Chapter Tactic Assignment!

Sete

I'm torn for my Marines Errant. None of them really jump out for a Chapter that specializes in drop pod and boarding assaults. I might just stick with Inheritors, as boring as that is.

+1 to charge definitely stands out for a drop pod focussed playstyle. It increases the chance for a successfull charge from 52% to 68% when re-rolling the lowest dice. The second part though ... no idea. ^^

I'm torn for my Marines Errant. None of them really jump out for a Chapter that specializes in drop pod and boarding assaults. I might just stick with Inheritors, as boring as that is.

+1 to charge definitely stands out for a drop pod focussed playstyle. It increases the chance for a successfull charge from 52% to 68% when re-rolling the lowest dice. The second part though ... no idea. ^^

Oh man, that actually sounds really awesome.  My primaris marines can't go in pods, but that really makes me want to get a few vanguard vets or terminators.  

I kinda think Space Sharks/Carcaradons(sp, this is why I call them "space sharks" which sounds cooler and better than "space wolves") should have Fearsome Aspect and Whirlwind of Rage.

Those Badab books. Geez it would suck to fight any space marine force, but the Space Sharks just ripped and tore in absolute silence.

:cuss.

What about Primaris Thousand Sons? Made by Cawl completely by accident obviously...

Trait 1 is simple enough (re-roll the warp charge dice). What about the 2nd? Bolter Drill for pseudo-prescience?

I'd say Knowledge is Power (the one you mentioned) and maybe Master Artisans for that prescient knowledge concept?

What do you guys think would suit the ecexutioners chapter?

The executioners are sons of Dorn but more towards the BT end of the spectrum then the Fists.

I think Whirlwind of Rage for one of them to reflect them as ferocious fighters.

The fluff for them feels very much rooted in Conan the Barbarian stories which place an emphasis on heroes so I like Born Heroes for the second, admittedly giving a boost to heroic charge is probably is not the best from a competitive viewpoint.

One of the things I like about this system is there are no clear options for chapters like the Executioners, tactical withdrawal paired with whirlwind of range would work as well and probably be more effective in game.

Any suggestions for minotaurs?

Scions of the Forge . They seem to be big on armor.

Hungry for Battle. Combined with the Combat Doctrines

Or a DIY/Counts As Chaos Undivided to get Death to the False Emperor and Veterans of the Long War?

Suggestions for Doom Eagles?

After reading up on them at Lexicanum:

Hungry For Battle would be fitting for their heavy use of jump packs.

Stalwart, Stoic and Indomitable each sound about right to reflect the morbid nature and how they use it to do their job despite the notion that they will all die.

Suggestions for Doom Eagles?

After reading up on them at Lexicanum:

Hungry For Battle would be fitting for their heavy use of jump packs.

Stalwart, Stoic and Indomitable each sound about right to reflect the morbid nature and how they use it to do their job despite the notion that they will all die.

Why didn’t I think of that

What do you guys think would suit the ecexutioners chapter?

This would be my suggestion:

Executioners

Their skill at close combat and headhunting would be well-reflected by the Duellists trait, while their grim determination would be reflected in the Indomitable trait.

What would one use for Astral Claws, they were known for their lighting strikes and mobile warfare before settling down at Badab where they became known for boarding actions and defensive/holding actions?

During 7th ed they had stubborn and skilled rider and landspeeders got scout, so is there any conversion from that to the new 8th ed rules.

What would one use for Astral Claws, they were known for their lighting strikes and mobile warfare before settling down at Badab where they became known for boarding actions and defensive/holding actions?

During 7th ed they had stubborn and skilled rider and landspeeders got scout, so is there any conversion from that to the new 8th ed rules.

Rapid Assault, Tactical Withdrawal, and Duelists all go with them I'd say

Raptors

- Long range marksmen

- Warded

I think warded represents Raptors better as they were noted as being pretty hardy in the HH. Don't have to be pure stealth like RG as a successor. 

For my DIY not SoH chapter I am doing rapid assault and whirlwind of rage.