+ Painting Event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VI +

Dosjetka

gallery_85153_15039_613284.png

gallery_85153_15039_443014.png

Wont start on these guys for a week or two.

Welcome to the Expansion, JAG T! :smile.:

And the Invaders are looking good, CS. How are you doing the Chapter symbol: decals or freehand?

Freehand so far but I've also mostly been doing an incomplete badge with just a star with no skull.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

gallery_85153_15039_613284.png

gallery_85153_15039_443014.png

Wont start on these guys for a week or two.

Welcome to the Expansion, JAG T! :smile.:

And the Invaders are looking good, CS. How are you doing the Chapter symbol: decals or freehand?

Freehand so far but I've also mostly been doing an incomplete badge with just a star with no skull.

IF youd change to Warbringers I'd have some for you :P

Great work everyone! I'll be getting my miniatures tonight!!! Still working on which paints I want to use because I want a really bright yellow for my boys but I'll edit this post later with my vow!

Going with the Easy to Build Intercessors :D Just need to find a place to be able to work on my models and I'll be doing that on my lunch! Super excited to see how this might turn out!

I, Aothaine, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Argent Fists to complete 2 Lieutenants by 11th November 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

med_gallery_69175_15801_373762.jpg

My suggestion: Pose the Marines so their left arms (the ones whose hands are gripping the pistols) are horizontal, and angle the heads so it looks like the Marines are aiming the pistols at a target. That will make the models look more active, i.e., they're in battle. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

My suggestion: Pose the Marines so their left arms (the ones whose hands are gripping the pistols) are horizontal, and angle the heads so it looks like the Marines are aiming the pistols at a target. That will make the models look more active, i.e., they're in battle.

These are really just test models. Not to concerned about their poses. More concerned about getting the yellows and black right on the quartered color scheme I've chosen. :biggrin.: Future marines will have more dynamic poses. These are the easy to build models from the dark Imperium starter box. 

Edited by Aothaine

Welcome to the event, Aothaine! Good luck with the quartered scheme you've chosen. :thumbsup:

It is coming along nicely so far. I've already learned a bunch! I live in Reno, NV and it is arid and hot. Here are some lessons I've learned.

1) Never prime during the day. Wait for it to cool down at night so the spray doesn't dry before it hits the model. Both my models have all sorts of bumps on them. I'm thinking of getting some really soft sandpaper to rub the model down and get those bumps off.

2) Iyanden Yellow & the Sulfur look in GW's example. To get this look you want as little paint as possible on the miniature. You want to put it on then immediately soak up all excess and spread the paint around. Make sure it is really really thing. Watering down some of the paint might be a good idea here as well. I am going to try and pick up a few more models tonight and build and prime them to test out this theory. Right now the two boys have a very orange look to them and not that soft yellow I was hoping for. I can correct it I think. But once I get the process down it is going to look fantastic!

3) When working with test models, always work with one model at a time. 

Hello Brothers!
I got these minis to a point in which I can say they are finished for now, so i suppose i completed my vow :)

I still have to base them but i guess that goes out of the vow because i am planning to paint the whole army first so i can do a consistent terrain across all of my minis.

Here is a pic of them but you can see more in depth pics of my army if you want, just follow DORN

69965538_10156645888924150_8842545369846

Hello Brothers!

I got these minis to a point in which I can say they are finished for now, so i suppose i completed my vow :smile.:

I still have to base them but i guess that goes out of the vow because i am planning to paint the whole army first so i can do a consistent terrain across all of my minis.

Here is a pic of them but you can see more in depth pics of my army if you want, just follow DORN

They look great! :biggrin.: Hoping to get some more work done on my two sergeants this weekend.

Edited by Aothaine

Congratulations on completing your vow, nusphigor! :thumbsup: What's next?

Thank you brother chaplain!

I am currently working on a plasmagunner for tactical squad 1 and the sgt, plasmagunner and heavy bolter from tactical squad 2.

As soon as I finish them i think i will pledge the 5 bolter tacticals for squad 2 and the sgt, 2 special weapons and 2 normal marines from assault squad 7

Edited by nusphigor

I, Rizara, Vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial fists, to paint up one Primaris Chaplain by the 11th of November, 2019.

For Dorn, for Terra, and For the Emperor!!!!

med_gallery_1313_15824_78021.jpg

To be honest I am going to throw this guy in along with everything else I am working on. Its a long shot, but I can at least finish a character. If I can get everything else on my plate done and this guy, maybe I can finish painting up something else like my tanks. Even though I am airbrushing the lot, i am mostly just basecoating the army in yellow and some black with first highlights, as its a means to procrastinate on what I really need to be working on and i just want to play with the new toy (airbrush).

Storm Raven update:

*snip*

Starting on the internals next.

Curious as to how you hold the various pieces while you paint them individually? Regardless, solid progress and it's great to see your Sentinels still going strong after so many years. :tu:

I, Rizara, Vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial fists, to paint up one Primaris Chaplain by the 11th of November, 2019.  

For Dorn, for Terra, and For the Emperor!!!!  

*snip*

To be honest I am going to throw this guy in along with everything else I am working on.  Its a long shot, but I can at least finish a character. If I can get everything else on my plate done and this guy, maybe I can finish painting up something else like my tanks.  Even though I am airbrushing the lot, i am mostly just basecoating the army in yellow and some black with first highlights, as its a means to procrastinate on what I really need to be working on and i just want to play with the new toy (airbrush).  

Welcome to the latest Expansion, Rizara! Looking forward to seeing your Chaplain fully-painted. :)

Curious as to how you hold the various pieces while you paint them individually? Regardless, solid progress and it's great to see your Sentinels still going strong after so many years. :thumbsup:

It's my fingers, oddly enough! Cheers mate, have been pushing reasonably hard with the painting; events like these keep me motivated, much appreciated! :sweat:

I, Nusphigor, vow in the name of our Primarch-Primogenitor Rogal Dorn and the Glorious Imperial Fists, to paint a Terminator squad of 5 men by 11th of November of 2019.

I do so in the name of Dorn, Terra and The Emperor of Mankind in order to crush the heretics and the xenos alike.

71339287_10156661096069150_8106458348351

Disruptor_fe404: It's comments and feedback like that which make me continue to organise little events like this, so thank you too! :)

nusphigor: Nice! Looking forward to seeing your second vow completed. :tu:

Reinhard: Aye, much prefer that head. A real shame they never ended up releasing that Dark Angels Chaplain as a separate blister pack.

I'm interested, as a Lamenters player, in contributing something out of respect to the OG boys in yellow. Anyone have a homebrew chapter that wants to see someone else do a take on a model for it?

Kinstryfe - I'd like to see a lamenters offering from you

Closet Skeleton - love that atomic green

SufficientAnonymity - looking forward to seeing colour on that dread, makes me want one

WIP - I'm still kicking along on my vow, heads getting painted and about time for pin washes..

med_gallery_80881_12688_2175.jpg

gallery_80881_12688_147.jpg

gallery_80881_12688_6013.jpg

Bit late, hopefully I'm OK to enter still.

In the name of the forefather Rogal Dorn, I Vossyvo commander of the Black Templars Justus Mortis 2nd Crusade of the Caton Sub-Sector, vow to complete 10 Primaris Intercessors and 1 Twin-Linked Assault Cannon Razorback by the 11th of November 2019.

1027248_sm-.jpg