+ Painting Event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VI +

Dosjetka

I needed to take a bit of a break after the ETL, but am ready to get back at it.  I used these Aggressors to experiment with some different yellow options, and now that I've figured out my recipe I can get them cleaned up and finalized.

Sons Of Dorn Expansion VI Pre Paint

I, CausticCossack, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete three Aggressors and five Hellblasters by 11th November 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

I need to cut down on my pile of shame, since I've already sworn not to play another game with unpainted models. And I have more painting time now anyway, so this may not even be my only vow.

So I, Hellebras, loyal and devoted son of Dorn, swear on the hand of the Primarch to complete three Aggressors with auto boltstorm gauntlets and fragstorm launchers and a Captain in Gravis armor with a master-crafted power sword and a boltstorm gauntlet by the eleventh of November, 2019.

IMG 20190915 163820 (2019 09 22T19 33 56.992)

And maybe to get a better camera.

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and His on Terra!

SufficientAnonymity, vossyvo, CausticCossack, & Hellebras: Welcome to the event, welcome back for the two latter Frater, and I look forward to seeing progress on your vows! :tu:

marcusc: Looking great, as always! :D

Closet Skeleton: Slowly getting there and looking good. :)

good work on that storm talon.  Granted its not my favorite flyer, I am still not thrilled about most marine aircraft, which is sad because being ex air force and growing up on air force bases, I am kinda partial and was thrilled with flyers were introduced.  Sadly the only marine flyer i partially like is the dark angel one.   I was hoping they released a primaris Interceptor or fighter bomber or something.  I also wouldn't mind getting my hands on a raptor, but thats cause its a real gun ship with side turrets.   Can't wait to see what you add to your warbringers once you get that initial stuff all painted Thanatos31.

I, Thalidar, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Celestial Stormfists to complete

• 1x Primarus Captain
  • 2x Lieutenant's 
  • 1x Intercessor (test scheme finish) 
  • 1x Sergeant Intercessor (test scheme finish)
  • 1x Ancient
  • 1x Rhino (test scheme finish)

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

EDIT: thanks to Geradas for assistance on how to upload this pictures. Much appreciated.

0Uhgqum.jpg

kQufeKw.jpg?2

hT6BWmn.jpg?1

Thalidar

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka
Edited formatting.

Invictor complete.

n4trobo.jpg?1

I'm not sure whether I should vow ten reivers or intercessors next; both are sat on my desk assembled and primed.

EDIT: You know what? I'll vow them both. I, SufficientAnonymity of The Black Templars, vow in the name of Sigismund, Helbrecht and Rogal Dorn to complete ten reivers and ten intercessors by 11th November 2019.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

I don't have enough likes for this thread. :(

StormTalon Gunship 

base is done; needs weathering and battle damage 

Always loved the model together with the StormHawk Interceptor my favorite flyers. Though the Corvus Blackstar is real nice too. 

How are you getting your paints to go on so smoothly? Are you just painting a lot of thin coats? Using an air brush? Really curious.