Ashen Circle and Toxiferran

Noctus Cornix

This might seem like a bit of a dumb question, but I was looking through book 8 and I found myself drooling over the Psykana section of the book and something dawned on me. By the Gods, Toxiferan flamers look so delicious. The only thing I noticed, however, was that it was only available for Legion Destroyers. And yet you replace a single hand-flamer for it! 

So my question was this, has there been any kind of FAQ giving the Toxiferan flamer option to Ashen Circle? If anyone would use these kind of things, it's them, and they are basically legion destroyers, much like Justaerin are Terminators. With the most recent faq then they can even be joined by a Moritat. 

Have you guys seen anything?

I don't think giving ashen circle the option to replace their handlers with a toxiferrum like destroyers is a good idea.

Hand flamers are str 3, these are poison 3+ with pseudo rending. Maybe at 10ppm since that's what a destroyer pays to get one, but even then, ashen circle are very lethal after their changes. I don't think giving them even more killing power via wargear is needed

The standard rule for destroyers was to replace their hand flamer with a toxiferan flamer for free. The same can be considered for Ashen Circle, far as I'm concerned. It's a better flamer, yes, but it's also assault rather than pistol so the Ashen Circle would no longer be doubly armed.

And if their job was just to burn books they wouldn't have rad grenades, phosphex, and axe-rakes.

Sure, it's a free swap from hand flamer to toxi...but destroyers pay 10 points to get hand flamers in the first place.

Ashen circle are already wildly undercosted compared to destroyers with a similar loadout. You already only pay 5 points more for AC if you give destroyers jump packs; their weapons cost about 100 points alone, not to mention their special rules. But they should be able to get rending, poisoned flamers squad wide for free because people don't quite get how much better they are.

And their gear was meant to destroy churches; axe rakes to topple statues, flame weapons to destroy books. They don't have rad grenades.