines. Every since buying 5th edition codex, they struck me with their look and fighting style. Just now started modelling, because before this I have opted out to non-imperium factions (orks and tau).

WS will be my focus for 2020 and onward.

Im not a scars player but i love these threads. As a lover of all legions i really enjoy reading about peoples perspectives on why they play a certain legion.

Scars are always a little bit of a blind spot for me. Bought a few of their books though lately, look forward to having a good read!

As others have said Scars. That’s the $2000 novel since I went out and built a WS Force back in 7th (I have since had to sell it, alas). 

I also completely coincidentally was listening to the Wrath of the Khans episodes of the Hardcore Heresy series (highly recommend for any sons of Chogoris).

I also spent some time in Beijing when I was younger and the ancient wisdom aspect made an impression.

They have such personality and soul. They are cool  and independent Ina way that you could make them Loyalist or Traitors in equal stride and not lose any character. They think for themselves: one of the reasons Jaghatai has arguably come out the best if anyone in the entire HH novel series. 

The hit and run attitude (as much as the tactics) really fit the mental imagery I had of Subotai, outnumbered and underweight (in terms of arms and armour) by his opponents still running circles around them and using intelligence and dash to slice them apart. The unrespected mountain wisdom of the Stormseers*, exemplified by Yesugei, sealed the deal.

*personally I feel that even more than Space Wolves’ runic stuff, the Stormseers deserve to be their whole own thing

• 3 months later...

I'll admit I came because playing Aggressors under Ultramarines made people want to rage-quit 40k altogether, but I stayed for the deep toolkit.

WS is the one chapter that I don't see any particular set of gear/strats/powers and think "well I'd be stupid to try to play anything besides this, it's great and the rest is kind of meh by comparison" that also doesn't seem like a challenge to get it to work at all.

• 3 weeks later...