Dedicated transports

AdamSMValar

Dedicated transports only count as 'attached' to the unit they were purchased for in regards to slots on the Force Org chart, I.E.: they don't fill up any slots.

On all other accounts, they count as a unit of the same type as their 'parent' unit. I.E: a Rhino purchased for a Tac Squad counts as a troop unit. Page 132 BRB.

Since they do count as their own unit, they also give up a VP in missions where this is relevant. Which means you would get 1 VP for killing the Tac Squad and one more VP for destroying the Rhino in this particular example.

Dedicated transports only count as 'attached' to the unit they were purchased for in regards to slots on the Force Org chart, I.E.: they don't fill up any slots.

On all other accounts, they count as a unit of the same type as their 'parent' unit. I.E: a Rhino purchased for a Tac Squad counts as a troop unit. Page 132 BRB.

Since they do count as their own unit, they also give up a VP in missions where this is relevant. Which means you would get 1 VP for killing the Tac Squad and one more VP for destroying the Rhino in this particular example.

To me this makes sense, my friends hooked up on this "battlefield role" part saying it's only for the purpose of that not as its own unit. Even though it's in black and white "counts as a unit of troops"