Transhuman Physiology + Raven Guard (quick math)

So Marines got a new stratagem that for 2 cp allows your infantry to only be wounded on a 4+ until the end of the phase.  

This is obviously outrageous powerful but just what does that mean?

It means that all the stuff that you most feared  loses about half their damage output.

1.  Battlecannons

Tank Commander battle cannons rolling box cars for shots and rerolling 1s will remove 5 primaris marines a turn and 3 primaris Raven Guard a turn.  Ouch.

With this stratagem and our new chapter tactic in effect a similiar battlecannon will remove... 1 primaris Raven Guard a turn... 2 about 50% of the time.

2.  Plasma Spam(you know you love it)

3 units of scions landing near your primaris guys will remove 9 Primaris a turn in the open.

3 units of scions landing near your primaris guys with Transhuman Phys will remove 5 Raven Guard Primaris a turn in the open.  Wow.  Get rekt.

3 units of scions landing near(more than 12) your primaris Infiltrators with Transhumans Phys will remove 1 Raven Guard Primaris Infiltrator a turn in cover.  Sit down son.

3.  Disintegrator Spam (from all the long time Dark Eldar players of course)

Ok so this one is savage. 

3 Ravagers shooting at your Primaris would remove 10 a turn.  Totally not OP of course.

3 Ravagers shooting at your Raven Guard Primaris would remove 7 a turn.  Still horrible.

3 Ravagers shooting at your Raven Guard Primaris in cover with Transhuman Phys would remove 4 a turn. 

Any Drukhari players up for a game this weekend?

All that assumes that the shooting player has no means to ignore cover. Every faction has things that ignore cover, and I expect that Raven Guard players will start seeing that stuff on the other side of the table, even if other armies rarely or never see it.

All that assumes that the shooting player has no means to ignore cover. Every faction has things that ignore cover, and I expect that Raven Guard players will start seeing that stuff on the other side of the table, even if other armies rarely or never see it.

Very true.  When facing Tau, Imperial Fists, and Iron Warriors units will be less durable.  

Against most Eldar, Guard, and Knights... happy days.    

Very true. When facing Tau, Imperial Fists, and Iron Warriors units will be less durable.

We'll probably be okay at tournaments, because a lot of the stuff that ignores cover isn't all that competitive otherwise, and it makes little sense to skew your army to have an advantage against a faction as much in the minority as we are.

Against randoms at a game store? If they know what Chapter you play ahead of time they can gameplan for us.

Very true. When facing Tau, Imperial Fists, and Iron Warriors units will be less durable.

We'll probably be okay at tournaments, because a lot of the stuff that ignores cover isn't all that competitive otherwise, and it makes little sense to skew your army to have an advantage against a faction as much in the minority as we are.

Against randoms at a game store? If they know what Chapter you play ahead of time they can gameplan for us.

If you referring to the guy that shows up with marines painted deep blue with gold trim but claims they are Imperial Fists?  

I wouldn't play that guy if he is clearly list tailoring and tell him so right to his face. 

Alternatively, I might claim that my black marines with raven iconography are all in fact Ultramarines and my Smash Captain is RG after being hit by a shrink ray... Duke Nukem style.