Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chapter Tactic Assignment!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,015 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'm torn for my Marines Errant. None of them really jump out for a Chapter that specializes in drop pod and boarding assaults. I might just stick with Inheritors, as boring as that is.

+1 to charge definitely stands out for a drop pod focussed playstyle. It increases the chance for a successfull charge from 52% to 68% when re-rolling the lowest dice. The second part though ... no idea. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

durdle-durdle

durdle-durdle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 653 posts

I'm torn for my Marines Errant. None of them really jump out for a Chapter that specializes in drop pod and boarding assaults. I might just stick with Inheritors, as boring as that is.

+1 to charge definitely stands out for a drop pod focussed playstyle. It increases the chance for a successfull charge from 52% to 68% when re-rolling the lowest dice. The second part though ... no idea. ^^

Oh man, that actually sounds really awesome.  My primaris marines can't go in pods, but that really makes me want to get a few vanguard vets or terminators.  

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,145 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
I kinda think Space Sharks/Carcaradons(sp, this is why I call them "space sharks" which sounds cooler and better than "space wolves") should have Fearsome Aspect and Whirlwind of Rage.

Those Badab books. Geez it would suck to fight any space marine force, but the Space Sharks just ripped and tore in absolute silence.

:cuss.
  • Iron Father Ferrum likes this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Deadlight

Deadlight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
What do you guys think would suit the ecexutioners chapter?
"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable."

"There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

(Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, 1980)

exsanguis

exsanguis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

What about Primaris Thousand Sons? Made by Cawl completely by accident obviously...

Trait 1 is simple enough (re-roll the warp charge dice). What about the 2nd? Bolter Drill for pseudo-prescience?

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,077 posts

What about Primaris Thousand Sons? Made by Cawl completely by accident obviously...

Trait 1 is simple enough (re-roll the warp charge dice). What about the 2nd? Bolter Drill for pseudo-prescience?

I'd say Knowledge is Power (the one you mentioned) and maybe Master Artisans for that prescient knowledge concept?

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,748 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Astartes

Ya'll take this Heresy to the Chaos forum before a Templar Chaplain shows up ;)

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 644 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The executioners are sons of Dorn but more towards the BT end of the spectrum then the Fists.

I think Whirlwind of Rage for one of them to reflect them as ferocious fighters.
The fluff for them feels very much rooted in Conan the Barbarian stories which place an emphasis on heroes so I like Born Heroes for the second, admittedly giving a boost to heroic charge is probably is not the best from a competitive viewpoint.

One of the things I like about this system is there are no clear options for chapters like the Executioners, tactical withdrawal paired with whirlwind of range would work as well and probably be more effective in game.

mertbl

mertbl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 638 posts
Any suggestions for minotaurs?

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,748 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Astartes

Scions of the Forge . They seem to be big on armor.
Hungry for Battle. Combined with the Combat Doctrines

Or a DIY/Counts As Chaos Undivided to get Death to the False Emperor and Veterans of the Long War?

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,980 posts
  • Faction: Relictors

I think Galton had it right for Minotaurs:
Hungry for battle
Whirlwind of rage

mertbl

mertbl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 638 posts
I totally overlooked his post earlier.

Lhorke

Lhorke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts
Suggestions for Doom Eagles?
Imperial: World Eaters (C:BA), Deathwatch, Space Marines (Night Watch), Imperial Soup
Chaos: World Eaters, Death Guard, Slaanesh

"Through the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life. I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear." - Kargos Bloodspitter

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,536 posts

After reading up on them at Lexicanum:

Hungry For Battle would be fitting for their heavy use of jump packs.
Stalwart, Stoic and Indomitable each sound about right to reflect the morbid nature and how they use it to do their job despite the notion that they will all die.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27.jpggallery_48988_11572_4635.pnggallery_48988_11572_4164.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Lhorke

Lhorke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts

After reading up on them at Lexicanum:
Hungry For Battle would be fitting for their heavy use of jump packs.
Stalwart, Stoic and Indomitable each sound about right to reflect the morbid nature and how they use it to do their job despite the notion that they will all die.

Why didn’t I think of that🤦‍♂️I like the idea of
Hungry for battle
Stalwart/stoic
Imperial: World Eaters (C:BA), Deathwatch, Space Marines (Night Watch), Imperial Soup
Chaos: World Eaters, Death Guard, Slaanesh

"Through the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life. I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear." - Kargos Bloodspitter

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,364 posts

This would be my suggestion:

Executioners

Their skill at close combat and headhunting would be well-reflected by the Duellists trait, while their grim determination would be reflected in the Indomitable trait.

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,886 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

What would one use for Astral Claws, they were known for their lighting strikes and mobile warfare before settling down at Badab where they became known for boarding actions and defensive/holding actions?

During 7th ed they had stubborn and skilled rider and landspeeders got scout, so is there any conversion from that to the new 8th ed rules.

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                               Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - 18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions;

Geno One-Four-One Akkad 'Black Scorpions'; Dominion of Thedas 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; House Cousland; 901st Solar Auxiliary Cohort

40k: SM: Astral Claws 5th Company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves [Brotherhood of the Steel-Eyed-Wolf of the Ordu of Jaghatai]; Dorn's Sentinels

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion;

Knight House: House Cousland

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights

True-Scale: The Legion of Blackshields

zero88

zero88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts

What would one use for Astral Claws, they were known for their lighting strikes and mobile warfare before settling down at Badab where they became known for boarding actions and defensive/holding actions?

During 7th ed they had stubborn and skilled rider and landspeeders got scout, so is there any conversion from that to the new 8th ed rules.

Rapid Assault, Tactical Withdrawal, and Duelists all go with them I'd say

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users