Painting Soft Gold Inquiry

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UbTVzQNiK_TgYxQGsheDdAAzn5TJjHHl/view?usp=sharing

I'm trying to figure out how to paint a soft gold, almost champagne color. Anyone have any ideas on how I could accomplish this? Or maybe a paint line that has this color already?

Thanks in advance!

This Rustoleum can for $6 at Walmart doesn’t say primer but it passes the fingernail test and has a good tooth to it for further coats. I tried a shiny paint+primer gold but I can’t get paint to stick to it, almost like the dried surface is hydrophobic. 

2BF656E4 7A29 4A0B 898D C8BFDC353AB5

It’s hard to photograph in crappy light but it has no red in it like Retributor armor, it’s more like that gold dry paint GW sells. It’s only bright where the light hits. 

FD17BE94 4D30 4B21 AF7A 9565CE50B5E1

5E2AC5B7 6956 45F0 9819 BE58DB628CEA

I started layering contrast paints over it to experiment using this for Custodes. Because it has very little warmth (I.e. red) in it I actually need to use a layer of yellow to get red popping on it - look at the stem versus the lightning bolt. Blues come out a turquoise shade of blue because it’s so cool. 

9AB70F34 1A27 441F 9AD2 509492DC0707

FF7F7B3B 3863 42A4 8F19 EF7E61D37924

It’s cheap and you can layer over it unlike some other metallic sprays where paint just beads on the surface. Dunno if that helps. 

Edited by Fajita Fan

Another option is:

1. Base coat with Scale 75 Amber alchemy.
  2. First highlight with Scale 75 Amber alchemy mixed 1:1 with Scale75 Citrine alchemy.
  3. Second highlight with Scale75 Citrine alchemy.
  4. Final highlight with Scale75 Citrine alchemy mixed 1:1 with a silver colour of your choice.

That will give you a quite cool, soft champagne-ish gold as you asked for.