+ Painting Event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VI +

Dosjetka

Nice. I think the yellow has come out well on that repulsor. It’s a tough colour on large areas.

Yeah, I hadn't painted a vehicle in a while, so that caught me by surprise. My normal method still worked, it just took more coats than usual. Could be smoother, but it works at tabletop distance and I'll be ready to get a more perfect execution next time I do a vehicle. So I'm reasonably satisfied.

I did 7th legion in 30k so I feel your pain. I prefer to use yriel yellow over white rather than Averland, which I find a bit dull. The new wraithbone spray is surprisingly good under yriel yellow, though of course you need at lest two coats. That’s what I’m doing on my titans.

I'll have to give Wraithbone a try then. The old Averland Sunset spray has been a decent undercoat for me, but if the new undercoats really do go on smoother then that would be a big help. Maybe I'll get one of the smaller pots to test it out for the cleanup phase first.

I'll post a brief recap and the banners for those who succeeded their vow(s) tomorrow. :thumbsup: Congrats to all who did!

Will there be a banner for those of us that failed? (Me :sad.: ) If not that is fine too. Just wanted to verify if I needed to wear a banner of shame.

Edited by Aothaine

Unfortunately I did meet the cut off date due to suffering a pretty serious injury over the last week. However, I spoke with Chaplain Dosjetka and he agreed to let me go ahead an post what I vowed to complete since I was able to finally sit down and paint.(I did not receive credit for the event for the record) 

Here are my Sternguard Veterans, as well as the entire squad together. These were all converted/kit bashed from the Space Marine Heroes range. I hope all the sons of Dorn enjoy them.

8Y8MuAt.jpg

UD67WCv.jpg

Me0k8hj.jpg

5QlvINC.jpg

lRo1PcX.jpg

9QUUOJE.jpg

qMVOuPK.jpg

uLjLYWF.jpg

F78LBn0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long overdue update!

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who got involved! There were some fantastic vows and in the end we got to see some great-looking painted miniatures! :D

Next, congratulations to the following people for completing their vow(s):

• CausticCossack
  • Closet Skeleton
  • Disruptor_fe404
  • Gederas
  • Happy-inquisitor
  • Hellebras (2 vows)
  • JAG Templar
  • Mandragola
  • marcusc (2 vows)
  • nusphigor (2 vows)
  • Osteoclast
  • Reinhard
  • Rizara
  • SufficientAnonymity (2 vows)
  • Thalidar
  • viewasjack
  • vossyvo (2 vows)

You can all add this banner to your signatures and be proud of your efforts!

gallery_45765_12339_54040.png

gallery_45765_12339_6416.png

Last but not least, very sorry for my rather shameful presence during this event. Life has been what it is and distractions have been plentiful. Thanks for putting up with all that and I hope to see you all next time!

Cheers,

Dos

P.S. If I've made a mistake or forgotten one of your vows, please let me know!