+ Painting Event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VI +

Dosjetka

I, Larkyn, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Unyielding Sons to complete 10 intercessors with auto-bolt rifles by 11th November 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

My shapeways order is arriving on Saturday I believe, and as soon as I get the shoulder icons glued on, I will update my vow with a Before picture.

Edit: Here's my Before picture, sans the shoulder icons.

bUAKiw.jpg

Edited by Larkyn

Welcome back to nusphigor and Disruptor! Good to see some "old" faces amongst the newcomers. :thumbsup:

And welcome to Larkyn, too!

It is good to see you still on the fight, Brother Chaplain Dosjetka. I can only suppose its because you have new litanies XD

An update:

69212093_10156605080934150_7633268259319

I have basecoated and shaded the yellow on all of the pledged minis, however i still have more to do on it.

Cheers!

I, Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete 3 Land Raider Crusaders by 11th November 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

Essentially, I intend to complete an old vow that I failed due to personal life issues.

The current condition of my Heavy Tanks is as shown below.

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (1)

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (2)

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (3)

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (4)

Thank you for this opportunity to correct my earlier failure!

Wow, that was fast, Reinhard! I love the irony of you using the Primaris Librarian body for your Black Templars Chaplain but I've got to give it to you: it works! You've done a good job with painting him, too. :tu: Any more models that need painting in your collection?

Welcome to Canadian_F_H, too! Good luck with those three Land Raiders. :D

nusphigor: Indeed, my latest upgrades are greatly appreciated. B)

more updates!

I got into a late night painting session and managed to finish almost all the basecoats and shadows.

69223110_10156615655184150_7908350284584

I don't know why but this phone keeps taking really bad pictures...

i'll have to dive more into it.

Edit: way better picture, but still kinda bad...

Cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

Despite the phone camera acting up, your progress is looking good! Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Thank you brother chaplain!

Your Fists' exposed faces look unusually pale, as if they're Corax's sons instead of Dorn's. Their armor is well-painted, though.

it isn't the camera. I do the skin of my fists with Rakarth Flesh, then Reikland Fleshshade, then highlight with Rakarth Flesh and then Pallid Wych Flesh.

That makes them really pale looking because they are supposed to be on a really heavy campaign and helps focus the eye on the faces because they have lots of weathering.

Just wait till i'm finished and you'll see XD

I dont know why i didnt throw the remainder of my ETL-VII vow into this. But those are finished now. I will definitly finish the 3 LRCs for this challenge. But i need to clear some other projects from my ledger first.