Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crossing the Rubicon Primaris

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

I think him working on the original geneseed project is part of the ‘misremembered myth’ angle. He wasn’t old enough to have lived on Terra during the Unfication Wars in Wolfsbane. People in 40k think he might have, but he actually didn’t.

According to Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus he probably is old enough to have been around for the initial Primarch and Space Marine projects.

From page 38 of Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus

"Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl was already old at the birth of the Imperium, over
ten thousand years ago. During that span of
ages the Tech-Priest has served Mars and the
Machine God as a Forge Lord and a Lexico
Arcanus, but it is in his role as Magos Biologis
that Cawl’s greatest mastery lies."

Rik
  • Dracos likes this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,076 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
We know he is not particularly old or young during the heresy, he is low rank because he doesn't have ambition for high rank at that time. But he is portrayed as being a genius and willing to break rules to win.

That being said,there is no indication of him having worked with the emperor. So that would need some clever explanation to be given. Most likely, it he turns out to have the brains of multiple people in current 40k, he is actually a combination of a few genius' from that time.
  • Ugolino likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,841 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons

We know he is not particularly old or young during the heresy, he is low rank because he doesn't have ambition for high rank at that time. But he is portrayed as being a genius and willing to break rules to win.

That being said,there is no indication of him having worked with the emperor. So that would need some clever explanation to be given. Most likely, it he turns out to have the brains of multiple people in current 40k, he is actually a combination of a few genius' from that time.

He did basically "eat" his mentor'a entire collection of knowledge so it's possible he literally is a collection of other Magi.
  • Dracos likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,051 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
All that is fine if he’s multiple memories absorbed into one person, but he still didn’t work on the Primarch project or the initial geneseed project. That’s not his worst lore, since we already have a theoretical basis for doing that right now in our own time. The issue is those projects weren’t Martian endeavors. It was Terran and Selenar tech. I’m not even extrapolating this, it’s mentioned in the Black Books and stated categorically in Solar War. They’ll have to retcon his appearance in Wolfsbane and have him interact with the traitor from Solar War who was the literally last of the Selanar genewrights. And absorb her memories.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 19 August 2019 - 11:14 PM.

• Dracos likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,748 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Astartes

I'm learning all kinds of stuff that have no effect on the gameboard but are cool. Good thread.

• Blindhamster and Black Blow Fly like this

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,076 posts

All that is fine if he’s multiple memories absorbed into one person, but he still didn’t work on the Primarch project or the initial geneseed project. That’s not his worst lore, since we already have a theoretical basis for doing that right now in our own time. The issue is those projects weren’t Martian endeavors. It was Terran and Selenar tech. I’m not even extrapolating this, it’s mentioned in the Black Books and stated categorically in Solar War. They’ll have to retcon his appearance in Wolfsbane and have him interact with the traitor from Solar War who was the literally last of the Selanar genewrights. And absorb her memories.

I swear there is a scene in emperor of mankind where mr land is watching the emp work and its implied he played a part in the projects too? A lot of people throw around the idea that maybe one of the minds have is lands... what if thats also who was involved with said project?

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,051 posts
Land goes to see the Emperor about Angron, well after the project was over and the GC was underway. Also Land was lost in a technovault, Cawl would’ve had to meet him before then. And steal his memories. Also, he goes to see him about the Butcher’s nails, not a matter of genetic engineering.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 19 August 2019 - 11:45 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,841 posts

Well thst or with access to the tech on Terra have access to all the Emperor's notes and blueprints.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,051 posts

Well thst or with access to the tech on Terra have access to all the Emperor's notes and blueprints.
That would be surprising since Corax had to get express permission to enter the vault while the Emperor was still living. It would beggar belief if Cawl was somehow granted an audience with the Emperor so recently interred on the throne, the labs survived the siege, and the Emperor just gives some guy who is only an Adept at this point all of his notes. Especially since Horus’ tactical aims during the Solar War were to secure the Selenar tech. He’d know of the lab and want what’s in there as well, making it a target. We will have to wait and see if they circle back to it.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 19 August 2019 - 11:49 PM.

• Ugolino and D3L like this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,841 posts
Guilliman gave Cawl access but I imagine those vaults weren't easy to see even with permission, much less when the palace was swarming with loyalists.

I'd be shocked if Chaos found a way in.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,420 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I hate Chaos.

Only a fool will claim a loyal and proven Primarch would ever turn ...

=][=

my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,051 posts
The labs aren’t in the palace. They’re in the tundras of the northern hemisphere. Far away from Tibet/Imperial Palace territory. Regardless, this won’t be addressed anytime soon. For now Cawl has no part in the geneseed or Primarch project, nor the means or ability to access the Emperor’s labs/tech without the Emperor living. It will have to be another retcon to make Cawl and Primaris in anyway connected to the Emperor.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 20 August 2019 - 12:49 AM.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,076 posts

The labs aren’t in the palace. They’re in the tundras of the northern hemisphere. Far away from Tibet/Imperial Palace territory. Regardless, this won’t be addressed anytime soon. For now Cawl has no part in the geneseed or Primarch project, nor the means or ability to access the Emperor’s labs/tech without the Emperor living. It will have to be another retcon to make Cawl and Primaris in anyway connected to the Emperor.

I mean...

TECHNICALLY the retcon was wolfsbane, as the admech stuff about him having been involved with the original gene project was from that before he appeared in wolfsbane.

I'm sure they'll work something out but the series (both 30k and 40k) is absolutely full of retcons and contradictions anyway so what's one more?

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,342 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Alright people, stay on topic. This isn't a discussion about Cawl or how old he is or what knowledge he knows. While that is certainly an interesting topic and I encourage you to make a new topic about just that. However, let's please keep this thread on it's original course. 

"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++
LRW648G.jpgMu0LNbJ.jpgsZ7h6UF.pngeuJimEX.pngslZakJf.jpgP4U1aFX.jpg

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.
We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."
- High Marshal Helbrecht

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users