Knight Lancer head's lack of frontal vision– bug or feature?

Lucifer216

Hi all, 

I've just received my 40k scale Knight Lancer through the post and I've noticed that the grill on its 'helmet' prevents it from seeing straight-on. 

Given the way that medieval knight helms have restricted vision to reduce the risk from lance splinters, do you feel this is an acceptable stylistic touch or do you think I should cut the grill down a bit so the helmet lenses are visible straight-on?

Lancer head side

Lancer head side

The human inside the Knight is mind linked with the sensors on the Vehicle so no LOS is needed as you are not using your eyes and are relying on the sensors. Also I like having a big :cuss off armour plate in front of me for when the shields fail and I headbutt a Las-Strike :)

It is mentioned in the book Kingsblade that chaos like to use interference and ii blinds the pilot to a massive degree. Reducing their ability to fight.

If I recall correctly, medieval jousting helmets were designed in such a way that the knight would lean forwards on the approach (which is when they could see) then straighten up at the last moment so that their visor was angled in such a way that blocked their vision but also the splinters you mentioned. It's possible that the Cerastus Lancer does something similar with its head, changing the angle during a charge.