Interest in Knightfall ... 2021!?

I think it would be a real shame for no event to occur with us finally getting an update like this. Can another Mod be recruited to run it and then stepdown?

I agree, I'd love to see an event happen.

Again though, it really doesn't require a mod to run it! It's just a thread like any other, but with a dedicated organiser or two who make the effort to track, update and maybe create some badges etc.

There are many topics throughout the B&C where you can draw inspiration. We do just ask that before launching such a crusade (:lol:) that you check-in with your Marshals for approval!

There are many topics throughout the B&C where you can draw inspiration. We do just ask that before launching such a crusade (:laugh.:) that you check-in with your Marshals for approval!

But isn't going off and doing the proper crusader thing without the go-ahead from your Marshal the most Black Templar thing possible? :P

So, a fair amount of interest but no mod available to run the show.  Is there anyone who can run the show in the forum?  I would love to but I do not have the time to run it and do a good job. 

I can help but dont have any rights.

What should I do?

So, a fair amount of interest but no mod available to run the show. Is there anyone who can run the show in the forum? I would love to but I do not have the time to run it and do a good job.

I can help but dont have any rights.

What should I do?

You don't need mod rights to run it, you just tot up points and edit the first post.

Heck, I'll do it. I just need someone to create some banners for the participants/winners

black_templars_by_perun_tworek-d5lwqs4.j

artwork by Perun-Tworek

Templar Brethren, it is time once again for KNIGHTFALL, 2018 edition.

This year any model that can be used to Assault is eligible for entry. If there is a beating heart to our armies, its the need to take the fight to our enemies. If it likes to charge and has a melee attack, it can be submitted as a vow. I'm talking about our deep striking, all-in charging, don't care what the shooty meta is, assault units. That paints a pretty wide swath of options, as I would like for as many of us to continue building up our armies. Just about anything is valid within this scope, aside from some pretty obvious examples.

Good examples: Emperors Champion, Crusader & Jump Assault units, Vanguard Veterans, Reivers, LRCs, Imperial Knights

Bad examples: Flyers, drop pods, sniper scouts

As with ETL rules, submissions must be in the early stages of work. Eligible entries may be either straight from sprue, fresh out of the paint stripper, base coasted and/or has a minimal amount of base colors (1 or 2 max, white and red preferably please :yes:) . Photos of your vow must be submitted within 24 hours of the vow itself (within reason), and completion pics submitted to confirm your victory BEFORE the deadline. The event will be closed to new submissions one week (NOV 23rd) before it ends. Other event rules:

• No new vows until completion of the current vow.
  • All submissions should have the point cost of the models pledged listed somewhere within the vow (if you want to compete for the highest points banner - it's gonna be sweet -, if not that's cool too). 
  • Unlimited points or size, but choose wisely, the failure badge this year will not be something you'll want to keep for very long.
  • Vows must have a valid datasheet for submission, ie no Primaris ECs or homebrew units, no matter how cool.
  • POINT BOOST - Play a game that includes a unit completed during Knightfall and post a quick battle report, the units that were in the game will be worth 1.5x the listed datasheet points.
  • Black Templar preferred, but battle brothers from Imperial Fists and Crimson Fists are also valid, other successor chapters of Dorn can be submitted with permission.

Vows can be made any time between now and the cut-off date.

Friday November 30 at midnight Pacific time zone (UTS-8) the event will be closed and the final tally shall be made.

Here is your vow, should you choose to accept this challenge, no matter the odds:

I, (state your name), hereby vow the following force of (model/models) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

sWesyUT.png

By mandate of the Inquisition, due to severe warp translation issues in this sector, the vow as stated above has been altered post facto.

Any vow made until this point shall remain unaltered.

All efforts should be made to fulfill the original order of said vow by the aforementioned completion date, forthwith.

However, the Inquisition will not issue punitive action upon those who cannot fulfill the terms of the original agreement.

As such, failure to comply with the new deadline shall be met with excruciating prejudice ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

- Inquisitor Villore of Ordo Chronos

sWesyUT.png

Here's the breakdown of special awards:

• Highest # of vows: Endless Zeal (participant who makes the most amount of completed vows, regardless of points or unit count)
  • Highest # of points: Crusade Castellan (participant who completed the highest amount of points, regardless of unit size or quantity)
  • Best in Show: Crusade Champion (chosen by TheOneTrueZon)
  • Peoples Choice: Marshal Elect (chosen by forum via polling)

Banners:

So I have some questions:

1. What is the timeframe of the competition? 1 month? 1 week?

2. The vows. Can they be customized / personalized or we choose it from a master list?

3. HOw can we track progress? What is the timeframe of the finishing of a vow? depends on the vow itself?

Edited by BayOkuz

I have approached the mods for an official blessing, more details to come soon, as for dates - that is pending release dates and schedules.

I feel the event should at least run for a few months, as we don't know if GW is releasing the Launch box next month or November

Yes I agree, 3 months seems appropriate - pending when the launch box and various HQs arrive in awaiting hands, I'm  guessing from start of November until end of January. Shift it over a month if the release schedule ends up being a slow drip. 

So I have some questions:

1. What is the timeframe of the competition? 1 month? 1 week?

2. The vows. Can they be customized / personalized or we choose it from a master list?

3. HOw can we track progress? What is the timeframe of the finishing of a vow? depends on the vow itself?

1. Has been a month for a few iterations but then the one in 2018 went long because the site was down for weeks

2. Your vow is however many legal models you wish to paint, no restrictions on how many, go crazy. But failure carries a badge, and it's not going to be kind.

3. You make a post in the official (yet to be created) Knightfall thread, stating the models and their point value and a picture of them in their raw state (up to base coated two colors MAX, ie black base with white zenithal is about as far as you can take it for a starting point). You post a picture of the completed models before the end of the event. There are banners for various feats.

Yes I agree, 3 months seems appropriate - pending when the launch box and various HQs arrive in awaiting hands, I'm  guessing from start of November until end of January. Shift it over a month if the release schedule ends up being a slow drip. 

I think the best case scenario would be the official start for the event be the Sunday after the Launch box releases. As to the end, yeah, it all depends on how fast they release the rest of the stuff :lol:

I'll join in and make a vow, got an indomitus box and other kits waiting for when the codex comes out, just holding off till the new kits come out to see which new bits I can use to spruce them up.

^This. Particularly the few non-Indomitus kits I have which may be more easily kitbashed with new releases or an upgrade sprue.