Genestealer Cults tokens/markers for Kill Team (WIP)

Here is the initial stab at tokens/markers for the Kill Team game. The one thing holding me back right now is that I haven't figured out what graphic(s) to use for the various xenos Commander Aura tokens. The forces of the Imperium use a laurel; the forces of Chaos use a Chaos star stylized as a laurel. If I can't figure out a decent generic graphic to use for all xenos factions/sub-factions, I may have to come up with different graphics for each xenos faction/sub-faction (which will slow me down, but that's okay if it's for the best).

Normally I show a Commander Aura and Psychic Effect token, but lacking the Commander Aura graphic, here's the objective marker:

Genestealer Cults

tn_gallery_26_15205_968726.png

Note that this is a generic GSC icon. If there are different icons and color schemes for different cults, I'll probably create those, too. I expect that I'll create a range of GSC icons for the different hive fleets (matching those colors, look in the Tyranids forum).

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I tried some alternatives with a few of the xenos factions, but was dissatisfied with them. So last night I pushed this rock further up the hill.

These will be expanded so that there are tokens matching the schemes of the Tyranid hive fleets. I might adjust the basic design by shrinking the Genestealer Cult icon a bit.

tn_gallery_26_15205_503712.png

In theory, they can be printed double-sided and cut out with a different marker on opposite sides (commander aura/psychic effect, move/advance, etc.). If I was going to do that, I'd probably use heavy cardstock and then laminate them after cutting them out.

Alternately, you can print them on separate sheets of paper and then glue different markers for a double-sided effect, either to each other or to something like wooden discs (available at hobby shops), old bases (gluing two bases together will give you a token that's easier to pick up, but much thicker), etc. Or you can print them on sticker paper to stick them directly to the object.