+ Painting Event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VI +

Dosjetka

A change of backdrop (I usually work in my study) so that I could watch the athletics from Doha at the same time as painting.

I've blocked out the basic colours for first five of the ten Reivers in my second vow. I'm crossing fingers I can get these guys finished, and the other five started, by the end of the weekend (my partner is away on a spa weekend, so I need something to keep me occupied).

RWjrBA3.jpg

I don't have enough likes for this thread. :sad.:

StormTalon Gunship 

base is done; needs weathering and battle damage 

Always loved the model together with the StormHawk Interceptor my favorite flyers. Though the Corvus Blackstar is real nice too. 

How are you getting your paints to go on so smoothly? Are you just painting a lot of thin coats? Using an air brush? Really curious.

Hi - yes the baselayers of paint are done with an airbrush. Blending the armor of vehicles with a brush would drive me insane and isn't very time efficient. 

Test model complete for the Reivers. Now another nine to do - I'll base them all together once they're otherwise complete.

gXEXJFv.jpg

The bloodstained sword looks great! I'm assuming he blackened the bonding studs on his left pauldron- from an earlier Mark of power armor, maybe that of a hero of the Chapter, given to honor both wearers, like having Orar's pauldron on Cato Sicarius' armor?- to look "tactical" (stealthy).

The bloodstained sword looks great! I'm assuming he blackened the bonding studs on his left pauldron- from an earlier Mark of power armor, maybe that of a hero of the Chapter, given to honor both wearers, like having Orar's pauldron on Cato Sicarius' armor?- to look "tactical" (stealthy).

I'm glad you like the blood spatter. I'm being careful to make sure it's on areas likely to have gotten messy in the course of battle. It's a recurring motif through the force, also being on some of the knife-armed intercessors or characters with swords. My apothecary has something similar going on with their narthecium, too.

All my Reivers have a slightly retro look with MkIII helmets and studded shoulders (suitably blackened, of course). I think it still gives off that air of terror, but it looks a bit more knightly, and a bit less "tacticool".

Im struggling. The edge highlights on 3 land raiders is driving me up the wall.

Have strength brother! Switch to heretic blood, around BT's it flows abundantly, and requires little thinning.
Well said. The Black Templars count their tanks as battle-brothers, and demand they be as proficient in close combat as any son of Dorn. Why else did the Techmarines fix chainbayonets to the Land Raiders' sponsons?

Slowly but surely getting there.  

Currently tidying up cape, heads, seals and swords. 

Still to do company colours, bases and ancients flag. With the colour scheme I've gone for any suggestions for any of them?

GcWFhRa.jpg

1qRpPCA.jpg

Cheers Thalidar

Edited by Thalidar

Bit late, hopefully I'm OK to enter still.

In the name of the forefather Rogal Dorn, I Vossyvo commander of the Black Templars Justus Mortis 2nd Crusade of the Caton Sub-Sector, vow to complete 10 Primaris Intercessors and 1 Twin-Linked Assault Cannon Razorback by the 11th of November 2019.

1027248_sm-.jpg

My vow is complete.

Considering picking up another unit or vehicle to go for a 2nd. 

1030428-Black%20Templar%20Razorback%2C%2

Making good progress with my second vow. The ten reivers are already done (see previous posts), and now I'm making good progress through the ten intercessors. Just edge highlighting, insignia and basing to do on these guys now.

ZItIYF4.jpg

The guys from the photo on 2019-10-13 are all done - insignia, basing and edge highlighting were finished tonight.

Only five intercessors to go now, and then I'll have not only completed my second vow, but painted 98 Black Templars since getting back into the hobby at the start of this year.

Think I'm comfortable calling my first vow done. Still need transfers, but I don't have any spare Fire Support markings and it's currently 2300 anyway. I also borrowed a better camera this time since my phone camera still doesn't work.

gallery_85913_15903_88544.jpg

gallery_85913_15903_127249.jpg

It occurs to me that I definitely have time to do another vow, provided I don't try something less certain like a squad of Intercessors. I also need to bite the bullet and start on the armored elements of my Primaris stuff. I usually haven't liked doing vehicles much, but the less intricate detailing means I think I can churn one out more quickly than an infantry squad and thus ensure success.

I, Hellebras, request the Chapter Armory provide my strike force with a Repulsor grav-tank resplendent in the colors of the Chapter, armed with a las-talon, twin lascannon, and a plethora of lighter arms, with which I may smite the foe's pitiful armored columns. It must be fully consecrated, decorated, and equipped by the 11th of November, 2019, else I will bring dishonor to myself and the Chapter. Walls fall, Fists do not.

gallery_85913_13807_141945.jpg

Think I'm comfortable calling my first vow done. Still need transfers, but I don't have any spare Fire Support markings and it's currently 2300 anyway. I also borrowed a better camera this time since my phone camera still doesn't work.

gallery_85913_15903_88544.jpg

gallery_85913_15903_127249.jpg

It occurs to me that I definitely have time to do another vow, provided I don't try something less certain like a squad of Intercessors. I also need to bite the bullet and start on the armored elements of my Primaris stuff. I usually haven't liked doing vehicles much, but the less intricate detailing means I think I can churn one out more quickly than an infantry squad and thus ensure success.

I, Hellebras, request the Chapter Armory provide my strike force with a Repulsor grav-tank resplendent in the colors of the Chapter, armed with a las-talon, twin lascannon, and a plethora of lighter arms, with which I may smite the foe's pitiful armored columns. It must be fully consecrated, decorated, and equipped by the 11th of November, 2019, else I will bring dishonor to myself and the Chapter. Walls fall, Fists do not.

gallery_85913_13807_141945.jpg

Really nice job. Just in time for the new codex :)

So throwing my 2nd vow in:

A converted Phobos Lieutenant which I am going to play as a Storm Shield Captain.

1031077_sm-Black%20Templars%2C%20Champio

Greetings, sisters and brothers!

I have been very busy these past few days/weeks and haven't updated this thread in while. nusphigor contacted me via PM and made me realise just how long it has been... :sweat:

Very happy that you're all keeping this alive but am also sorry for having left you all hanging! I'll do what I can to get things updated within the next few days and take the time to look at all of the awesome work going on here! :tu:

For Dorn and the Emperor!

Your faithful servant, Chaplain Dosjetka

and second vow complete

some fusion of scout and mk6 plate, splinter cell style goggles

med_gallery_80881_12688_912803.jpg

and some heavy weapons advancing

med_gallery_80881_12688_845393.jpg

I'm back to modelling up my next batch of recruits for this killteam - got inspired to upscale some scouts. Dorn's resolve to everyone working toward their vows over the next few weeks!

I, Gederas, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete one Primaris Chaplain by 11th November 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

zlUhVTK.jpg

And suddenly, I APPEAR! :laugh.:

Job's done!

I give you, Chaplain Andreas:

wXUu5TZ.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Finished up my vow today. I managed to get my AoS 2k army finished yesterday, the last unit was done. So today I took a break since I didn't have to work and knocked out my chaplain. I am going for a much simpler scheme, to try and get this army table top ready.

med_gallery_1313_15824_174627.jpgmed_gallery_1313_15824_109685.jpg