Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Contorted Epitome (Box art colours)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Phok Smoulder

Phok Smoulder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
  • Faction: 1kSons/Daemons/IG/DG

I was trying to find the suggested colours for painting this new Slaaneshi piece, as I love the look of it and it's supposed to be good as well in practice. there's a few colours on there I'm not too sure about though (mainly the hair and some of the blues) so I was thinking they probably have some colour names on the back of the box. 

Does anyone have the box please, and if it has the colours listed could you upload a pic for me? it would be amazing if you could as it could help me out a fair bit.

I have some ideas on what I will use to try and replicate it, but actually knowing some of the colours they actually used could help out a fair bit. 

I usually like to tackle things myself anyway and change up the scheme a bit, or just come up with my own. I don't have any other Slaanesh mini's though, so I don't have a warband scheme or anything like that, so I'd just like to try and paint it like the box art I think. I like the colours on there, and if I do decide to get some daemonettes I can paint those in a similar way as well (as I do like to keep my daemons quite uniform tbh) 

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 981 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

I think I kept the painting guide from the booklet that came with the box - I will check when I get home tonight, and if I do I can scan and post a copy of it tomorrow.

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,851 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

There's a citadel painting app that's supposed to have some of these things, it will at least have the standard 'eavy metal daemonette colours.

I have the booklet.

Hair is khorne red -> nuln oil ->screamer pink -> pink horror which I can tell you is missing a final lighter highlight that the boxart definitely has but that's 'eavy metal for you.

Its kantor blue -> Nuln oil -> Temple Guard blue -> Baharroth blue for the big gem on front.

Liberator gold -> reikland fleshshade (I presume NOT the gloss one) -> auric armour gold -> stormhost silver

Purple robes are naggorth night ->nuln oil -> xereus purple ->dechala lilac

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 981 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

I have managed to scan the booklet page, but am not computer savey enough to edit the .jpg so there is a lot of white space - sorry about that.  In any case, the colours are as detailed above by others, I just thought the photos might also help.

mkcBh2Z.jpg

• Aothaine likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users