Interest in Knightfall ... 2021!?

It's a Black Templars Sub-Forum painting & modelling event. 

We all pledge to paint X unit(s) by a certain date, with there being signature image prizes for completion, best in show, most pledges completed and also, failure...

It's not aggressively competitive, you pledge as much or as little as you like. It's just nice to have a sort of semi-deadline to work to.

Previous years have had themes. I understand the first one was based around painting drop pods, which were new and meta at the time, later years have focussed on thing such  as transports, with you being able to tag on a unit to go in the transport. 

Here's last year's: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350094-knightfall-2018/page-8?hl=%2Bknightfall&do=findComment&comment=5224007

(I think 2017 may have been archived.)

• 1 month later...

That's a very nice kit!

(But maybe I'll like the "Hovering El Camino look" I might have to get one myself and paint it red it ll go fasta then!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an idea today about the theme for this year, completion.

We could emphasise painting units which are languishing in our backlogs, resurrecting those forgotten brothers who are waiting for the touch of a brush.

I wouldn't think to exclude anyone who doesn't have anything in their queue, I just doubt that anyone is really on that boat!

I had an idea today about the theme for this year, completion.

We could emphasise painting units which are languishing in our backlogs, resurrecting those forgotten brothers who are waiting for the touch of a brush.

I wouldn't think to exclude anyone who doesn't have anything in their queue, I just doubt that anyone is really on that boat!

Well, I'm a bit weird and only allow myself to have one un/partially painted project on the go at any one time. That project can be as big as I want (once it was thirty Intercessors, a Chaplain and a Redemptor), but it is only ever one project.

Truth be told, as a mod team we are a little stretched in real-world obligations right now. Time is a luxury we can little afford, and as such our discussed plans for various events are sadly not feasible right now.

There's nothing to stop anyone from working on their own event ideas, but currently our mod-organised attempts at "Knightfall/Crusade Expansion/Chaos at the Gates" are all on the back burner until we can get ourselves above water again. We're all super enthused to hear more ideas and suggestions as well; you never know what can be incorporated into the next big subforum effort

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I'll be honest; I think that none of us Black Templar mods have the additional time to run an event at the moment. However, there's a long history of enterprising members running events of their own here on the B&C. If someone wants to take responsibility for organising an event, they're more than welcome to put together their ideas and send a PM to the mod team. We'll review to make sure everything is okay and then the fun can begin ;)